“Total relaxation.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

“Total relaxation.”
Reviewed 28 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018
people found this review helpful

Just back from a 12 night stay at this beautiful property
Booked a mountain view apartment...which was clean, extremely comfortable and ludicrously spacious !..especially just for myself.!
Fully equipped kitchen, large comfortable lounge and large bathroom with very hot powerful shower and bath.
As a solo traveller I hired a bike and travelled almost everywhere on that,but families groups or couples would probably benefit from hiring a driver for half or full days tour from the property,which
can be booked via the property before or after arrival.
Nearest shops for food essentials approx 15 minute walk..but taxi needed for restaurants and ferry..unless your feeling eneritic...30 / 35 walk approx.
The pool kept clean at all times...and with daytime temperatures peaking at 42- 46c? was an absolute Godsend !!
That also applies to air con in bedrooms !!...ceiling fan in lounge.
I was looked after superbly by Ragab,who was a pleasure to talk to, and a friendly and helpful guy without being intrusive.
Beautiful surrounding area, but with goats, donkeys and dogs in the immediate locale. .could for short burst get noisy. ..a bit of local colour !!
I had a thoroughly enjoyable,peaceful and relaxing stay at Home Sweet Home..visiting the sights (on both sides of river ) at my leisure, and chilling around the pool when not, catching up on some much needed relaxation,reading,and much snoozing on a lounger under an umbrella ..when it wasn't too hot! !
All communications via email with Margreet the owner were prompt and detailed.
I will be back !!
HIGHLY recommended.
One tiny tiny comment to.make on the negative..the pillows are hard !!

Waterwond...
Greater London, United Kingdom
“One of the best holidays I've had”
Reviewed 22 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

Okay so what can I say about "Home sweet Home"!!! I hope that I can do justice to my experience and the professionalism, kindness and outright joy I experienced throught. Firstly the place is lovely, i love light and the rooms are bathed in it. No tiny little pigeon windows here. It has such a cosy feel and is clean and homely. Wonderful views of the Theban hills on one side and gorgeous Egyptian farmland on the other.

That balcony...no really that balcony.

From the pick up at the airport to being dropped off back I have nothing but a bunch of wonderful memories.
Everything was provided for, from help to getting food at the corner shop to a complete change of cooker!!!! My host could not have been more accomodating and helpful and I want to make special mention of him.
Listening and observing is a great skill not everyone has but Ahmed my host is blessed with this. To truly see who a person is and open them up to different experiences that would suit them in particular is what made my holiday truly great.

There are many things that I just would not have known were in Luxor if it wasn't for the great conversations I had with Ahmed. From my foot dipping in the Nile while zooming up the Nile on the dahabeeya. To the wonderful artists village. All prices were up front so no nasty surprises and Ahmed got me some great discounts on others.

To be honest Ahmed went above and beyond his remit and I am deeply greatful for everything he did for me.

There is a wonderful personal touch here that was more than appreciated. If you want a great illuminating trip to Luxor I would absolutely advise Home sweet Home...just not when I want to go.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The decor, adn the service.
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
22 Feb 2016
Dear Waterwonder2016,
Thank you again for staying at Home Sweet Home Luxor Apartments . It was lovely to accommodate you. And thank you so much for your wonderful review. We appreciate it very much. We succeeded to make you feel at home and gave you a great experience and that's all we wish for.
We are looking forward to see you again someday.
Best wishes,
All employees of Home Sweet Home Luxor Apartments
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing