All reviews nairobi hospital superior room front desk staff swimming pool enjoyable stay nice pool rooms are clean wi fi home away from home business security gym workshop kenya meeting clients gate
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Guest Relations Desk,
Yet another disappointment and inhospitable experience was what I can call my last stay at your hotel.

While I may not speak on behalf of other quests, some have actually shared their nasty experiences on Trip Advisor, the attitude of staff at Silver Spring is below all available standards.

Worse of is staff talking about a quest in their native Kikuyu language and laughing off! That is not only disgusting but lack of knowledge why they wake in the morning to go to work.

My stay between 22 and 23 October 2018 was the worst out of the five stays I have had at Silver Spring. In particular on the dinner of 23 October when I was mishandled by a staff who served me the main while I was still having my starter. She physically pushed off my starter plate and replaced it with the main dish plate and walked away saying “enjoy”. This is the same lady who spoke with some other lady in native language and they laughed off! That actually made me stop eating my meal. How do you eat in such circumstances?

On that very dinner, I can recall Cecelia took my order and served me the starter. She served me dinner on 22 October that I enjoyed and actually left my positive comments. She however got held up prompting the other lady to serve me the main; I did not take her name but your cameras can reveal. When I told her they I was still having the starter she told me she had been sent bad pushed of my starter. She did not clear the table; I was forced to continue eating the main with the starter side dish plate left there with chicken wing bones. What is that?

I had earlier in September 2017 complained about the staff attitude but looks like that does not bother you. I travel and stay in other hotels. My experience in those hotels always leave me exceedingly happy. The general attitude of staff at Silver Spring is below all standards; including those men who walk around in dark suits; that is a hotel! By the way there was a watch lady at the entrance who does not know why she was there.

The purpose of this mail is to once again register my disappointment even if you will still get paid on my stay but I can assure you it is not about what you make as money but the future professional progression of those kinds of staff - I wonder where they will end up next.

About other areas- the beds are very uncomfortable! I think it had been said before. The meals are not professionally done despite your three star rating!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Otsola
Reviewed 24 October 2018

My experience was excellent and in particular I liked the hospitality of the staff from the reception, Business centre and the restraurant. They are amazing and friendly. The rooms are good, spacious and with everything set for your use except an iron and iron board. This made my stay hectic as most of my clothes needed ironing.

Room tip: Rooms under floor 2 are classic, not too artificial or modern.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2018

The room we booked for the family was better than our expectation.
Employees were very helpful and professional.
Breakfast had a large choice and excellent and comparable with any other good hotels of Nairobi.
Cleanliness and service was really appreciable.
Lost items in the premises were immediately found with the office.
Will definitely come back again.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Great hotel, just no noise insulation against noisy guests, breakfast and friendly staff brilliant - The room service forgot our drinks order but quickly ran down and got them. We ordered medium rare meat but sadly it was well done and tough. Perhaps a language barrier thing? otherwise great friendly clean and safe -

Room tip: the higher the rooms the noisier but the service is great
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Very nice welcome at the reception, quick check-in. Service at the buffet and quality of food/beverages was high, even the guards were very supportive. Nice set-up of the room and proper service like wake-up call. The hotel is located centrally, Nairobi's highlights can be reached easily, same as the YaYa-Centre, one of the malls in Nairobi. I have enjoyed my entire stay at Silver Springs Hotel, which can be considered as an oases in the city. A job well done.

Room tip: Rooms towards the pool are quiet.
Date of stay: September 2018