Open today: 7:00 am - 10:00 pm
Review Highlights
Enjoyable and relaxing

Amazing jacuzzi, elevated and spacious, large well ventilated room, beverages, heated lounges... read more

Reviewed 3 January 2021
MichelleAli
Cairo, Egypt
via mobile
Massage

The spa is really nice,clean and cozy , the staff is very courteous and helpful . I had the... read more

Reviewed 27 February 2020
Racha G

Recommended experiences in and around Cairo
from USD 30.00
from USD 250.00
from USD 79.19
from USD 60.20
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2020 via mobile

Was staying at the Kempinski, so I decided to try Resense Spa. There was no spa menu in my room, so I called the front desk and asked to be connected to their reception. I could barely understand the man who answered because his accent was so heavy. I ended up having to go to the spa myself to check out what was on offer. Unfortunately, they didn't offer Thai Massages, (which is my favorite). I'm a big fan of Far Eastern massages; specifically dry ones like Thai and Shiatsu. The closest I could find on Resense Spa's menu was Balinese and Lomi Lomi. When I tried to book either, I was told that the Asian therapists that did those 2 massages were off. How disappointing! As long as these procedures are listed on their menu, they should be available every single day; quite unbecoming for a spa in a 5 star hotel! Nevertheless, I had to settle for Deep Tissue Massage, from an option of Aroma and Arabian. I was given the choice of selecting an Egyptian or a Ukrainian therapist. Being that I was in Egypt, and given the fact that I've had massages by lots of Eastern European women, I decided to go for the Egyptian. Besides I've never had an Egyptian massage therapist.

The spa is lovely, and MAHMUD, (who I had spoken to, and who had booked my appointment a day earlier), kindly offered me a ginger tea welcome drink. I was ushered into the facilities by a polite OMNIA. Though she was sweet and courteous, she seemed to follow me around the steam and sauna area, which was a bit irritating, even though I know she was only trying to do her job. Her English wasn't good, and my Arabic is terrible, but we understood each other. The spa facilities are superb. Bathroom was lovely, and so was the vanity area, jacuzzi, heated lounge chairs, etc. They even had a Hammam Room and an ice corner. The only issue I had is that the sauna had lots of pieces of detached wood and the entire steam room floor was a puddle of water. Now we all know that steam rooms are expected to be wet l, but this was just too much. It got my cotton bathroom slippers soaking wet. This is very dangerous; injury risk for the sauna, and slipping risk for the steam room. My massage room, (treatment room 5) was warm, cozy and even came with it's own personal shower cubicle.

My masseuse was RASHA. Communication between us was a hot mess! We barely understood one another, but were able to somehow communicate. She asked me whether I wanted gentle, medium or strong pressure. For me it's always strong, that's why I dislike massages that involve the use of oils because I feel it takes away from the ability to apply strong pressure. When I filled out the guest consultation form, I had indicated, and also told Mahmoud that I had recently had foot surgery, but that the foot was mostly healed, so gentle pressure was be applied there. I was surprised that Rasha didn't seem to know. This should have been extended to her. Rasha went on to give me a lack luster massage that I wouldn't even consider a medium pressure massage, much less a deep tissue one. It was when she was done with my back, and asked me to flip over that I told her to "do strong". And this chick was like "okay, strong!", and then instructed me to flip onto my back once again, then proceeded to use her elbow and do some stronger presses and rolls for a few minutes. I couldn't believe it! It's as if I never told her to apply strong pressure. She also didn't cover my eyes with weighted slumber shades or a pillow, which I never like. Overall, Rasha's pressure was very unsatisfactory to me. Her massage was so mild, I was unimpressed. So if what she did was a strong, deep tissue massage, then what would a mild pressure massage be like??? That's gonna feel like you're being stroked with a baby chick's feather!

Anyway, I won't go so far as to rate my experience at Resense Spa as poor/terrible because I generally take everything about the spa into consideration, so that means ambiance, service, cleanliness, facilities, etc. There are a few wrongs that need to be righted. Like the fact that somebody with a very heavy Arabic accent that can barely be understood shouldn't be positioned at the reception of the spa of a 5 star, international, quality establishment such as Kempinski. It's mostly tourists from many different countries that stay at this grand hotel, so this should be taken into consideration being that English is the most widely spoken language there is. A copy of the spa menu should be placed in all the hotel rooms and all therapists performing massages, whatever they be Asian, Egyptian or Ukrainian, should be available on all days for all the massages listed. Also, the guest consultation form didn't ask me which areas of my body I wanted the therapist to concentrate on. It only asked about health issues. I also wish there were more procedures offered in their menu. The Kempinski group can do soooooo much better than a handful of uninspiring massages. Rasha should be counselled to listen to customers massage requests, and Omnia should be told to respect customers spaces. All in all, I had a very ordinary experience at Resense Spa, and I'm not quite sure whether I will ever return; though I wouldn't completely rule it out. It unfortunately just didn't 'measure up' in the massage department. However, I was impressed with the beauty of the spa, and I have to compliment them for that.

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

Outstanding balinese masaje. Ayu is outstanding. Perfect knowledge of masaje armony. The premises are okish. I will visit again. Qality of the masaje and friendliness is outstanding. Prices are at same level as in other same level spa's

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 18 January 2020 via mobile

One of the best places I’ve been to . Nice , clean cozy and welcoming. Fully equipped gym . Definitely I’ll recommend to a friend

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed 16 December 2019

During our stay at the hotel i treated myself with a massage because I have always a very tense neck and back. Soha was treating me and we felt right away connected. She is very friendly and has a big heart. Also she is very professional and used the right pressure just as I like it. I was so relaxed and felt such a great relief the next day, that I booked another appointment with Soha. Thank you :)

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank Jeannybng
Reviewed 30 September 2019 via mobile

I had been doing a lot of walking and decided to opt for a deep tissue massage. The Indonesian therapist was very professional and extremely good at her job.
I felt at almost £100 for an 80 minutes session was a bit pricey for that reason I am giving it 4 stars. At the right price this is most definitely a 5 star service.

Date of experience: September 2019