We stayed a week here, and it was very comfortable. This is an older hotel, but it has aged gracefully. The bed was good, some of the furniture a bit dated and worn, but rooms are very clean, large, comfy. The staff was amazingly helpful and friendly. We used the guide desk to book tours locally, and were happy with their services. The restaurants and breakfast buffet all offered variety, good vegetarian options, and the food was excellent. Our only criticism (other than aggressive hawkers outside the hotel - which is clearly not the hotel's fault) was the wifi - we paid for wifi in the room and cannot recommend it. The paid wifi was so poor as to be unusable (45 minutes to load a page). To be fair, the wifi issue is an Egypt issue rather than an issue with this hotel specifically. Upon investigation, Egypt's internet infrastructure is poor, and the hotel was doing the best it could with the limitations of the system and the burdens placed on it by burgeoning tourism. Other than the internet, we were really happy with this hotel and had a good experience there. We booked through Agoda, and the hotel offered reasonable prices, but did not include the 12% service charges. You will get charged extra for everything. But I think this is how Egypt works. One thing about the 12% service charge is that it apparently goes in part to the staff, but it is not included on the Agoda pricing.
One other tip - there is a taxi driver out front named Mr. Fish who seems to run all the taxis in front of that hotel (all one big family) - but I have to stress he is not on hotel staff or associated with the hotel. He was pretty straight with us, and we booked a trip to Dendara Temple through him. He also got us to the airport. If you stay there, look for Mr. Fish if you need cab services. Make sure you negotiate a solid price before getting in a cab (ask the hotel what are the average prices for a cab to various sites).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Our Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel, It is a 5 stars hotel has a unique location amidst relics of a 7000-years-old civilization, in the heart of Luxor, only 1.5 Km. From the temple of Luxor and 10 Km. From Luxor Airport. Guests can enjoy a marvelous view of the mighty Nile in addition to the cliffs of the Theban Mountains on the western bank where the valley of kings and Queens lie. The hotel offers a variety of service and facilities, 11 conferences and break out rooms that can host up to 2000 participants, among other things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Hotel Luxor
- Nile Palace Luxor
- Luxor Steigenberger Nile Palace
- Le Meridien Luxor
- Nile Palace Hotel Luxor