All reviewshighest buildingred chambertallest hotelbathroom mirrorclear daystop floordressing areapremier roomnespresso machinehealth clubguest roomsswimming poolforbidden cityhotel is perfectrooms are largeyour luggagebreakfast room
Reviewed 15 September 2012

First of all, my driver dropped me off at the China World, which is the same but different wing. When I asked for assistance to bring my bags over the the summit wing, the answer was "NO", they can't this, and when I insisted, and requested to speak to the duty manager, then reluctantly, they sent a bell boy to help me. It was almost 4:30pm, and told my room was not ready. OK, so I went for my meeting, and requested them to put my bag in the room when it is ready. Finally, got my room, and was told they will send my bags up. OK. So I waited for 10 minutes in my room, and I lost my patience and called the front desk. The bag then came after the call. I tried to polish my shoes, and found the sponge was used before, see photo. Ah, one more thing, if you think you're staying high up and you did not need to wear anything in the room, you're wrong. One morning, there was stranger outside cleaning the window. But there is no prior notice from the hotel management!

Room Tip: Make sure you close your curtain, as you won't know when the stranger outside the window will come visiting you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dinernothappy
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This is the business trip to Beijing. I do not realize this hotel is located at the top floors of the building. Comfortable staff service, they are all giving you Welcome nice smile.
Fantastic view when I step out from the elevator at 64/F foyer and the room is locating above 64/F.
Unfortunately it is business trip, otherwise I would be more enjoying. :)
The location of hotel is near to World Trade Buildings in Beijing. It is still convenient to go to other sightseeing spots and it just takes you few subway stops or reasonable price by taxi

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MakSir
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Its all pretty good and the service on 79th floor is quite impressive, though I don't always need their help on every single thing. I am still quite amazed by their attention to details. What else I noticed is that the lookings of their male staffs in the gym are above average! I guess I should be impressed npby their hiring process! Ha

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed in the Hotel at Easter (we can't go back in time, so I have picked August) 2011 with two kids. For the kids we had the swimming pool and also the fitness area planned, but my son suffered from a brocken arm with a cast, so he was not allowed to swim. Fitness is for adults only. Other than that it is a wonderful hotel, the superior room on top is just perfect and the stay was pleasent with excellent service. The restaurants are good, in particualr the bar on the top is lovely and the hotel allows you to escape from Beijing smog, which is one of the main benefits. You have access to the underground to reach the shopping mal of China World which is very convinient. The fitness area is best equiped with excellent mashines, as the hotel just newly oppened by then the interior was all brandnew. In China this is important, as older hotels do suffer from the smoking habits of locals and also from the spitting habits of locals. It is very expensive but in my eyes worth every pence, the view is amazing, the Beijing smog only does block the view once in a while....Due to the fresh opening we had been part of the regular fire drill upon our arrival, which took us some time - with the whole family like moles after the long distance flight. But the staff served us with snacks and tea, so we could survive.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2012

It is wonderful to eat, meet and sleep on 88th floor. excellent city view and service. The breakfast is also a plus. They use to provide Evian water everywhere in the hotel, however, not any more and switched to local water.

The location is a good choice for both business and casual. The underground shopping mall linked with the China World Hotel, gives a plenty of choices of stores, restaurants and even supermarket.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business