other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
TravelZip...
Orlando, Florida
“Owner seemed nice at check in. Now I understand, never judge a book by it's cover!!!”
Reviewed 29 May 2011 for a stay in May 2011
person found this review helpful

The apartment has real possibilities! However, the list is long so be patient. The owner said the apartment had air conditioning in our emails. When we arrived he said that the building maintainence had yet to begin on the repairs of the ac. The drain in the shower flowed so poorly we were only able to take a 2 minute shower to keep the bathroom from flooding. The living room furniture was disgusting. Ripped fake leather with many band aid type repairs. In our emails I enquired about cable tv. He said many channels. He did fail to mention that out of the 35 channels only one is in english. Finally became tired of sweating at night and tried the ac. It worked great. So my assumption is he was pinching pennies. Also he charged me more than the $490.00 usd in his listing...

Also, the dishes and utensils were FILTHY! The hot water pot had never been cleaned and as I was drinking tea I noticed some odd. So I peeked in the pot! YUCK!

The apartment is located at the end of a very busy very narrow street that most taxi drivers can not find. Even the english speaking taxi service was never able to pick us up from the apartment. Two nights before we were to depart, the toilet stopped working. I tried to call the owner around 9:00 pm and he never answered my calls. Now I see why no person has left any feedback as this owner has been listed on TripAdvisor for a few years.

I think there are many other apartments that I will check out next time I am in Beijing, which happens to be in 2 months.... Good luck all and enjoy Beijing, it is AWESOME!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Management Response
29 May 2011
Hi Mike, thank for your very informative feed back. When you are in the apt, I was not in Beijing. Therefore, It is my dad to meet you at that time. As per my dad speaking, you don't pay deposit. We offer you the apt due to the apt is available when you took train from Vietnam finally, which gave us a last minute surprise. Previous you plan to take plane to Beijing and refuse to pay deposit. Even if we are not sure your trip plan, not sure if you will choose this apt, we work very hard to clean the apt and have it ready for you. As the the AC, I think you misunderstood my dad, AC works fine but May in beijing is not the season to use AC. It is up to you if you'd like to use AC, so that you run the AC and feel it great. As for the shower, since it is very good 24 hours hot water for free and the water flow is very big and we do not limit the flow to offer you the best shower experience. To avoid the flooding you may just reduce the hot water a little. As for the furnitures in living room, we clean them very carefully. They are not totally fresh new furnitures, but they are clean and tidy.
As for the total cost to rent this apt, since the rate depends on season, May is busy season. The total is 525USD for a week, a little higher that 490 as usual. As for the hot pot/dishes, totally different from Vietnam, you can notice the hardness of water in Beijing. We can not avoid the hardness water. Therefore you can find very small white mark in dishes and hot pot. It is MgO2. As for the location of this apt, it locates in center of beijing, near the very busy road guangqumen inner street. Many and many cars running in the street, the noise will affect you. But no noise with the apt, because the apt locates in the end of the a narrow street. Quiet place for you! As for the toilet, toilet work fine, but at that time the water supply of the toilet bowl has problem. It is the water supply problem with the apt building. And the problem was resolved early morning next day.

Jason
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing