All reviews west bank pools nile kings valley egypt tourists felucca gardeners karnak revolution corniche
Reviewed 6 May 2018

This hotel had its glory days back when tourists flocked to Egypt. Now two thirds of it are closed but the service is excellent, the room we booked on the internet had twin beds and there was no trouble changing to a double bed room (and bonus, a huge terrasse). The rooms do need upgrading but without customers, why bother. The pool was very clean and towels readily available. The staff in general was friendly and helpful, we got really good massages. The italian restaurant was pretty good and they only had us two as customers. The breakfast buffet was generous although we were never more than 5 customers at once. We met our driver for the next few days in front of the hotel (Assan with a british flag in his taxi window) a most honest man who took us around for a fair price. The only unpleasant episode was the felucca man at the back of the hotel who tried to sell us a sail for 5000 LE even if the price on the corniche is at most 200 LE. He said it was a joke but we know he really took us for fools.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SylvanoT
Reviewed 3 May 2018

This hotel has become filthy miserable and needs a facelift...I use it for pool in summer time times. Pool is large and beautiful but filthy. Had some idiot boat driver mouthing off to me by the river, and he wouldn't shut up last summer, he needs sacking. Was a great hotel pr revolution,, now shame but needs looking at ..Reception friendly and nice,, beer at the bar is ice cold,, but again just grim

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I have just returned from this hotel,after a very pleasant stay.The hotel staff are very attentive,and professional in everything they do.The hotel has many great facilities,pool,squash,and good restaurants with bar.The rooms are very spacious,clean,and house keeping do a great job daily.I strongly recommend this excellent hotel,you will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I have to say first that the staff are very helpful & friendly trying there best to help, but the towels colors & bed linen & cover are grayish!! Bed is uncomfortable the mattress is awful , pillows are may be 100 years old , cleanliness is really bad, I tried to push myself to stay but really couldn’t have a shower and use the towels
I tried one meal -couldn’t continue it-
I know it has been closed for a while
I think it’s better to be closed for renovation & getting a better cleaning company or staff
It’s location is very good but what I saw was heartbreaking
The rates are low & the quality of everything in the room is low too
Couldn’t manage to sleep there & changed to another hotel

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank rashaf2015
Reviewed 29 December 2017

We had stayed in this hotel in the past but this time was not the same in many aspects, ambiance, the food choices and quality in the hotel, and overall upkeep of the hotel. Hopefully the economy will turn the tide in the future, but the hotel needs to upgrade and rethink their past popularity and service. Most of the staff were friendly, and helpful, however the response time was slower. Overpriced for the services provided.

Room tip: Recommend a Nile view room, if for nothing else than the beautiful sunset- priceless!
Date of stay: August 2017