See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 January 2017

I stayed at the Olive Gardens Hotel for two nights in January 2017, as I had to attend meetings at a venue not far from the hotel.

The name 'Olive Gardens' is grossly misleading, as the only garden/outside facilities the hotel offers are the narrow parking area on the Argwings Kodhek Road side, and a small patio with some chairs and tables at the back. Did not spot one single olive tree.

The pictures provided by the management may have been taken in better times. Although the bar area is neat and clean, the actual restaurant is a dark, almost depressing, area. Did not invite me to have dinner there ...

I booked a 'Deluxe' room for Ksh 8,500/night, incl. breakfast. What I got was a small room and a small bathroom, with a view over the small parking lot, almost like a prison. Had myself upgraded to an upstairs 'Executive' room at Ksh 10,000/night. Spacious yes, desk yes, but with furniture and TV dating back to the 80s.

Warning: don't take a room at the Argwings Kodhek Road side of the hotel, as the noise of traffic, day and night, drives you nuts.

Internet connection was ok, staff was friendly, but all in all no value for money.

I think the hotel, or at least the bar area, is a hang out place for students from the Daystar University, which is situated just around the corner, as they appeared to make up some 90% of the day time clientele. From what I saw, not many other guests around.

Not going back again.

Room tip: Take a room at the back, as the traffic noise, day and night, from the front side Argwings Kodhek Road, drives you nuts.
Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 19 July 2016

I was directed here for a business program and upon arrival was amazed by the staff friendliness right from the reception desk. Loved the ambience of the place theme color.Being a business meeting loved the setup arrangement and all.Forefront was the staff politeness and etiquette.And the service was incredibly awesome.Staff were ready to offer a helping hand when called upon.

Date of stay: July 2016
1  Thank Roy A
Reviewed 10 June 2016

I went to this hotel because I was invited there to be part of a workshop. My room was filthy, corridors somber and dirty. Internet connection free, but poor and unreliable. Buffet food mediocre to poor. Good fruit juices.
At check in I noted the room I was assigned had no desk. I was offered a room as filthy as the first one, with a desk with no power socket. Hence to work on my computer I had to install a flying power cable across the room.
Doors have electronic keys. The one of my room was broken and I for a normal key for it. The occupant in the room in front of mine could not get into his room, probably because the lock failed to open. Noise went on until 1 AM as housekeeping was trying to open the door.

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed 12 April 2016

I spent 3 nights here in a very small room that was sparsely appointed. It was very average, but a good location for what I had to do. The staff were helpful. Breakfast buffet was OK, but restaurant was very slow in the evening.

Room tip: interior to the courtyard, you don't want street side. very noisy.
Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed 2 March 2016

I went to inquire what prices they had and ask if I could meet their management staff. The lady at the reception there first did not greet us and then asked "what do you want?" in a demeaning tone.The whole experience was not hospitable left a horrible impression. I could not bring myself to explore the rest of the hotel and would not recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: March 2016