Two Rooms with Queen Beds and One Room with 2 single beds
Fully air conditioned and ACs working perfectly
Wonderful Nile view
Secured Building with three elevators
You are in close proximity all over Cairo
There is metro station close by (2 minutes ride or 10 minutes walk)
I would like to start with the positive facts of the location:
- You have a fantastic view over river Nile and when the Cairo smog allows, the Pyramids of Giza can be seen
- There were no cockroaches or bed bugs in the flat. Knowing other apartments I had in Cairo this should be stated here as very positive
- The flat is very spacious with a very large entrance hall and lots of chairs
- Air-condition is working well and is efficient most of the time. A limitation is listed below.
Now the list of what anyone booking this should be aware of:
- We booked this apartment for six persons as it was advertized with 6 sleeping facilities. When we arrived there, we were at first 4 persons and we thought anything is all right. One of the double beds is in a quite poor condition but this can be dealt with somehow. When the last two persons arrived and all beds had to be used, we realized that one of the single beds cannot be used for sleeping at all as the mattress is in such a bad condition that it is useless. Forget about getting sleep on it. I asked the owner to replace the mattress but he refused to do so. So one of the six persons was forced to look for another sleeping place in a different although six beds were paid for.
- One of the bed sheets was missing and we found it two days later inside the washing machine together with some other stuff. So, to avoid sleeping on the "naked" mattress we put some towels on it.
- In the deep-freezing compartment of the fridge there were remains of blood left over from meat used by a former tenant.
- The window blinds are dirty and too small to cover the whole window so that the sun found its way into the flat the whole afternoon. Maybe this is not problematic in winter but in summer when outside temperature reached 38°C (100°F) it minimizes the effect of the a/c.
- The overall cleanliness of the flat does not comply with European standard.
The overall poor rating of the flat results mainly from the poor condition of the beds, especially the one that cannot be used at all. I contacted the owner and made him aware of this but he refused to correct this deficiency. He obviously still wants to rent a 4.5 bed-flat as a 6 bed-flat.