“Good property, not so good staff.”

Grand Pyramids Hotel
Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in Giza
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good property, not so good staff.”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Well, I´ve been there for only one night as part of my tour thru Cairo and Giza.
The hotel was offered by the Memphis Tours Egypt (loved them!) and my only night there was good despite the front desk woman that was servicing me and my guide when I arrived was terrible and slow and didn´t tell me about the internet that is paid and when I was at the room another front desk member called me to go back there because that (stupid) lady made a copy of my US Visa, not my photo page of my passport. (doesn´t she knows the difference between a photo page of a passport and a US Visa??? c´mon...)
The room it quite good, very big, comfortable bed, clean and big bathroom with tube, cable tv, balcony and fully carpeted, except the bathroom.
Have in mind that smoking is allowed everywhere in Egypt so, if you are a non-smoker, be sure to ask for a non-smoking roon when checking-in.
I haven´t tried the room service and restaurant for lunch or dinner, just for the breakfast that conveniently starts at 6AM. The options are fantastic, thousands of known and unknown stuff and everything fresh and on the right temperature. At the restaurant I had my 2nd bad experience with staff once I was with my big bag, the waiter at the entrance saw me coming in, waited to me to have a seat to tell me that my bag should be kept outside the door at the corridor. (Why didn´t he tell me that when saw me coming?) and he said that in a very unpolite way. Stupid!
The pool is amazing but I didn´t have time to try it.
Also a smoking area besides the pool is a very warm and beautiful environment to spend some time.
I didn´t cross the hotel gates by myself anytime, the world outside the gate is like a war zone, I was really afraid, unfortunately Egypt is feeling hard the price of the political crisis and every penny is welcome but the city is forgotten. Sometimes I felt was inside the Resident Evil game city Silent Hill. Sad but true.
Anyway, good property for short staying periods, you´ll easily find best options in best neighborhoods if you´re traveling for honeymoon or a romantic getaway or travelling with your family.
For me, as a solo, no big complains.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
mumbai
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I stayed at the grand Pyramids hotel for three days in the first week of Feb 2012. This was booked for me by Memphis tours. The first impression of the hotel is that it needs a face lift. But the rooms were spacious and not like the match box size ones we see in Europe. There were two twin beds which are very comfortable...a sitting area....ample clean towels..decent sized bathroom...hot water and temp control in the room. The TV has only 5-6 channels most airing arabic programmes. The Internet connection was a rip off though. LE (Egyptian pound) 30 for half hr, LE 50 for 1hr and LE 100 for a whole day!
There are 3 restaurants in the hotel...one which serves buffet breakfast and meals, an Italian restaurant and a bar housed in a Bedouin style tent on the lawns. The buffet breakfast though huge (that comes with the room) was repetitive...same menu all three days. The italian restaurant had a limited menu but the food was tasty and reasonably priced though the service was tardy. But since the hotel is in an area with not much around, you are obliged to eat your dinner in the hotel since i was advised not to venture out on my own at night since i was a female traveling solo .
But overall, I had a comfortable stay...the ppl were extremely courteous and helpful. Not too bad considering that after a long day of sight seeing all one wants is a hot meal and shower and a comfortable bed!

Room Tip: I was initially given a small room with one small window with no view. On request it was changed for...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Fife
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night on a tour to Cairo/Giza from Sharm el Sheikh. The hotel itself is very nice to look at, the rooms were very clean and we had a view of the Pyramids from the balcony. The hotel was quite cold and the heating in the roon didnt seem to work properly. We had dinner at the hotel and the food was awful. It was cold and unedible and the staff were less than friendly - a stark contrast to the treatment we received in Sharm. If I was visiting Cairo again I wouldnt use this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This time i decided to spend the week end vacation inside cairo instead of traveling outside to Sharm or Sukhna, beside it is the mid year vacation.
This hotel is considered as a good in town resort, rooms are clean and comfort, service is excelent, food is very good.
me and my kids enjoyed very much with the indoor heated pool with a good relaxation massage.
Thanks to all staff who did thier best to let us satisfied.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tarooo B
Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed 5 February 2012

my family and 2 other families stayed for 2 nights at this hotel on a half board basis, excellent price, rooms were very clean with a nice LCD screen , mini bar and working safe, the staff were all very cooperative especially Miss Ghada at the reception, who located us in very comfortable rooms everyone as he wished. breakfast buffet was very good, contained a wide assortment of cheeses, Egyptian fool, omlette bar, different types of eggs, the pastry chef has to be saluted, there is an open pool we didnt use as the weather was a bit cold and a heated closed one in the spa area, dinner buffet was good, with at least one type of beef one type chjcken and one type of fish plus a variety of side dishes and salads, they also offered a singer at the dinner time and on the second night we stayed at the bedwian tent to enjoy a good voiced singer, too close to the pyramids and sphinx also close to 6 october city were we went to dream park.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family