Ways to Experience Juyong Pass of Great Wall
from USD 193.07
from USD 198.00
from USD 165.34
2,553 results
All reviews bucket list steep climb souvenir shop highest point coming down take your time watch tower tour group height section fortress wall china handrails climbers parts medal
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Great chance to walk such a famous section of the wall. Our tour got us there early in the day to avoid the crowds which was a very good call.
We climbed the right side...prob as bly the easier but still a challenge given sections at 45 degrees and steps of differing heights.

Well worth it for the view and the experience of being celebrities...lost count of how many photos we had taken with locals.

1  Thank mickf941
Reviewed 1 November 2018

We were so lucky to have great weather and blue skies when visiting - the walk was a lot more difficult than expected, but we could manage a few levels and can now say we have 'walked the wall'. Such a feeling of history, quite humbling. A must if visiting China

1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 30 October 2018

Seeing the Great Wall of China and walking on it has always been a dream. It was the main reason I wanted to go to China. WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED. You could feel the history with every step you took. The portion of the Wall that we visited was so clean and so well kept. There were attendants walking around picking up every piece of garbage, even cigarette butts. The views were spectacular, it didn't matter which direction you looked in.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

We had a beautiful day weatherwise to visit the Great Wall! The walk up was more difficult than I expected, as it was quite steep and the steps were uneven...some very high and others quite short. Easier on the way down! It was totally amazing, though, to be at the Great Wall and to be taking in all that history and beautiful scenery!

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 28 October 2018

I visited this portion of the Great Wall shortly after the China National Day vacation, and was delighted to find it very uncrowded. There are two different directions you could take, and I took the less steep side based on my guide's recommendations. I enjoyed beautiful vistas of the surrounding mountains and valley, and was amazed to be able to see modern Beijing in the distance through the pass. It was a fantastic opportunity to get a bird's eye view of the shape of this portion of the wall and its construction. There was actually a restroom along the way and I can now say I used the restroom at the Great Wall of China!! Thank goodness for modern conveniences. I fully enjoyed my two hour visit. It took me an hour and a half to climb up to nearly the highest point and then a half hour to walk back down. The upward climb was definitely challenging, even on the less steep side, and coming down the extremely narrow and steep steps at the end on tired legs was also challenging. I really felt it in my legs for a few days. But it was worth the views and the history! The carving on the ancient gate down at the base was also incredible. Thank you to China International Travel Service , Mr. Xue as guide and Mr. Liu as driver for a great day!

1  Thank HoosierHoopla