“Gorgeous Property”
Review of House of Waine

House of Waine
Ranked #21 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I thought my room (Pwani) was beautiful and the bed extremely comfortable. I was surprised by the size of the room (it was very large) and I loved the veranda. The room was much nicer than the photographs on the website. The bathroom was also very nice and well appointed – flowers next to the sink was a nice touch. I liked my well-stocked “mini bar” – milk, tea, etc.

Meals were very good and the service was great. Arriving as late as I did, it was so nice to have them send up a tray to my room. Also, the neighborhood (Karen) is really really nice and convenient to a lot of attractions like Karen Blixen house and Sheldrick Wildlife Refuge.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 October 2017

The staff at House of Waine were very warm and welcoming, the lodge is inviting and the main areas are relaxed & comfortable. I enjoyed hearing the night sounds of the garden coming through the terrace windows as dusk fell, the sounds of the city are blocked out by the lush gardens. I loved my room, it was spacious and had a lovely large bathroom. The food was top notch and we had a great time exploring the sights with a guide arranged by the lodge. Our time at House of Waine was short, next time I will be sure to stay at least 2 nights!

Room Tip: The Malaika Suite is worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

It's serene and offers traquility in the surburbs of Karen. It's beautiful with great service and nice food, if one is lookimg to get away without leaving town. I would highly recommend it.

Ideal for a romantic gateway.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017

A quiet oasis in a bustling city, we enjoyed the rooms and the dining here very much after two dusty weeks on safari. Excellent fresh food. The first place in Africa that knew how to cook a steak rare! Loved the lemon pasta. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank merry1192017
Reviewed 6 October 2017

We had the pleasure of spending three nights at the House of Waine in June. The Manor is warm and inviting. We stayed in a lovely suite with French doors that opened a veranda. The area is very quiet so we could hear the different animals in the area.The staff was superb! Kind, friendly, thoughtful and so very helpful. All the meals were superb. Karen is such an interesting area with so much history. Must see Karen Blixen Museum and the Kazuri Bead factory. The beads are beautiful and the ladies working here walk miles to and from work. Everyone at the factory was gracious and proud of their work. If you are needing salon services, I recommend Karen Salon. Wanted to have nails done and was referred to the Karen Salon by manager at House of Waine. Ended up having not only my nails but also my hair. I have been to many salons, but my experience at Karen Salon was by far the best I ever had. Wonderful leg, foot, head and shoulders massages! We are so privileged to write that we stayed at the House of Waine in beautiful Karen at the foot of the Ngong Hills. Wishing you all peace and happiness.

Room Tip: We enjoyed having a veranda off our room.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple