Free cancellation until 28/07
Free cancellation until 03/08
USD 67
USD 45
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 51/night.

USD 54
Free cancellation until 04/08
USD 32
USD 18
1,324 results
All reviewswinter palaceroyal barhistoric hotelroyal suiteold palaceagatha christieking faroukgrand staircasehoward cartersteeped in historyla cornichegarden viewjacket and tiecorniche restaurantpavilion wingswimming poolgardens are beautiful
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I’ve never experienced such genuine hospitality like the one the employees of Winter Palace demonstrate. Even with a toddler, all the employees went out of their way to make sure we are comfortable and taken care of. I highly recommend to stay at the Winter Palace.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank amyshary
SHAWERSelim, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear valued Guest,
Thank you for your interest in Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor and we are delighted hosting you with us. We are indeed very pleased on the way you describe your luxury experience at the Hotel and such commendable remarks makes us extremely proud of the kind of service we cater to our discerning Guests. Thank you so much for your valuable recommendation. Thank you again for sharing your Luxury experience, and we hope your next visit will as pleasant as previous one. Warm Regards,
Selim SHAWER

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Obviously one of the nicest hotels in Luxor, a historic icon dating more than a century. The entrance stairs give this touch of "old time" that i love which can be found also everywhere in the building, although it needs a bit of renovation. Old pieces of furnitures, vases, etc... that gives style to this place. Travellers arriving at check in get a welcome drink. The rooms are of good size, so are the bath rooms. The breakfast buffet is large and includes international and local dishes all very good. We had the opportunity to book massage in the hotel, which were great although there is no spa, but just two rooms equipped for massage. The bar is very nice and cosy. The garden is very pleasant, so is the swimming pool. Once again, the hotel should go for a renovation to give it back it spendor.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lukefr965
SHAWERSelim, General Manager at Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

It gives us a great pleasure to know that your stay was an enjoyable one, I am also happy to inform you that the hotel will be renovated in the near future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Luxor Winter Palace.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Just returned from another stay in the lovely Winter Palace. The staff are wonderful, and exceptionally helpful, the rooms are clean and bright, and the overall ambience is just peaceful. The hotel is a little tired in places and would benefit from a bit of a refurb but it doesnt affect the hotel itself.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank DIANE R

Dear valued guest,

It was a great pleasure to welcome you back to Sofitel Luxor Winter Palace, I also want to seize this opportunity to thank you for writing this review.

We are proud to see that you have enjoyed your stay, I will share your kind comments with the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights in a King room with garden view. From the moment you arrive at the very impressive building the service is amazing. All staff are only to eager to assist, but without bothering you which was amazing.

The hotel is in very good condition and the gardens are breathtaking! I asked to see a Nile view room, but the garden was far better as the road is in front with noise being much higher. You are smack in the middle of everything and within a 10min walk to numerous coffee shops and restaurants.

My room was spacious with a comfortable bed, high ceiling and clean bathroom with all needed amenities. There was a small balcony where I sat every night and admired the garden lights. Everyday when I got back I found a different flower in my room + bathroom which was a nice touch.

Breakfast was delicious! Everything was homemade with the yoghurts and cheeses being particularly good! After the first day staff welcomed me as I arrived and sat me in different areas to admire the view from various windows.

Every afternoon after site seeing I would go to the pool to cool down. The water was crystal clear and you were given 2 huge and fluffy towels to use. Waiters were also on hand for food and drinks orders - I ate the lamb which was delicious and ordered beers every time.

There is no business center - but reception has a tablet you can use free of charge. WiFi is also free and a good speed.

This incredible Hotel and its staff truly made my time in Luxor a special one!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Duncan S

Dear Valued guest,

It was a great pleasure welcoming you to Sofitel Luxor Winter Palace.

Please allow me to thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review, It makes me proud to see that you have enjoyed the stay, breakfast dinner and service. I will share your comments with the team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I just wanna move in and never leave...
The staff is wonderful and extremely happy to help with any of your needs. Felt extremely welcome and at ease in a large suite with balcony and viewy of the Nile. Although we didn’t get the room at first, the manager made sure we were moved to the room we booked online immediately. Breakfast is excellent and dinner or lunch by the beautiful pool is a wonderful place to unwind. Best place to stay and be treated like royalty! Security is good and location perfect to Luxor Palace and by water ferry to cross Nile.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank David G
SHAWERSelim, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
It was our pleasure having the chance to host you with us. I would like to thank you most sincerely for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay with others guests’ on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know you fully enjoyed the historical charm of the great Old palace where lots of the presidents and celebrities have stayed in which was built in 1886. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments, as it truly serves as a motivational factor in striving to achieve excellence, we are glad to know that you liked your suite and the view of the Nile also the breakfast , lunch and dinner , thank you very much for your valuable recommendation and we hope that on your future visits to Luxor, The Sofitel Winter Palace will be your destination again as we look forward to welcoming you back. Warm Regards, , Selim SHAWER Hotel Manager