“Simple coffee shop”

Muhibbah
Ranked #487 of 743 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 10 December 2014

Decent breakfast spread...the outdoor part was very good for meetings...overall a pretty good place to meet people over coffee

Reviewed 5 December 2014 via mobile

Have visited 3 or 4 times in the last 2 months. While the ambience and food is exactly what to expect (food sufficiently spicy, ambience relaxed, comfortable and enjoyable) the service is a bit hit and miss. Also, if ordering jasmine rice, be aware they will serve you plain boiled rice and claim that is the way it should be...! That aside, it won't stop me coming back for more of that delicious 'chilli hit' that you require from a Thai restaurant.

Reviewed 20 September 2014

I've dined at Muhibbah in the past and enjoyed it, but it's been at least 6-8 months since the last time I ate there until recently.

Sadly, the kitchen has taken a nosedive during that time. The food, even basic pad thai, was inedible. The spices used were not Thai, and the food was overly-garlicky. The appetizer was super deep fried and not at all matching the menu description.

We tasted our entrees but couldn't eat them, and we didn't even make it through the appetizer. For a hotel of Sankara's reputation, this restaurant no longer belongs. Perhaps they could get a chef with serious Thai experience in to shape things up. I've been to Thailand several times and I know my Thai food, this is not remotely in the realm of Thai, in fact, the meal I had was the worst Thai meal I've ever had.

The staff was okay, but largely ignored us once they dropped our meal at our table until we tried to get the check and they noticed we barely had touched our food. No apologies, but they did remove the entrees from our bill. I can't remember the last time I've been out and had that happen.

For Thai in Nairobi, I will continue to head to Thai Chi at The Stanley hotel downtown and will skip Muhibbah until I hear things have shaped up. What an enormous disappointment.

1  Thank NomadGrrrl
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This restaurat is set in a relatively quiet corner of the hotel, ideal for couples and dinner dates. The staff were excellent and the reserved table for 2 was just right in front of the open kitchen, which I liked. The decor and ambiance is quite something to write home about.There's an extensive wine list and the sommelier tends to guests very well, making recommendations for wine that suited our palates and went beautifully with the food. However, the starter I ordered (Thai fishcake) was quite bland, and as expected, the duck rolls ran out (this was something I was told happened often). The main course was alright but I expected more from such a lovely restaurant. Good experience overall, would definitely return but not order the same items from the menu. I'd highly recommend this restaurant for couples but not for a large group (unless reservations are made) as the setting is quite small.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Had dinner at the Thai restaurant. Worst thai food i have had. On the menu items with gluten were listed but then it was realised that all these were misprints. Anyway the chef said we could order the drumsticks. We paid for bloody fried chicken which was not of 5 star quality what so ever. The whole menu was a total misconception for anyone with celiacs, you can never really be sure whether its safe to eat. Complained to the Manager on duty who clearly did not give two hoots. Ate at the continental restaurant a few weeks ago, bumped into my friend on the way out and we both concluded that we ate a shoe tonight ie. the steak. Very disappointed!! Not worth it at all. Very Crappy unconsiderate management.

1  Thank Ashi D