1,184 results
All reviews indian restaurant la mamma nile view bungalow room west bank reception area hotel is great pool staff travel agent building work taxi driver karnak temple sunset hassle valley kings egypt
Reviewed 4 January 2016

Smooth check-in. We were given Nile view rooms simply by asking, probably due to low occupancy. Well appointed rooms and super comfy bed! View over Nile is tranquil and serene. Glad to be slightly out of the chaos of downtown. Nile pool is beautiful but ingested, good for sunning. Kids swam in the heated bungalow pool. Took cabs for half of what hotel charges by walking one minute to front gate. Breakfast buffet is large with omelette bar, pastries and Egyptian fare.

Date of stay: December 2015
nahla_youssef, Front Office Manager at ACHTI Resort Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2016

First we would like to thank you for your recent visit for our Achtiresort-Luxor, and for writing such a beautiful review through our TripAdvisors site.

It is just great having the possibility to provide for clients like you who have made Achtiresort-Luxor their 2nd home in Upper Egypt and so not only support the hotel and the team but Egypt over all by being fantastic Ambassadors for this wonderful country and loving people!

Hope to see you soon
Nahla Youssef

Reviewed 3 January 2016

I recently completed a three night stay at the Sheraton Luxor Resort (now Achti Resort as of 1 Jan 2016). Perhaps I stayed at the hotel at a poor time, during its transition from a Sheraton. However, I had a stay filled with service errors and a poor product that was disappointing.

ROOM
I stayed in Room 208, a Nile view room. Besides the great view, the room had few other redeeming qualities. For example, the mattress was lumpy and made it difficult to get a good night's rest. Moreover, the provided toiletries were a knock-off of what I've come to expect from a Sheraton hotel. Noise isolation from other rooms was good; noise isolation from the hallway was only okay.

SERVICE
To be blunt, the service I received was bad and filled with multiple miscues.

(1) Food / Room Service: One morning, I had an early tour of Luxor and requested the night before to have a lunch box prepared by 5:45 am. Unfortunately, the box wasn't ready until 6:15 am, delaying the start of the day. On another occasion, I ordered a plate and drink from room service. However, the delivery only had the plate. The manager did attempt to make this up with a complimentary breakfast, an appreciated gesture.

(2) Check Out: Upon checkout, the hotel has included a donation to UNICEF without my permission. As a regular guest of Sheraton hotels, I know that UNICEF donations are a common practice, but on a voluntary basis. Moreover, the hotel had initially overcharged my card but thankfully caught the mistake before departure.

LOCATION
The hotel is located at the southern end of Luxor. Travel to West Bank sites will most likely require the use of a taxi. Hard bargaining should yield a price of 5 - 10 Egyptian Pounds to Luxor Temple. A KFC and small convenience stores are a quick walk from the front gate of the hotel.

CLUB LOUNGE
The only redeeming part of my stay. The club lounge staffed by wonderful attendants who made it a point to make guests feel like a welcome guest. In the evening, guests are basically allowed to have complimentary dinner off the room service menu along with drinks.

WIFI
As an Starwood Preferred Guest, WiFi access is complimentary. Unfortunately, the hotel is stingy with it's WiFi. I was provided with an access code for the internet that was only good for 24 hours and one device at a time. Therefore, I had to get a new WiFi code from the front desk every day, a minor inconvenience. Unfortunately, the WiFi is awful and slow.

OVERALL
I wish I had more positives to say about this stay. Unfortunately, on a 12 day holiday across Egypt, the Sheraton had by far the worst experience during the trip and most disappointing hotel stay during 2015. Again, I don't know if this was a by-product of the hotel leaving the Sheraton brand, but I was quite happy to leave the hotel and move over to a much better competitor in Luxor.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank keanech
Reviewed 2 January 2016

The hotel is well appointed and smart. I stayed here for four nights and had a mixed experience.
The Good:
The Italian restaurant is very good. The Indian one is superb, one of the best I've ever been to.
The poolside snack menu is also very appetising with reasonably good service (by Egyptian standards).
The rooms are a good size and well maintained by courteous staff.
The Bad:
The wifi was hit and miss.
Service in the bar was terrible. I got wet crisps, a martini made with sweet vermouth and had to wait 20 minutes for it.
I stayed in the poolside bungalows which were incredibly noisy.
Most of the guests seemed to be Egyptian families with about ten children each, who were left to roam wild until late at night. At 5 am the loudspeaker outside my room started with the 'call to prayer'. So I got very little sleep.

Room tip: You should probably try to stay on the top floor of the main building rather than the bungalows unless you are holidaying with kids.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2016

Chk in Experience is awesome , staff is very friendly and helpful. Hotel is clean and up to date. Nile view from hotel is the best. breakfast buffet with Nile view is memorable. The only bad thing was that the lobby smells like smoke, otherwise it is one of the best hotels to go to in Luxor.

Room tip: Get hotels near the pool
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
nahlyou, Front Office Manager at ACHTI Resort Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2016

Many thanks for having your recent visit at Achtiresort-Luxor,and sharing your experience through TripAdvisors site.
I am particularly happy about your positivecomments regarding our location and services.
Regarding the lobby smells,we'll put it in our consideration to be always the best in Luxor.

Hope to see you again soon
nahla youssef

Reviewed 28 December 2015

We spent 2 nights in the Sheraton on a recent visit to Egypt and cannot rave enough about the wonderful service we received. Several of the other luxury hotels on our trip had disappointed and it was such a relief to step into such a friendly atmosphere. The rooms are well equipped with gorgeous views over the Nile. The staff are helpful and friendly and the hotel facilities are fantastic. There are several restaurants to choose from, a nice bar on the river, an ATM and some small shops just outside and WiFi in the main Area.

Thank you Sheraton for a glorious stay!

P.S - Luxor is a truly remarkable place to visit, the temples and tombs really will blow you away, but it was all made so much better by our Outstanding Egyptologist Guide Mohammed (mohamedrehim@hotmail.com). His knowledge is outstanding and we had an experience we will never forget.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Looking forward to welcome you back soon
Nahla Youssef