2,183 results
All reviews lebanese restaurant courtyard room nightly entertainment central courtyard pool area excellent hotel west bank city view large balcony guest relations plenty of sunbeds horse and carriage taxi driver egyptian pounds every evening watch the sunset winter palace
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Rooms were good, not anything real special, I wouldn't say anything bad about them. However the hotel is very nice as a whole. The location was good and we enjoyed that. Sitting on the patio watching the boats float by was a great evening.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We have visited this hotel twice now, and it is great! the rooms are immaculate, and the staff are very helpful.
The italian and lebonese restaurants are great, and I couldnt fault the food. My partner can be fussy at times but they accommodated his wishes every time!
The thai restaurant is meant to be fantastic, but we didnt eat there.
The pool area is fantastic, the staff will bring drinks to your lounger, and the pool guys are so helpful!
All in all, a fantastic holiday and we will be going back again at some point.
PS- Dont be afraid to go out and explore Luxor, there is a lot of hassle, but if you just say no very firmly ('la' in arabic), they will give up! It is a great place with lots of great restaurants and shops to explore!

Room Tip: upgrade to a nile view room, it is definately worth it! If you travel as a family (we did the first time), if you email the hotel, they will give interconnecting rooms, very useful!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2012

friendly staff, nice big room, nice bathrooms, good Nile view, we enjoyed the Lebanese restaurant and the dinner show, they have an ATM, bank and shopping, nice sitting area by fountain and fellucas on the Nile all at the hotel. Nice to take a caleche downtown Karnak is amazing.

Room Tip: Nile view upper floor
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stayed here for two nights in May, 2011. I know that has been a while, and I apologize for the tardiness of my review. The hotel itself was very nice, got a fantastic deal here on the room rate. Great view of the Nile from the room.

And here is a great tip... for dinner, there is a fantastic little restaurant a few blocks walking distance called CASTELLO. I hope I spelled that correctly. It is worth finding, though, trust me! Amazing place! Some Italian fare, wood-fired pizzas, and some traditional foods as well. The owner could not have been more welcoming. I would have gone there more than once if I had found it earlier.

My only complaint, I was very upset with the hotel management's efforts to keep their guests from purchasing food or drink outside and bringing it inside. I drink a lot of water. And in Egypt, I was just a little thirstier than normal, being in the desert and all. I found a great little grocery store a couple blocks from the Steigenberger, and purchased several large bottles of water there. I planned to take them back to my room to drink there, and also to take with me the next couple days of sightseeing. Was majorly annoyed when I was stopped at the front door and told I could not bring the water in with me! It was perfectly fine, safety sealed, etc. They say it is for the safety of their guests. I say it is to keep the guests' money in the hotel. The prices of water in the hotel were ridiculous compared to what the grocery store offered. I am a budget traveler. After arguing with the man at the front desk, and it took a while, he finally relented and offered to let me take ONE bottle of water to my room at a time, and they would keep the other bottles locked up for me. I argued a little longer, and they finally let me take it all with me. I am usually a very amiable person, but this really made me angry. That is really my only issue with the hotel. As I said earlier, got a great deal on the room, and it was comfortable/clean, nice view.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Idnas71
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The hotel offers outstanding quality for a reasonable price. Staff is very helpful and friendly. On arrival, we found that the room had a rather bad smell, we were given a different room straightaway, with many apologies from the reception desk.

You should pay the extra for a room with a Nile view, the view on the Westbank with the Valley of Kings and the temple of Hatsjepsut is unforgettable.

Many fellucas (traditional sailing boats) have their landing stage in front of the hotel, thereby avoiding a concentration of docked cruiseships, which often spoil the view from other hotels on this stretch.

Breakfast and dinner buffets are very good and there's a cook preparing your special request should there be a need. The food was impeccable, probably one of the few places in Egypt where one can trust the raw vegetables.

Nice, spacious rooms and good housekeeping.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful and very competent. We regret that with the decreasing number of tourists some of them may lose their job...

Room Tip: Try to get a room with Nile view, at least a room with a side-view.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple