“tasty Thai food right in front of DustiD2 Hotel. Just a few few steps from the Lobby. No need to go out of the complex”
Review of SOKO

SOKO
Ranked #47 of 743 Restaurants in Nairobi
Price range: USD 20 - USD 60
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 'SOKO,' meaning market in Swahili, focuses on using the finest organic ingredients and seasonally inspired produce to offer an exciting interpretation of classic dishes with a touch of progressive gastronomy. The daylight-flooded, restaurant with its cutting edge design, warm amber tones, private dining roundel and sublime terrace is the perfect venue for an upscale business lunch, a get together of a romantic dinner for two. The end result is an international and eclectic menu in an equally striking setting.
Reviewed 8 August 2018

This restaurant is located right across from the front lobby of the DusitD2 Hotel. So no need to look for transportation. Excellent food, friendly staff. Clean atmosphere. The place closes by 10PM.

MMetaxas, General Manager at SOKO, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We want to thank you for your nice and positive review.
It is really motivating noticing your feedback and it keeps us more focused to keep our property on that level.
All SOKO team joins me to thank you for such review and we are really looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Very best regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I needed a quick and light lunch and ordered mushroom soup and a ceasar salad. Both were simply delicious!

The service was wanting, though - after seating myself because the host station was left unmanned, it took a while before I caught a server's attention and asked if there was any chance I could get a menu. Thereafter, though she was great, having realised the unfortunate lapse in service.

On paying my bill, however, a different server brought me my bill and I asked him for the PDQ, which he brought. He took my Barclaycard, keyed in the charge, handed me back the PDQ to key in my PIN. And only after we completed the transaction, he told me they had a 10% discount offer on Barclaycard, but that it was too late to use it since I had already paid. Folks, do better.

MMetaxas, General Manager at SOKO, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about SOKO restaurant, highlighting certain aspects which were of concern during your recent visit with us.

We truly apologize we failed to provide the service that we are well known for.
Please rest assured that your comments have not gone unnoticed and that, where possible, relevant action will be taken.

Our primary objective is to enhance our standards as regards to quality and service, offering the maximum in comfort to all our esteemed guests.

Thank you and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

The variety is good. Really liked the lettuce wraps and mushroom buttons. Wish the starter portions were bigger. The mains size was really good though

Chris M, General Manager at SOKO, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your valued feedback. At SOKO, it is our top priority to provide a delightful experience to our guests. Your kind words will definitely encourage and motivate us as we strive towards doing so. We really enjoyed hosting you. Thank you very much and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

You shouldn't go there if you haven't enough time. May be 45 minutes since order to have the dinner.

And after 10 minutes order, they said "oh, sorry, fish is not more available".

The food is good, but is not for business.

Chris M, General Manager at SOKO, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Alvaro,

Thank you for your review .

I am delighted to read that you were happy with your food.. It is truly disappointing that you felt the experience was let down by the lack of service, for this, I am sincerely sorry. Rest assured I have shared your review with our Food and Bervarage Manager, who is following up with his team.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to SOKO in the near future. Should you plan a return visit, please reach out to me directly so I can personally tend to your reservation.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Situated just over two miles north-west of Nairobi’s city centre, this modern hotel is closely surrounded by office blocks and curiously accessed along a secure and circuitous driveway. Joining friends for an evening meal in the Soko Restaurant, friendly greetings were extended from security and hotel staff as we walked through the main entrance and into the clean, warm, well-lit and spacious restaurant where we were met by a staff member and offered seating indoors or outside on the adjoining terrace: accepting the latter, we were shown to a table close to one of several very efficient gas heaters, most welcome since the evening temperature was slowly subsiding. Our waiter, Charles, soon approached with a warm greeting and handed each of us the wide ranging menu: he was smart, personable and made us feel both wanted and appreciated (and we hadn’t even ordered anything yet!). He clearly and calmly explained the menu choices, his knowledge and enthusiasm for the meals most encouraging. Leaving us to select while he attended to our drinks request, the environment was peaceful, relaxing and quite seductive with low lighting under a black sky. No mosquitoes appeared during our stay! Returning with our drinks, he confirmed that we were ready to order and, then, took our choices making sure that each request and our preferences were accurately recorded. We did not have to wait long for our food to be delivered. It was clear that, whilst Charles was busy attending to several guests simultaneously, his calm and confident manner made us feel as though we were the only ones present. The food was well prepared, tasty and reasonably priced for a 5* hotel. During our main course, he returned to ensure that we were satisfied and, when all of us had finished, he quickly re-appeared and removed our plates. Dessert and coffee followed suit. It was a most pleasurable evening, not least of which was due to the friendly staff and Charles in particular.

MMetaxas, General Manager at SOKO, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Dusit D2NA, Thank you for taking the time to share your review from your recent stay with us. We firmly believe that our amazing staff members are our most important asset and your genuine praise of Charles only serves to solidify this belief. It was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest and we are humbled by your great review which makes the hospitality industry so rewarding to those of us who take great pride in creating indelible memories for our guests.