2,180 results
All reviews lebanese restaurant courtyard room nightly entertainment central courtyard pool area excellent hotel west bank city view large balcony guest relations plenty of sunbeds horse and carriage taxi driver egyptian pounds every evening watch the sunset winter palace
Reviewed 11 October 2017

My first visit to Luxor so I had no expectations but what a great hotel this is and value for money. It is very clean and the staff are so pleasant. So many stand out but I have to mention Mohamed (he makes be best drinks), Ahmed from the main restaurant. We had a very pleasant room on the upper floors looking directly out to the Nile, wonderful in the early morning and at night. The facilities overall are very good and there is a choice of restaurants. I like the Italian and the Lebanese restaurants particularly. The hotel was very quiet whilst we were there and Luxor a little hot for Europeans but I would love to go back in the cooler months. The Guest Relations Manager is very welcoming and will do anything she can to ensure a pleasant memorable stay. I hesitated over the 5 stars because the internet service is not good enough, the free service offered only works well in one or two areas, the paid service is adequate but I am used to hotels offering free wifi throughout the hotel, however, I will add that Egypt is not the best place in the world for internet services - far from it. There is a business centre with 24 hour access - that is impressive. Maybe because it was quiet, sometimes the staff attention was too much especially from one staff member at breakfast times but 99% of staff were great. I found this to be a very relaxing stay. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Carolepj
Steigenberger, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Carolepj,

Warm greetings from the Steigenberger Nile Palace Team and thank you very much for your beautiful review. We are delighted to know that we have exceeded your expectations. Thank you as well for your warm words of appreciation concerning the staff. We are sorry if the internet speed was not sufficient but this is an issue that we are working very hard on. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will be able to visit us again, maybe between October or April, when it is a bit cooler.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

The city is amazing ,it feels like you moved back in time for the pharaohs era .
The hotel is in a nice place with very nice panorama on the river nile ,surrounded with many other hotels as well.
Very Nice breakfast buffet.
Rooms are nice and big with nice balconies.
I was there for business but I can tell that the hotel is good option for tourism.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Steigenberger, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear amrmallah,

Warm greetings from the Steigenberger Nile Palace Team and thank you very much for staying with us during your business trip. We are very happy that you enjoyed the Nile view, something to enjoy from room balconies, breakfast terrace, pool or Nile Lounge Bar Terrace. We hope you will be able to come to Luxor for a well deserved vacation and enjoy the amazing city and all the facilities of our hotel.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Once again my stay at this hotel was great, although it was quiet the service was still of the highest quality, from check in to check out it was the best. All the staff are great, special mention to Mohammed door, always on hand for help and information, all the breakfast restaurant staff and Ahmed or room boy, who did a fantastic job cleaning our room every day.
Nice to have Ameena in reception for any problems .

Room Tip: Garden or nile view great, I prefer city view
Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank dottie502

Dear Dottie502,

Warm greetings from the Steigenberger Nile Palace Team, especially from Mr Mohamed and Mr Ahmed, who asked me to thank you for your kind words of appreciation. It has been an absolute pleasure having you as our guest once again and we are already looking forward to your next visit. Please don't hesitate to contact us in case of questions or requests.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The hotel is a refreshing change from the norm and they show around right up to your room. I will say that the restaurants were great in value and quality.
The downfall is the mattresses are dead! they could not change but did put extra padding at my suggestion(that did the trick some what
The dusting and cleaning, thou the room was clean on arrival it was not great during the stay. internet, mine did not work nowhere and we purchased a card to get messages on my birthday
Otherwise such a beautiful place and nice staff (we will returned hopefully the mattresses would be upgraded and thank you for my birthday cake

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Pam B,

Warm greetings from the Steigenberger Nile Palace Team and thank you very much for celebrating your birthday with us. We are sorry to hear that the mattresses did not meet your expectations. Your comments concerning the mattresses and the room were forwarded to the management team in order to prevent future comments. We are happy you enjoyed the restaurants and we hope you will be able to come back next year to celebrate another birthday. Maybe we can arrange to present the cake after dinner or during a Felluca-tea-time-trip.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

This is a well placed bright and lovely hotel right in the heart of the city center of Luxor. Situated on the bank of the river Nile. The entrance is grand with lovely decor and bright chandelier. We received a very warm welcome by the front desk team. And a welcome drink a very nice touch.

This is a nicely laid out hotel with a good restaurants and lovely bars and excellent pool. It is a good efficient Hotel if you had an issue let the wonderful staff at guest relations know and it will be resolved, especially with the superb Staff there. I had no issues but I just know that this would be the case if you did. They all speak at least English, Arabic and Dutch and are all charming.
The Nile view room is superb. An ambient temperature is kept by very good air conditioning, the rooms are very clean and well kept by an very efficient house keeping, with the rooms made up brilliantly everyday. The curtains in the room are block out, so a sleep in is possible, the amenities amongst the very best, with a stocked mini bar, but space for your own things if need be. I enjoyed my stay very much and the restaurants for dinner were delightful. The breakfast room is on the lower ground floor it has a good selection. All sorts of hot foods and good variety of eggs, with superb chefs to cook you your eggs however you desire, tomatoes, mushrooms and much much more. Cold foods, meats, cheeses, yogurts, fresh fruits and good large variety of pastries along with juices and teas and coffees. The service is quick and efficient. They top up your drinks and are ever present to ensure you have the perfect breakfast.
There’s a large indoor restaurant area but in the mornings it’s perfect to sit outside relax and watch the Nile flow by. After you can decide to go poolside where there even more great service, a good menu and bar. At the end of the day you could take a sunset cruise on a falouka which can be all organized with guest relations or the Concierge or you can spend some time relaxing in the brilliant spa on level six from a Hammam to different variety of massages and skin treatments it’s all on offer and at very reasonable prices.
I had a lovely stay here and it’s a good hotel with some lovely staff which makes all the difference.

Room Tip: Nile view is best
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank AmbassadorBas
Steigenberger, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear VangeInternational,

Warm greetings from the Steigenberger Nile Palace Team and thank you very much for your lovely review. Our Executive Chef highly appreciates your comments about our 'Nubia'-Buffet restaurant and thanks you as well for your wonderful review on the TripAdvisor page of our Lebanese restaurant 'El-Tarboush'. We are delighted to know that you had such a lovely stay and we hope you will be able to visit us again soon.