“Great resort..very hospitable staff!!”

Mara Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp
Singapore, Singapore
“Great resort..very hospitable staff!!”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I visited Mara Intrepids in Dec2011 with my huaband and 2 year old son. We were amazed by the hospitality of the staff. Our tent was by the side of the river and extremely neat and clean. Food was also simply awesome, with the staff going a extra step to accomodate and get some specially prepared meal for my 2 year old. Also the tents were covered with nets from all the sides. They had even provided a babycot and mosquito net with that, to ensure safety of my kid.

Will definitely visit this resort again during my next visit to Mara.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PoojaPal
BeutifulKenya64, Group Operations Manager at Mara Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Hello,
So glad you came and we are privileged to have been of service.
We hope to see you again soon.
Regards,
The Mara Intrepids Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Turkish first
österreich
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Most friendly team, excellent food, unbelievable gamedrives, saw the big five!!!
The camp is well situated right a the Talek river, you can hear hippos wandering along at night time.
The best ist the morning drive, when the room boy wakes you up with the most pleasant "Jambo, good morning" and brings tea and cookies for your early morning snack!
Overall: it can´t be better

Room Tip: "tent" 12A looks into the river
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for this review. So glad you took time to give us feedback.
God Bless
dallas
Reviewed 9 March 2012

i recently spent a wonderful 3 nights stay at the Intrepids Masai Mara. Because I was a senior citizern travelling alone, I asked for a tent near the reception. I was happy that I was given tent 12 very close to the main area. I wish I could remember everyones name I had the pleasure to meet but Kudos to Grace in reception. Tom in the restaurant and my wonderful driver Michael. This was my 4th trip to Africa and the game drives were the best. Room was great ( visitors be aware that no room key or door ] but alone I felt perfectly safe. Food was amazing. Make sure you get the box breakfast offered at no extra charge and merge the 2 morning game drives. You can go further and see more. My room was great. When the electriicity is off at 12mn, a solar powered light is provided.
I can't think of any way to improve anything. Hope to return with husband one day.
Thanks again to Grace for being so kind and understanding with all my little concerns.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank juliapoate
BeutifulKenya64, GOM at Mara Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for this special input on your stay at the Mara. It will be used to make your future visist even more special.
we are glad you came
Kind Regards,
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Luxurious tented accommodation over looking the Talek River, all mod cons, electricity in all tents ( No power after 12 o'clock at night) but flash lights are available should you need them.

The tents are spacious, with a four poster bed, plenty of storage space, a walk in shower, double hand basins and toilet.

Note from my Wife for the ladies NO hair driers so if you need one take it with you.

Hot drinks brought to your tent when you get your 06:00am wake up call in readiness for the day's Safari.

We would like to thank our driver Samson for a superb Safari we really didn't miss a thing!!! and of course all other staff members for making our stay a memorable one.

Hope to see you all again in the not to distant future.

Gill & Al Rogers Portsmouth UK

Room Tip: As Samburu Intrepids all the tented accommodation is absolutely superb
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank gillal1
Dear Guest,
Thank you for this review. I have just placed an order for Hair Driers to ensure the ladies needs are addressed.
Kind Regards,
Nairobi
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We were back from Mara yesterday. It was a great experience to enjoy such a luxurious but a baby-friendly atmosphere! We, especially my mother visiting Kenya and my baby, really enjoyed their first Mara experience at Intrepid thanks to your dedicated staffs. It was quite raining, so animals were few, but surprisingly, the family tent was completely insulated from insects. And my husband was really impressed by leg-warming experience in the bed, so insisting he wanted to go to bed as soon as coming back from the safari.

Room Tip: i did mail communication with Peter of Heritage Hotel, to ensure that we could get the family tent f...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
BeutifulKenya64, Group Operations Manager at Mara Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Hello Guest,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We all look forward to seeing you again soon.
God Bless