See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2015

I was pleasantly surprised by the size of my room. I was expecting a small room but was provided a largish room with a sofa.
The staff is pleasant and can hadle simple transactions in English (e.g., calling for a taxi but do not ask them about more complicated matters such as good local places to eat or get a massage).
The breakfast is pretty basic and if you don't like Chinese themed food, then you are plumb out of luck!
The bed is hard by western standards.
The shower is great.
The location is pretty good.
There is a spa next door (Taipan) but seems a bit expensive and not terribly popular.
WiFi never worked for me.
Better ask for a non-smoking room (the 5th floor appears to be dedicated for that).

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2015

Modest hotel near Ritan Park, in a very quiet part of town where most embassies located.We've booked for what is near Yabaolu center and Silk market.Nearby there is a metro station (metro number 2)It is a circular line and very easy to navigate and a transfer to other metro.We did not spend much time in the room(just come to sleep),rooms are small, but all you need they have,and the price was ok. In room has a small fridge and electric kettle for coffee .In the price of the room includes breakfast,which in my opinion is very modest and not very yummy.On reception only one of staff spoke English.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2015

The hotel is conveniently located near the Embassy Offices, near almost all necessary services one might require.

Services are adequate, hotel amenities are available. Very limited selection in the breakfast (I chose the package sans breakfast) spread. But being near other restaurants and fast food places would make up for the limited fare.

The washroom is clean; but I had to ask to be relocated because of the smell coming out of the bathroom. The next room still smelled slightly, but acceptable under the circumstances.

Amenities are quite limited; many items one would expect to come with the room actually had to be paid for. Unfortunately, one would only notice that it had to be paid for separately after one rips the packaging - my bad, certainly and I paid the price - but still stretches "responsible" service.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2015

I went to beijing to get a visa, this hotel is very near to all the embassies. This hotel is near to train station, Subway is just outside the hotel. There is wifi although it is not as good as it is, because it is very slow and always cuts out. The receptionist speaks english.
Free breakfast starts at 7am although when you arrive there as early as this time, they will serve you on a choice menu, next day I came in late breakfast was now buffet, food was always scrambled egg, sliced breads, rice, vegeteable, fruits. Coffee is from a vendo machine.
Bed was thin and hard that you will feel the springs in it.
My mistake in that room was forgot to read the list of items in the room, because when I took a shower there was a green plastic bag, I opened it with some shampoo and conditioner in it. You have to pay for it at 10RMB. but there is already a shampoo and foam bath dispenser in it.
overall my experience of that hotel was average.

Room Tip: my room is at 4th floor, but 5th floor are for non-smokers.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 November 2014 via mobile

Firstly let me point out the positives! The location is fantastic! 10 minutes walk to the silk market (one of the main shopping areas). There is also a TGI's and Starbucks on either side and a Häagen Dazs across the road should you want that sort of food. There are great traditional restaurants also within a short walking distance, but remember English is not their first language.

Now then the hotel itself! I would class this place as a S & S hotel (You sleep and shower) Don't expect good service from either the reception staff or housekeeping (who don't speak English but will shout at you in Mandarin).

The hall ways smell like an ashtray and the lift is extremely small (max 2 suitcase limit).

The rooms are very small unless you get a twin bed room, but even then the one bed is pushed up against the window wall.

Be prepared that housekeeping will walk into your room without knocking so.always double lock and put the chain on. Their version of making up the room is to swap your pillows over (putting dirty pillowcased pillows under the clean one if you are lucky enough to have 2 pillows) and changing the towels. They don't wash the cups out if they have been used and as for refilling the complimentary coffee (of which you get 2 sachets) forget about it! When I asked for more coffee I was told "No"!

The heating wasn't working in my room and in the morning the housekeeping woman cam round with 2 engineers to fix it. As I was about to get in the shower I asked if they could come back later. As she couldn't u derating me she proceeded to shout at me in mandarin and barge past me to call down to reception. On speaking with reception I was then shouted at again but this time in English "How long you need?!".

Overall extremely poor hotel and service. The place needs a deep clean, staff training and a miracle from Jesus before it would be up to par.

If you can afford it go somewhere else and just pay the taxi fares to get to where you need to go (taxis are cheap and usually on a meter). Cost was £2 to get the the silk market which is about a 15 - 20 min drive. However be careful when leaving Pearl Market as taxi drivers will either not take you or charge stupid amounts. Negotiate with them otherwise you'll be waiting for ages. We got a return trip for £7 (which in the grand scheme of things isn't bad at all).

Good luck with this hotel if you choose it though!

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends