2,184 results
All reviews lebanese restaurant courtyard room nightly entertainment central courtyard pool area excellent hotel west bank city view large balcony guest relations plenty of sunbeds horse and carriage taxi driver egyptian pounds every evening watch the sunset winter palace
Reviewed 11 February 2010

Just returned from a week in Luxor staying at the 5* Nile Palace Hotel and it really is 5*. Service excellent, staff friendly and helpful all the time. Good selection of resturants in the hotel - Italian, Thai, Lebanese. Poole facilities overlooking the Nile has great views of the West Bank. Make sure you go up on the roof to get the best sunset photos of the Nile. This is a good location as you can walk to Luxor Temple and Luxor Museum. A fabulous hotel - will be going back asap!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BarmbyTwo
Reviewed 10 February 2010

I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone planning a trip to Luxor.
The service was excellent and the staff were very professional and friendly.
Although there can be a little bit of hassle on the streets outside and you just need to get past this, take it with a pinch of salt and enjoy the people and the wonders of Egypt.
The hotel room was really nice and quite spacious and was also cleaned every day.
I think this was a great location to explore sights and there were also several really nice restaurants in the area. El Kakabgy,Jewel of the nile and Snobs to name a few.
In the hotel there are several restaurants we tried all of them and they were also great but a bit pricier than those outside.
Our room faced the nile and it is worth paying that little bit more to be able to watch the sunset from your room as it was amazing. We felt completely chilled out after our holiday and would love to go back to Luxor and this hotel.
The trips arranged through the hotel can be a bit pricey although we did decide to go to Cairo
with Thomson to play safe. All our other trips were arranged with a local taxi driver just outside the hotel. His name is Kaled and he took us to The Valley of the Kings, Medina Habu,Luxor Temple and Museum and also Karnak Temple.If we needed to go short distances this wasn't a problem either.The price of all journeys was extremely cheap and he was a really nice man. Ask any of the taxi drivers outside if you are thinking of booking trips and they will phone him for you or point you in his direction.
To the left of the hotel as you go outside is a small shop and a young man named Mohammed works there he is also really helpful and will try and assist you where he can,boat trips, sights etc. We still get texts from him and both him and Kaled helped to make our holiday a memorable one.
We found that quite a few guests in the hotel were intimidated by the hassle on the street and they would tend not to venture out too often but once the locals get used to your face they seem to leave you alone. If the hassle gets a bit too much just completely ignore them and they get the message but whatever you do don't let this spoil your holiday as luxor is a great place to visit.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simone71_10
Reviewed 6 February 2010

On Jan 22/2010, we stayed one night in this unique 5 star Hotel. Check in was quick & very friendly.This hotel has a courtyard with some of the rooms with balconies looking down .The courtyard is surrounded by several restaurants including a fabulous Lebanese one..We ate a lunch here -yummy! At 8.00 p.m. they had Egyptian dancers ,music etc.

If you want to enjoy the view of the Nile,there are couple restaurants where you can enjoy a nice drink & watch the sunset.Oh yes, the room was a suite,immaculately clean with two bathrooms.
Stay here if you want 5 Star - room cost 92 Euros.

Easy to go around the city on horse & carriage.Paid only 25 EGP for 2 hours.
Make sure you specify EGYPTIAN POUNDS & NOT BRITISH POUNDS,before you get onto the carriage.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2010

First class hotel with great food and excellent service.

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank Raymondocanuck
Reviewed 2 February 2010

This was my fourth visit to Luxor but the first stay at the Nile Palace having previously stayed at the OWP & the Sonesta. I loved the hotel, staff were efficient, helpful and not in your face. Guest relations were very helpful and reception was prompt and efficient. There are lots of places to sit & read that are surprisingly quiet, the bar near the Thai restaurant was a welcome relief and the barmen were terrific.
Breakfast buffet at the Nubian restaurant was very good, with lots of variety and foods were replenished often. Hot dishes - beans, sausages, hamburger, turkey bacon, potatoes, tomatoes , fuul, salad etc fruits, yoghurt, cereals, great bread selection rolls/croissants/danishes, nice juice and good tea or coffee. I like the ambience in the restaurant and also eating outside on the terrace.
Internet was expensive at the hotel 35LE per half hour or 55LE per hour and I found an outside internet cafe "Margreeta" on Madina St (5-10 minute walk from the hotel) for 5LE per hour.
I had a corner courtyard room, very comfortable and I was not that bothered by the noise from the free show in the evenings, although one night it was loud and I was glad when it was over. My balcony was large and semi private (only one balcony on one side) it was a great place to watch the free show at night and I had a birds eye view. I did however hear the call to prayer from the mosque up the road a couple of mornings but that was ok by me as I wanted to get up early. The bathroom had a good sized bathtub, vanity and everything was kept clean and tidy.
I tried the Thai restaurant - Bua Khao which was very quiet, I was the only guest for dinner for over half an hour - lovely peaceful restaurant with good food, not too pricey, staff were very efficient and not hovering about all the time. The restaurant bought free samples of spring rolls around the pool during the day for guests to try and they were very tasty. I also tried the Lebanese - El Tarboush once, delicious food and a huge portion.
I did not have a problem getting a sunbed if I went early but like other places people put their towels out before 9am opening and don't actually use the bed till hours later. The pool area is not that big for the size of the hotel and I felt cramped at times by the number of sunbeds but there were always enough beds, mostly those in the shade.
Loved the views from the rooftop and there are a few sunbeds up there for the sun worshippers which were always empty.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo