2,180 results
All reviews lebanese restaurant courtyard room nightly entertainment central courtyard pool area excellent hotel west bank city view large balcony guest relations plenty of sunbeds horse and carriage taxi driver egyptian pounds every evening watch the sunset winter palace
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I stayed at the Steigenberger Nile palace for eleven days. I just booked a standard room, bed and breakfast.
Previously I have had patio view rooms which I liked and I was expecting just a city view room for the price I paid, which was about $43 AUD a night B & B.
So I was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to Room #115 which had both a side Nile view and a view over the pool.
I loved the location in the back part of the hotel (Nubian), the room was very quiet, it had a walk in robe, tea and coffee facilities and was larger than a patio view room.
The first floor was very convenient for breakfast, restaurants, shops, bar and pool. There is no balcony but I didn't miss it and was very pleased with the room, I will request that one in future.
Check in was easy and fast, reception were always helpful and housekeeping were so attentive. I loved the two doormen in the Nubian part of the hotel they were always happy and helpful.
A special mention to Ash, Osama and Ahmed by the pool, they were so kind to me and made my stay just that much better. The pool is excellent, so clean and well maintained.
Another big thank you to Mohamed in the shop opposite the Nubian restaurant, he made me tea nearly every day/night, he was the best company and I have to come back just to visit him. His prices for dresses, bags etc were also very affordable and no sales pressure.
Food and beverage prices were affordable in the hotel considering the drop in the pound. The Italian restaurant was delicious, big portions!
A few other prices - 25 LE large water, 40 LE Lemon with mint drink, 30 LE soft drink, 80 LE Stella beer.
Pool snacks were also delicious, try the summer rolls 120 LE or the Calamari 115 LE.
The staff in every area of the hotel were good, nobody let the team down.
The breakfast buffet is served between 6 and 10.30 am, it was very good, there is something for everyone and it was all very fresh.
I won't bother staying anywhere else in future as the Steigenberger has it all.
I also stayed at the Steigenberger Cecil in Alexandria and the service there was also exceptional.
I look forward to visiting the Nile Palace again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
5  Thank Nefertari
Steigenberger, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Nefertari,

Warm greetings from the Steigenberger Nile Palace Team and thank you very much for this wonderful review. We were very happy to have you as our guest and we are delighted to hear that you are already planning your next visit. Please don't hesitate to contact us in case of questions or requests; it will be our pleasure to be of service.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We were here for three nights and enjoyed every minute of it. The place is awesome. Feels like home as the staff here makes every bit of effort to make you happy.
Room was large and has a lovely view of river Nile. The small balcony made us enjoy it evening tea even more.
Clean toilets, tea/coffeemaker and small fridge is all one can ask for in a room that was offered to us in a steal price.
The chef at the restaurant made changes in our pizza toppings as we requested and it’s an awesome feeling to enjoy your Drinks and food when you have river Nile flowing by your side.
In short....if in Luxor this is one of the best places to be.
Enjoy.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bhagat-Ashok
Steigenberger, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear bhagat-Ashok,

Warm greetings from the Steigenberger Nile Palace Team and thank you very much for this awesome review. We hope you have enjoyed the rest of your Egyptian tour as much as you have enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your warm words of appreciation for the new 'Casa di Napoli' at the Nile Shore. Our Chefs are always available to discuss a special request and I am very happy that they succeeded in meeting your expectations.
We hope you will be able to visit us again soon for a longer Luxor vacation.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Having been to Egypt twice a year for the past 14 years, we decided to change hotels and booked into the Steigenberger Nile place for the first time.

On arrival we were greeted by the reception staff and assisted to book in. We were then escorted to our room and our luggage delivered directly to us.

The room was excellent and well positioned with a full view of the River Nile.
The facilities in the hotel were good including the pool area and the choice of restaurants.

The hotel staff were very attentive and the food was excellent with a very good choice from the breakfast bar, the Italian restaurant served an excellent meal and service was first class.

like visits to any hotel we had a few teething problems but these were addressed by the team in a very timely manner.

Nothing was to much trouble and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here at the Nile Palace.

We would recommend this hotel to any one and suggest you make this your hotel of choice for your stay in Luxor .

Room Tip: Nile view rooms are very quiet and over look the pool area
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dalimo
Steigenberger, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear dalimo,

Warm greetings from the Steigenberger Nile Palace Team and thank you for choosing our hotel for your Luxor vacation. We are delighted that we could contribute to a memorable holiday and we are very happy that you have enjoyed all of our facilities. We thank you for your wonderful recommendation and we hope we will be seeing you again soon for your next Egypt Getaway.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

I can not understand,five stars hotel but services introduced one star only,five stars hotel and wi fi internet with charge how come,house keeping very poor service,mini bars not working......etc.for me l hate hearing that I'll goto event in this hotel not only in luxur but also in it's other branches.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Mahmoud M
Steigenberger, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear Mahmoud M,

Warm greetings from the Steigenberger Nile Palace Team and thank you for your comments. We are sorry you did not contact our ever present Management team or Guest Relation to solve the problems. Your comments have been forwarded to the Management and we are investigating the matter and cordially invite you to contact us.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

A truly amazing hotel. Staff were patient and helpful and the food magnificent in both taste and variety. Decor is a sight to behold and created the 'surreal' atmosphere that we expect when holidaying in a different country. It will be difficult to look elsewhere when we return.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Steigenberger, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Andy H,

Warm greetings from the Steigenberger Nile Palace team and thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your Luxor visit. We are delighted that you enjoyed the kitchens of 'Nubia' Buffet restaurant, Lebanese 'El Tarboush' and Italian 'Casa di Napoli'. We hope you will be able to visit us again soon, for another amazing vacation.