Ramses Hilton
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo(Cairo)
USD 139*
USD 138*
USD 104*
USD 128*
  • Pool
Le Meridien Cairo Airport(Cairo)
USD 171*
USD 177*
USD 117*
USD 296*
2,769 results
All reviewsterrace cafeegyptian museumsherlock holmes pubnile viewthe executive loungeindian restaurantspecial thankssecond homecairo towertahrir squareduty managerfront officebreakfast buffetvisit cairohotel staffenjoyed my stayfatma
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I stayed at Ramses Hilton for one night, and left with mixed feelings. The hotel is ideally situated in the heart of Cairo, minutes from the Egyptian Museum and right on the Nile.
The lobby is what one would expect of a Hilton Hotel. The staff were professional, but not entirely welcoming and friendly. The room, whilst it was clean and comfortable, seemed somewhat dated, and the furnishings looked somewhat tired. The view from my room was incredible; the Egyptian museum and the central square on the one side, and the Nile & Cairo tower from the balcony. The television wasn't working, and as I was only there for one night, I didn't feel the need to report it.
The bellboy was friendly, and stayed with me a few minutes to talk about the tours that I had planned, and gave me a few sincere suggestions.
The pool area was very appealing, although I felt that it too was slightly dated and run-down in areas.
Th breakfast was of a standard that I would expect from a Hilton Hotel, so no complaint there, other than the staff that were around weren't particularly friendly or helpful.
I requested a slightly later check-out, and the reception staff were happy to oblige, and granted me an extra 2 hours free of charge.

My stay was comfortable, and I felt safe and secure, although I don't believe that it was good value for money by any means. For upwards of $250 a night, I am convinced one could find a better 5-star hotel nearby.

So whilst I wasn't unhappy with my stay, I just don't feel that it was good value for money, and for that reason alone I won't rate the Ramses Hilton too highly.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2010

We stayed at the Ramses Hilton Hotel in Cairo for 3 nights in May while on a Trafalgar tour.
The hotel is in down town so its position was great and very close to the Cairo Museum.
It had a large room and bathroom and everything we needed with 2 large comfortable beds and a balcony which had a beautiful view overlooking the river.
The room looked a bit tired and needs a renovation. When we checked in we had to call reception because 2 lights did not work and that was fixed very quickly within 10 minutes.
The TV is very small, old model and broke down on the last day. Internet is not free and expensive.
The breakfast was very lavish with lots to choose from and the service is second to none.
Pictures are attached.

Happy traveling.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travellingman69
Reviewed 6 May 2010

There have been many reviews written about this hotel, but here is another data point. We stayed here twice - once for two nights and again a week later for one night as part of a tour package to Egypt - the usual temples and pyramids kind of tour. This may have had an impact on the type and location of our room (??)

As others have stated, the hotel is nice but in need of some updating. The lobby was modern and busy and our rooms were large. We had good views of the Nile. The furniture, fixtures and equipment were functional and adequate, but outdated. The television was quite small - I would estimate the screen size to be 19-21 inches (48-53 cm) in diameter, and rested on a pedestal.

The air conditioning was problematic on both occasions: during our first two-night stay, the a/c provided cool air, at best. We would have preferred colder air, but we did not mention this problem to the management. During our second stay a week later, the a/c was too cold, and setting the temperature to "warmer" and the blower to "low" did nothing. Since we were there only one night, we did not mention this to management. We managed by alternately turning the a/c system on and off. We decided that in Cairo it is better to be too cold than too warm. If we were to return, we would ask management to address this issue.

We found the lobby information desk staff to be exceptionally helpful and friendly. We had minimal interaction with other employees.

The "included" breakfast was varied, plentiful and good - there was something for everyone. The roving manager was attentive and helpful in introducing us to Egyptian breakfast foods.

The Hilton's location is good, and we were brave enough (or perhaps, stupid enough) to cross the street numerous times to walk along the Nile. Crossing the streets is not for the faint of heart, and I do not recommend this, even though I did it several times. By all means, get a taxi.

Overall, for the package price we paid, the Ramses Hilton was an acceptable choice. I would be disinclined to pay more money for a "nicer" hotel - the Hilton was fine. It is rated 5* in Egypt, but if it were in the US, it would most likely be considered 3*, perhaps 3.5*.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SFCAcruiser
Reviewed 5 May 2010

The Ramses Hilton was great. We were only there for 2 nights, but thought it was first class. We had a room on the 18th floor overlooking the Nile and the busy city streets below. Very cool introduction to Egypt!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guamybear
Reviewed 3 May 2010

We stayed at this hotel as part of a Trafalgar tour on two occasions. The location is pretty good, but doesn't really lend itself to walking around if you need to cross roads as they are nightmare! Our beds, were lovely and comfortable on our first visit, but not so good the second, and my sister had dirty linen on her bed the second time, but as we got in late, and had to get up early the next morning, couldn't be bothered getting it fixed. Breakfast was excellent with a huge range of food. During our first stay, we took a cab to the bazaar which was about 20 minutes away - cost LE25 there (I thing the doorman was getting kickback) & LE15 back, so pretty good value. Plenty of shopping nearby, but all in all the hassling from everyone including hotel staff for tips got a bit annoying. Especially when they expected tips for doing things that should be part of their job.

• Stayed: April 2010