“Absolutely Delicious ”
Review of Nour El Gourna

Nour El Gourna
Ranked #55 of 160 Restaurants in Luxor
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My tour guide brought me here after visiting the Valley of the Queens. It’s off the road and looks a little tucked away - but the staff are so welcoming and the food was simply delicious!!! Everything came hot, fresh and fast. I chose the chicken option which was so tender and juicy.

It was soo good that we came back the next day and I had the lamb - the menu changes on a rotation and I had all new selection this time that was equally as good.

The prices were incredibly reasonable (roughly EGP140.00 for 3 courses and a soft drink) for the quality you get. There was a steady flow of guests, but it wasn’t crowded and service was brilliant. They also have decent WiFi you can log into for free.

I highly recommend here for amazing local food and hospitality!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

We had lunch at a local spot called Nour el Gourna for a cost of 210 LE. The food was okay, but I stated to the driver when he ordered for us, we only want something small to eat, not a large meal which is what we had. The meal came out and it had three large pieces of chicken, a rice dish, potato type stew, vegetables and bread. It was too much food, especially with all the walking to the attractions in the heat.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

We went there with our guide in between visits and thoroughly enjoyed the food. Nice tables under trees. Very good

Reviewed 5 March 2016

I've eaten here a number of times over a few years and the quality is always fantastic, esp for non-meat eaters, although they have plenty of meat options. Fresh bread and freshly made dishes never disappoint.The management and waiters are wonderful, the toilet clean, the setting in a grove of trees at the crossroads across the way from the ticket office for the Tombs of the Nobles

Reviewed 2 November 2014

I go to this lovely restaurant every time I visit Luxor. I did my usual routine, rented a bike on the West Bank at Mohammed Setohe shop, reliable and helpful as always, biked to the Medineh habu temple – it’s an easy road, large, flat, with lots of flowers.
After the temple visit, it’s such a pleasure to sit in the shady and airy garden of the Nour el Gourna. They offer a fixed menu, with a salad, starters, Egyptian rice and cooked vegetables, choice of duck, kofta or chicken and fruits. Food is very tasty, delicious baba ganoush and vegetables from the garden with a lot of fresh herbs – I had the duck which was delicious and tasty– They don’t serve alcohol, so we tried their fresh lemon juice: not to be missed, a blessing in the heat.
It’s a family affair, with an easy and welcoming feeling – The tablecloth may have seen better days, but sensitive stomachs do not worry, you’re safe here. I recommend the place warmly.