Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Expedia.comUSD 200
TravelocityUSD 200
Orbitz.comUSD 200
FindHotelUSD 200
CheapTicketsUSD 200
TripadvisorUSD 200
All reviews boutique hotel quiet street the wi fi definitely stay here again nice pool swimming pool maadi egypt embassies balconies dryer corniche furniture traffic
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 March 2020

I seldom write reviews. But I saw the mix bag of reviews for Belle Epoque, I felt the need to chime in.
I am not a big hotel kind of a traveler. So, when I booked the flights to Cairo, I started looking. This was the only (or the only nice looking) boutique hotel I found. Some friends warned me Egypt doesn't do boutique hotels well, and yes, the reviews freaked me out a bit. But I couldn't bring myself to book one of those chain hotels... so I took a gamble.
It paid off. Really paid of! The neighborhood is tree-filled, lush green, relaxed and quiet residential area loved by embassies and posh locals. Lots of nice restaurants, cafes, shops within walking distance. Locals told me they walk everywhere in this neighborhood. Many also told me they often come to Belle Epoque for the pool, or for lunch.
You may spend your day in the hustle bustle of busy chaotic Cairo doing tourists stuff, so why not pick the most laid back beautiful villa to go back to relax at night?
I loved Cairo, and I am definitely coming back. And when I am coming back, I will definitely stay here again.
PS: beautifully decorated spacious rooms, nice and friendly staff.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

Must visit excellent service super delicious food authentic historic ambiance. An experience not to be missed i would definitely go again. I Would mostly recommend it for breakfast or brunch. Very good coffee as well.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2020

I am always researching where fo stay in Egypt as I offer tours in this beautiful country- this is the best in Cairo! A perfect colonial, nostalgic experience with dining to match! The decor, swimming pool, gardens, sitting rooms and balconies all remind us of times gone by! This is a place to relax in style. The area is also high class so local Egyptians will dine here. Possibly the best food I have eaten in Egypt!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank TRACEYASH2012
Reviewed 7 September 2019 via mobile

The whole experience was disappointing, rude service and stuff, unprofessional administration.

Firstly we were in the indoor restaurant and change to the outdoor the waiter told us that we cannot set beside the pool because it reserved so we sat before the pool area, after one hour one waiter said to us to leave the table due to reservation on this table but all the hotel was empty and i told him that this is not true and unprofessional dealing so he talked with bad language and force us to leave , so i went to the reception to tell them this incident and they aren’t helpful at all and leave me alone in room about half an hour to meet the manger of the hotel and the manger and then the manger told me only that we are sorry and he didn’t take any action towards this rude and illiterate stuff, so i left this icky hotel.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abd Elaziz M
Reviewed 23 August 2019

The staff are very nice and friendly and the rooms are clean and spacious with a nice pool on site. The facilities are good except the tv doesn't work at all with no channels. My only other issue is the price as I could have got something similar in London for around £100 with breakfast thrown in (Stamford hill hotel where i stay in London on occasions). I paid £137 per night at the Villa Belle Epoque and breakfast was extra at $25 fixed for a very poor choice of breakfast making the equivalent price of around £157 per night . Egypt is a 3rd world country!!! charging 1st world prices - sorry won't be going to Egypt again. Like everything else in this country everyone is trying to rip you off. Stay away.

Date of stay: August 2019