All reviewslibrary baraura restaurantseasons restaurantnile riverlebanese restaurantrooms are spaciousbeautiful hotelperfect stayroom servicean oasisbreakfast buffetluxury hotelpool sideegyptian museumtour guidepyramid viewzoo
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

The wc in the mall dirty and need maintenance it is not just comment I like 4 season that's why I want to know because this one of the best hotel companies in the world so if you just care about cleanliness and maintenance will be okay

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
MElKeiy, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate it!

Sorry to learn about this unfortunate incident, we have notified The Mall management on the issue and they are currently undergoing an investigation on the situation. However if you ever need anything, please feel free to email The Mall Marketing Manager personally through her email: menna.mansour@fahr-eg.com.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

One story explains it all - My wife likes the room to be very dark at night. She spends time each night finding ways to block the light on the TV, the light on the thermostat, etc., with books, towels, and so on. Usually, in the AM we undo all this before we leave for the day. Here one day we forgot. That afternoon, maintenance came by and put black tape on every light source in the room. We did NOT ask for this - their housekeeper was smart enough to notice and figure out what my wife was doing and their team was on the ball enough to care. It is a silly little thing, but it shows what really caring for the customer is about.

Others have written about the fact the rooms are a bit dated, etc., so no need to repeat that. They are. But the rooms are very clean, the bedding is extremely comfortable. The bathrooms are spacious and luxurious. The building is very well looked after - it's just ready for some new room furniture. Considering the tourism challenges in Cairo since 2011 and what has to be a lack of $$ to reinvest, they are doing a fine job.

That said, what was best here was the staff. So attentive and so eager to welcome you to Egypt, to look after your needs, and to provide great service with a smile. Kudos especially to Maged at Aura - try his bellini and you will not be disappointed. Zaid at the concierge desk took great care of us, as did a woman whose name escapes me (begins with an M?). Practically everyone referred to us by name after our first 24 hours. The outside cabana at Aura on the 4th floor is a wonderful place to unwind after a long day of tourism.

I really encourage you to give this place a try - they are working very hard to do a great job and I can't imagine any expressed need or concern NOT being immediately taken care of for you.

2  Thank Nate B
MElKeiy, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear Nate,

Thank you so much for your review!

So glad to learn that our wonderful team was able to assist you throughout your stay. We are in the process of renovating our rooms and suites, however we will make sure to update your hotel profile upon your next visit to us.

We can't wait to welcome you back to Cairo! See you soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Everything about our stay at the Four Seasons was top-notch; from minute we walked in the door until we left at midnight we were cared for. Upon arrival we were greeted with cold hibiscus tea and seated while we waited for our guide to finish the check-in process. The room was breathtaking and better than I could expect, especially the bathroom facilities. Our bags arrived shortly after we did, as did an attendant to ensure we knew all the room had to offer.

My favorite place was our cabana down by the pool, where we enjoyed excellent food, superb service, and exceptional shisha. The hospitality of the staff is impeccable. Additionally, it was the only place in Egypt with operational Wi-Fi. This hotel is so excellent you'll want to give the connection a rest anyway.

2  Thank Marniesp
Reviewed 19 May 2018

Our tour director recommended the Four Seasons at First Residence and he was spot on. The service from check in to check out was fabulous. The newly renovated rooms were up to the lofty Four Seasons standards. The breakfast buffet and Aura Restaurant's food was delicious. Sitting in a private cabana by the pool enjoying cold hibiscus juice, eating delicious Lebanese food, and smoking good shisha can't be beat.

2  Thank Russell R
Reviewed 16 May 2018

I paid for and reserved a room with a view of the pyramids. I realized after a couple of days that the reason why I couldn't actually see the pyramids was because I was facing another building and the Nile, at first I thought it was just the fog, it just didn't occur to me until the end of my stay. I mentioned it to the hotel and they said that they had upgraded me and the upgraded room costs the same as the original room. When I protested being robbed of the experience that I paid for and was looking forward to the room I reserved they couldn't seem to grasp why it would bother me. The last time I was in Cairo was 30 years ago. I don't know if I will ever go back. Yet their response to the issue was to comp me one $25 room service meal and tell me that the next time I come to Cairo they would put me in a good room. Yeah sure, if I come to Cairo in 10 years, I'm sure they will remember me and this. Further they're under the impression that I'd actually even want to stay at the hotel again after this. This told me that they really could care what guests feel or care about. They want what they want and that does not include satisfying the guest. I have never been so disappointed. Going to Cairo is not an every week or year trip. I won't be staying at any Four Seasons in the future. THEN they asked me to send my reservation that showed I had a room with the view of the pyramids. I did and they never got back. It went into a black hole. I specifically remember paying more money for that view when I was reserving the room. I'm just kind of sad by the whole experience.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Joe D
MElKeiy, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Dear Joe,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, so sorry to learn about this very unfortunate experience and that we fell short of your expectations. Our Director of Rooms will be in contact with you and if you ever need anything, please do not hesitate to contact me personally through me email: mahmoud.elkeiy@fourseasons,com. We sure hope that we get a chance to rectify your experience upon your next visit to Cairo.