Lowest prices for your stay
USD 31
USD 25
Booking.comUSD 46
PricelineUSD 31
eDreamsUSD 46
All reviews excellent budget hotel room was recently renovated felt very safe nile pharmacies cairo dokki
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stayed at the end of November 2012.Indiana hotel is located not on a busy street however is only seconds walk to the main Nile street, and many restaurants and a big supermarket is just few minuets away which is great, Moreover, the Most Important thing that the area is very quiet and safe at night which is an Excellent thing.

Also, a big plus is that Free Wi-Fi is available at the lobby you just have to get the Password at the reception

The room is large, clean and obviously it is recently renovated,and I noticed also that the hotel is undergoing refurbishments in other areas and rooms which is certainly a positive point.

Breakfast is fine, nothing special but certainly good enough to keep you going for the day. Staff is friendly and helpful.

All in all it was Really Good experience, and I recommend it!

Date of stay: November 2012
33  Thank TressLoren
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Myself and my girlfriend booked this hotel with STA travel, they told us it was central and had a roof terris, it's what they didn't tell us that was the propblem.

The minute we turned into the street the Indiana Hotel is on we knew there was a big problem, the place looked like a war zone, it's basically in the middle of a ghetto, the local atompher is very ominous.

We got the the entrance of the hotel and things got even worst, you have a bunch of scruffy blasé men hanging at the door, were they attendents or opportunists? Turned out they were both (one of them offered to get us a cab only to totally rip us).

Anyway, reception was blasé and seemed to despise us, the place was dark, dingy, musty and just uncared for, we got a sense that no one was managing the place with any conviction. When we got the room it was disgusting, it had not seen a paint job since the 70's, the sheets where musty, in terms of health and safety forget it, wires were sticking out of virtually every place they could.

We booked a double room and were taken to a twin room, when I mentions this to reception the woman at the dest just about looked at me and said in a blasé tone "that's all we have" not even "Sorry, that's all we have", the general attitude shocked me, I mean, we just got there and this was the impression they chose to give!

We though we'd go to the roof terrace to see what it was like, chill out with some Shisha calm down a bit, I mean, we're generally cool people and far from been snobs, maybe we could bare it for a few nights. We asked for the where abouts and was lead my this blasé man, we got to the top floor and was lead to this locked old rusty gate, I mean, this door creaked like something from a horror film. The shock when we looked around, it was decrepit, thick dust everywhere the view was horrible just shocking, it clearly handing been cleaned for years, even used for years.

The first impression was so bad we dicided we wouldn't even stay a night and walked out, booked into The Pyrimisa just minutes away, no that was more like it!

The Indiana Hotel is not fit for human inhabitance, enter at your own risk!

Date of stay: December 2011
6  Thank PeaceWalker_one
Indianahotel, Manager at Indiana Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all I thank all the reviewers for taking the time to write a review about Indiana Hotel at tripadvisor.

Second of all, writing a review after One Year do not reflect the present situation of the hotel, moreover describing the location area of the Hotel as a “War Zone ” putting in mind that The other Hotel mentioned in this review is at the same area is really something strange. Certainly I do respect all the views but how can this happen, how the same area be good for a hotel and a “War Zone” for another hotel!!!!

Moreover, Concerning accusing Egyptians as “Scruffy, ominous, attendents and opportunists “ reflects a “Hate Language” and I Certainly Do not agree about that

Second, I really respect you reviewer but is describing Indiana hotel as “not fit for human inhabitance” can be part from a constructive review , please read the previous recent reviews about Indiana Hotel most of them recommended Indiana Hotel to other guests as they had really enjoyed their stay at the hotel.

Last of all, a lot of renovations had been made this year and is still in the process at Indiana so an old review can not reflect the real situation now at Indiana Hotel and please note that all guests’ comments have been put into our consideration for improvement and we work hard to reach a complete Satisfaction from all guests

Pertaining to the other comments, please rest assured that we take all the necessary measures to identify means of development and improvement to elevate the hotel facilities.

We are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best.

We look forward to have the pleasure of seeing you once again where you would experience and touch the value of progression in Indiana Hotel Soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

I arrived early after a transatlantic flight. The reception staff invited me to wait in the lobby and gave me a cup of tea while waiting for a room to be ready. My luggage had been mislaid by the airline and again reception went to no end of trouble to track it down. When it arrived it was delivered to my room. Thanks to the wonderful staff. My room was Large and modern with great Comfortable bed I really had good sleep and the Bathroom also very clean . A good breakfast with variety was included. The Hotel is a short walk from the Nile and very near to Egyptian Museum, and downtown so the location was excellent. I would definitely stay here again if in Egypt.

Date of stay: September 2012
33  Thank Roman S
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I had Spent 4 nights at The Indiana Hotel towards the end of August. The Moment we arrived to the hotel Staff were immediately welcoming and gave us great recommendations for finding our way around and were really very friendly and helpful during all our stay.

Giza area is a very busy and very Crowded. However Indiana hotel is a haven of tranquility, very quiet and we enjoyed excellent night’s sleep. The bathroom was spacious with a shower over a bath and quality toiletries.

We had a deluxe room, which was clean and very nicely decorated and included a sitting area, and was spacious. We also enjoyed the buffet breakfast.

The hotel is located in a very convenient neighborhood 1 min from the Nile and 10 from Downtown (which is great!). Moreover a few embassies and consulates is located in this neighborhood, so it is secure area and the streets are very safe.

Overall, a very nice experience. We would definitely stay there again.

Room tip: Deluxe room has plenty of space.
Date of stay: August 2012
23  Thank Adam G
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I have to say the hotel was very good. the room is very modern and clean. The bathroom also was clean, hot shower all day long. The Breakfast was decent, Internet service excellent and very cheap. The Staff was just perfect.

Date of stay: January 2012