“new owner-terrible evening”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2013

when you enter it smells a little bit, but we thought, because it has so many good reviews, that we will still be fine...
the salads are ok-not great-but you can enjoy, but the main dish was just terrible. my fettucine was swimming! in heavy sauce, after i asked for light sauce and my wife's ravioli tasted like paper. it was just defrosted and put in tons of heavy sauce,which made it looked like a soup. we gave it back, they tried to apologize, offered some dessert, but we just wanted to leave. you could sense that the cook has never learned how to cook italian food.
it is hard to understand why this place has so good reviews, it is in the price range of a place like la trattoria in zamalek, but the food is worlds apart. hard to recommend this place.

1  Thank TKPL

Reviewed 26 November 2012

This Italian is away from the maain tourist sites, in Mohandiseen just north of the shooting club, but a nice little place if you are in the area anyway.

Good restaurants are VERY hard to come by in Cairo and whilst this is not the best food you'll ever eat, it's much better than some of the dross that ranks higher up on trip advisor.

Decent-ish Italian food. Not top notch but then again the prices are very reasonable. The restaurant is cozy and small, one where you can shut the door out on Cairo. Service is superb.

Nice looking pub next door too for a beer afterwards.

(Ignore that map on Trip Advisor, it shows the completely wrong location. Try here instead: http://goo.gl/maps/gnJ73)

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Excellent italian food! I have tried fillet, sea food salad, pizza, and they were all very tasty and big quantities.

Also a MUST TRY is the Chocolate fudge and Nougat for Desert!

1  Thank Dina46
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This cosey restaurant will bring you lots of sweet memories where you were there before or not. Service is very friendly, food is OK, and prices are Good.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

I was kind of weary about this place when the taxi driver had problems finding it, but my fears were put to rest as soon as we walked in. it was absolutely wonderful!

the menu had quite a variety of italian dishes to choose from, as well as many drink options. I ordered sangria, which seems to be hard to find in cairo, and it was delicious. the bread they served before the meal was very tasty. for my main course, I ordered the lasagna, and it was so incredible. I was burning my mouth from wanting to eat it before it was cool enough. we finished up with desert, and the gelato was also very good. great meal.

the atmosphere inside was also very nice. the music playing was soothing 70's and 80's soft rock (I guess? lionel richie and stuff like that). it was a relaxing little oasis in the middle of a very hustling and loud city. absolutely wonderful.

1  Thank Jennifer B