Lowest prices for your stay
USD 64
USD 36
eDreamsUSD 64
Destinia.comUSD 48
Agoda.comUSD 64
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2017

The Horizon Shahrazad is in a good location overlooking the Nile River with easy access to restaurants, taxis, the Egyptian Musuem, etc. Some of the front office staff can be very rigid at times. Opt for the river facing rooms as the view from the rooms facing the other side is not good.

Room tip: River Facing Rooms are better
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank travelnkg
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

The hotel has the perfect location in Cairo. My room had a impressive view to the Nile.
The room was big a clean only the bathroom had small problems.
Breakfast in the hotel is fine maybe I was missing fruits but was ok.
The best thing in the hotel is the staff, really friendly specially innahu ( Mohamed Araafa) but all of them are really wonderful.
Slowly slowly are renovating the hotel so when is totally renovated will be fantastic.

If you are planing to visit Cairo I really recommend Shahrazad hotel

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Suitable for families good location in front of Nile river it's rate is overpricing ........
Online booking rate 55$( totally for one night with all tax and breakfast) but in real its rate ( one night with tax and breakfast is 45$) that's if you book the hotel by Egyptian agent.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank KhalidA3463
Reviewed 28 November 2016

We made reservations and they completely ignored our attempts to contact them by phone, email, and their website. Eventually we gave up and stayed elsewhere. Do what we did- stay elsewhere. There are many other hotels in that vicinity.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
9  Thank Simon J
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I rarely leave negative feedback. It's an old ran down hotel that needs a lot of cleaning. The carpet floor inside the room is dusty, moldy, and cigarette ashes everywhere. I had to wear my boots in the room because the no slippers were provided. No complimentary water inside the room either. The bathroom was equally dirty and even pubic hairs were on the toilet seat. Might not have been cleaned after the last guest. I thought this was only my room but my friends' rooms were equally dirty as well.

And they call themselves 4 stars hotel. I know that I get what I pay for in most cases but I didn't get what I paid for in this hotel. So we checked out of the hotel after one night even though we paid for several nights in advance.

Date of stay: November 2016