Just returned from a 10 day trip to the Nile. Fantastic holiday arranged with Thomas Cook Signature. Everything went smoothly from Start to finish. Met at the airport and taxi transfer to our boat the Ra 11. Yes the cabins look a little tired but cleaned twice a day, the food was great, always a good choice and the staff were very friendly. Omar, our guide was outstanding. He bonded our group together and really brought all of the history alive for us. We had some really fun evenings playing Egyptian bingo and the Egyptian night where everyone dressed up was great. I cried when I had to say goodbye to Omar and feel that we were very fortunate to have met such a lovely person. We were picked up at midday for our transfer to the Nile Palace, and couldn't believe it when we were sent off with sandwiches for our lunch, how lovely.
Taxi transfer again to the Nile Palace. This was a beautiful hotel with fantastic views over The Nile. Our room was really comfortable and the whole hotel was exceptionally clean. We booked half board but I think if we go again we would probably just do bed and breakfast because there are some great restaurants close to the hotel. We had lunch at Maxime which was all cooked from scratch and two drinks for £7 for us both.
Afternoon tea at the Winter Palace is a must and we went by horse and carriage. Be careful though, because although we had agreed the price before we went, the guy hastled us to give the same again for the horse!
All in all a magical holiday and really hope to return and we would certainly do the same itinerary again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Our Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel, It is a 5 stars hotel has a unique location amidst relics of a 7000-years-old civilization, in the heart of Luxor, only 1.5 Km. From the temple of Luxor and 10 Km. From Luxor Airport. Guests can enjoy a marvelous view of the mighty Nile in addition to the cliffs of the Theban Mountains on the western bank where the valley of kings and Queens lie. The hotel offers a variety of service and facilities, 11 conferences and break out rooms that can host up to 2000 participants, among other things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Hotel Luxor
- Nile Palace Luxor
- Luxor Steigenberger Nile Palace
- Le Meridien Luxor
- Nile Palace Hotel Luxor