2,183 results
All reviews lebanese restaurant courtyard room nightly entertainment central courtyard pool area excellent hotel west bank city view large balcony guest relations plenty of sunbeds horse and carriage taxi driver egyptian pounds every evening watch the sunset winter palace
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Stayed 2 weeks in October for the 10th time , all the staff are great as usual but what we also like is the design-architecture of the hotel all the rooms have a good outlook be it the patio or Nile facing rooms it,s been the only hotel in Luxor we stay in for many years . Special thanks to Mr Hesham the resident manager who kindly took time to visit my wife during a overnight stay in hospital

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank woody845
Steigenberger, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Woody845,

Warm greetings from the Steigenberger Nile Palace Team and thank you very much for rewarding us with such a great score. Thank you also for your appreciation for the classic design. On behalf of the entire team and especially Mr Hesham, I would like to express the relief we felt when your wife recovered so you could enjoy the rest of your vacation. We hope you are already making plans for next year; please don't hesitate to contact us in case of questions or requests.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a few nights as part of a tour. The hotel was nice. The room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. We found the only place for lunch was the pool restaurant or an expensive buffet. The food was good at the pool restaurant but the service was quite slow. We loved the pool. The water was cold when you got in but you warmed up. Staff at the pool were really helpful. The breakfast included was nice. There were lots of choices. They have a policy that if you take anything with you they will charge you. That was a new one for us. We sat on the patio for breakfast and fed the skinny cats. The only real downside of the hotel was the slow to non existent wifi. It was awful. You could pay $250 Egyptian pounds more for the three of us to use the upgraded wifi for one day. We decided that was way too high. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay. The staff were nice and the hotel is conveniently located

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Steigenberger, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear DotsGirl2,

Warm greetings from the Steigenberger Nile Palace Team and thank you for staying with us during your Luxor visit. We are pleased that you enjoyed the food in the Nile Side Casa di Napoli and/or Pool Side Tropicana Bar. Another lunch option, would be the Cafe de Delices on the patio or the Nile Lounge Bar where the guests can enjoy the lunch menu at the Nile Terrace. I am sorry that the internet service was not satisfactory. Our free WiFi is available in the public areas, while there is a small fee (not $250) for WiFi in the room.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be able to join us for another lovely vacation.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We had a suite that looked over the Nile and the sunset was spectacular. Dinner was in their Italian restaurant that they have moved to by the pool. The food and service were excellent. We were 3 couples who stayed one night and there were no issues. Because we had an early start the next morning they provided us with generous boxed breakfasts. The front desk and manager who assisted us were friendly, helpful and professional.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lactancia
Steigenberger, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Lactancia,

Warm greetings from the Steigenberger Nile palace Team and thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your Luxor stay. We hope you enjoyed it so much, that you will be back for a longer vacation in Luxor and of course we would be more than happy to have you as our guest again. Maybe next time, you will spend an evening in our Lebanese Restaurant 'El Tarboush' or try the beautiful buffet in 'Nubia'.
We are delighted that we made such an excellent impression.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I stayed at the Steigenberger Nile palace for eleven days. I just booked a standard room, bed and breakfast.
Previously I have had patio view rooms which I liked and I was expecting just a city view room for the price I paid, which was about $43 AUD a night B & B.
So I was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to Room #115 which had both a side Nile view and a view over the pool.
I loved the location in the back part of the hotel (Nubian), the room was very quiet, it had a walk in robe, tea and coffee facilities and was larger than a patio view room.
The first floor was very convenient for breakfast, restaurants, shops, bar and pool. There is no balcony but I didn't miss it and was very pleased with the room, I will request that one in future.
Check in was easy and fast, reception were always helpful and housekeeping were so attentive. I loved the two doormen in the Nubian part of the hotel they were always happy and helpful.
A special mention to Ash, Osama and Ahmed by the pool, they were so kind to me and made my stay just that much better. The pool is excellent, so clean and well maintained.
Another big thank you to Mohamed in the shop opposite the Nubian restaurant, he made me tea nearly every day/night, he was the best company and I have to come back just to visit him. His prices for dresses, bags etc were also very affordable and no sales pressure.
Food and beverage prices were affordable in the hotel considering the drop in the pound. The Italian restaurant was delicious, big portions!
A few other prices - 25 LE large water, 40 LE Lemon with mint drink, 30 LE soft drink, 80 LE Stella beer.
Pool snacks were also delicious, try the summer rolls 120 LE or the Calamari 115 LE.
The staff in every area of the hotel were good, nobody let the team down.
The breakfast buffet is served between 6 and 10.30 am, it was very good, there is something for everyone and it was all very fresh.
I won't bother staying anywhere else in future as the Steigenberger has it all.
I also stayed at the Steigenberger Cecil in Alexandria and the service there was also exceptional.
I look forward to visiting the Nile Palace again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
5  Thank Nefertari

Dear Nefertari,

Warm greetings from the Steigenberger Nile Palace Team and thank you very much for this wonderful review. We were very happy to have you as our guest and we are delighted to hear that you are already planning your next visit. Please don't hesitate to contact us in case of questions or requests; it will be our pleasure to be of service.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We were here for three nights and enjoyed every minute of it. The place is awesome. Feels like home as the staff here makes every bit of effort to make you happy.
Room was large and has a lovely view of river Nile. The small balcony made us enjoy it evening tea even more.
Clean toilets, tea/coffeemaker and small fridge is all one can ask for in a room that was offered to us in a steal price.
The chef at the restaurant made changes in our pizza toppings as we requested and it’s an awesome feeling to enjoy your Drinks and food when you have river Nile flowing by your side.
In short....if in Luxor this is one of the best places to be.
Enjoy.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bhagat-Ashok
Steigenberger, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear bhagat-Ashok,

Warm greetings from the Steigenberger Nile Palace Team and thank you very much for this awesome review. We hope you have enjoyed the rest of your Egyptian tour as much as you have enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your warm words of appreciation for the new 'Casa di Napoli' at the Nile Shore. Our Chefs are always available to discuss a special request and I am very happy that they succeeded in meeting your expectations.
We hope you will be able to visit us again soon for a longer Luxor vacation.