All reviews highest building infinity pool red chamber tallest hotel bathroom mirror clear days top floor dressing area premier room nespresso machine health club guest rooms city view hotel is perfect forbidden city rooms are large your luggage
Reviewed 31 January 2012

hotel is will located and with walking from subway or main street. its tallest building in Beijing. so you never cam miss it. rooms are super classics and nice. with perfect mattress. amazing swimming pool. they have stereo music underwater. first ever to try. i enjoy swimming pool very much.
Restaurant 79 is not that wooow. but on 4th floor very nice Chinese restaurant. club floor is great for all time. you will enjoy it always.

Room Tip: some suites have direct acces from 1st floor. i think 74floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank q8engrchina
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We were looking for somewhere to go for Chinese New Year, and came across this hotel primarily because it was tall. In fact the lowest rooms are on floor 64 in the tallest building in Beijing. But it isn't just about the height...
On checking in we asked for a non smoking king facing west, for a view of Forbidden city. Sadly there were non available and after lots of checking we went for an upgrade to grand room (corner suite) for 350RMB giving us views both south and west. The room and views were pretty special (a rare low smog day), you can even have a bath and look out over the city.
We looked at the restaurants in the hotel for food and they were prohibitively expensive, fortunately room service was more reasonable. In the residents lounge on the 64th floor there is also some complimentary drinks and nibbles - a nice touch.
Since it was a family break, we made use of the pool with our daughter which was also amazing - intinity pool overlooking the city.
Finally, breakfast was also outstanding (and again fairly expensive) with a selection of freshly prepared hot items as well as the usual pastries and Chinese fare.
All in all this hotel is pretty expensive but it really is something special. They should definitely change the name though, to properly distinguish it from China World hotel, which is not even in the same building.

Room Tip: Get a view west or north for best city views.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jimbob_uk
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I think this hotel really gives you a good feeling while beeing in one of the most conflicting (old and modern) and growing cities of Asia. It`s a quiet place, but still perfectly situated. I went there twice till now and enjoyed the views from the room and especially from the Atmosphere Bar on Level 80. This place is unbelievable. I found the price reasonable enough to go twice. Unfortunately I haven`t tried the Restaurants yet. The staff was nice and the rooms were the best you can expect in a Shangri-La Hotel, def. much better than in Kowloon.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2012

The rooms are excellent, even the smallest ones are well appointed with a large bath and rain shower. The bed was very comfortable and the details in general were well thought out - electrical outlets that don't require adapters, easy access to lights, automatic curtains, TV that easily accepts Aux input from my iPad, Nespresso machine, lots of bottled water even for the tea kettle, iPod dock that is new enough to charge the iPhone 4S. Service was friendly although the English isn't up to standard and there were some delays and difficulties with Checkin. Breakfast spread was excellent. Dual lift lobby system was a little annoying. Free wireless internet everywhere. Lobby was a bit difficult to find for taxi drivers, not many knew where the main entrance to the hotel was although they all knew the office entrance (Guo Mao San Qi in Pinyin)

Room Tip: XX09 series rooms have great morning sun and unblocked views of the CCTV complex and the Eastern parts of Beijing (although there is a prominent smokestack as well)
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I stayed here a few nights on a business trip. The stay started off well enough with hotel pickup arranged from the airport. Upon arrival the staff escorted me to my room to check me in but strangely the welcome note in the room was written in Korean simply as the staff assumed I was one based on my surname!

The stay and facilities were all great but one of the mornings when I got down to breakfast the dining room was full and I had to use the lounge a floor up which had a limited spread. My stay would have otherwise been memorable if not for the departure when the hotel lost my transfer booking to the airport and the room rates promised by our organizer was not quite accurate. I left in a rather annoyed state due to the mix up which is why I would avoid this hotel in future.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business