“Cheapskate”

Starway Sunjoy Hotel
Ranked #3,401 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I booked this hotel for friends visiting me in Beijing. Rooms were small and clean. What bothered me most is that this hotel is penny pinching. I got two rooms, one room for my 3 female friends and one room for a male friend. Since they provide two cups per room, my male friend lent one of his cups to the other room. Upon check out time, the front desk raised a big issue of the cup that was missing in my male friends room. When they checked the other room for the other cup, the third cup was missing since the room was already cleaned for the next check-in guest. But the front desk would not check us out unless we paid for the 15 yuan cup ($2.40). I just paid it since it was not worth our time arguing with a non english speaking front desk. Be prepared to suffer this inconvenience when booking at this budget hotel. You suspect that they just want to rip you off for every little cent they can get from you just like shopping here but that is another story.

Room Tip: Make sure items are complete upon check out.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank hungry12

Reviewed 16 June 2014

If you accept a bit compromise in quality then you can't beat the price/location offer of this hotel. It's a budget place, very small rooms, oldish, basic but clean. Near lots of embassies and quite a few restaurants, a short walk from the subway and not too far from tiananmen.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2014

It locates a bit away from underground, but still within an acceptable walking distance. Newly re-modeled, good in concept, however poor completion in detail. I like the area of dinning room, the big wide windor brings in lights, make the area looks more morden.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I booked this hotel for friends who were coming to visit. It is tucked back behind a building, across from the St Regus and right behind a Starbucks. The room and bathroom were clean. There is a little coffee shop that has a simple Chinese breakfast. Since there is a Starbucks right outside the door, you might want to go there for breakfast.
It is a very quiet hotel and my guests got a good night's sleep.
I suspect they speak on Chinese here, so if you can't speak Chinese, another hotel would be better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank TinChina
Reviewed 18 August 2013

No doubt its located at very prime place but over all service and quality is very poor. Right from reception and service is very below standards of any hotel. Honestly I would not recommend as just to quote an example, I did not have good service when I asked for and unfortunately I had another problem everytime when I go out, when I come back Key will not work and I have to come all the way to reception to correct none to help even to be concern when customer raised us several times.. I would strongly recommend Starway management lookinto this problem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends