“Really good BBQ place.”

Manimal Smokehouse
Ranked #152 of 124,421 Restaurants in Seoul
Price range: USD 18 - USD 26
Neighbourhood: Itaewon
Description: Manimal Smokehouse is a new American style BBQ restaurant located in Itaewon, Seoul. All meats are smoked in-house daily over cured Korean oak wood in a custom built offset smoker built in Houston, Texas. Our smoker is 100% wood powered with no electrical components.
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Great selection of smoked meat. Good rub and smokey flavor. Sides were great. Dining area is a little small so plan on getting there early or waiting.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I knew the place was small and got packed quickly but I was not expecting the hour and fifteen minute wait. There was a large group of people in one corner who stayed an hour after they finished, relaxing and chatting. There are many restaurants in Seoul with limited seating, and this is not the place to linger with friends, especially when there is a horde of people waiting to be seated in a crowded waiting area. My party was told it would be a 45 minute wait, but we ended up waiting longer because of that group of people. I know this was not the restaurant's fault but also wish the staff would have given us a more realistic wait time, taking into consideration situations like this. The quality of the food sort of made up for the long wait. Also, expect a pricey meal. We spent about 25,000 per person (without drinks) and we left hungry.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I enjoyed this American style smokehouse. The chicken was juicy, good sauces for the ribs and other cuts. Not the biggest selection of beers but still a decent selection. I enjoyed my cuts with some Fat Tire beer. I guess it might the time wait that caused bad reviews but we must have been on a good night (not too busy). Let than 10 min wait and server very upbeat and friendly. I will definately be back next time in Seoul.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 11 November 2017

There are other BBQ places in Itaewon but this one is the best and I have tried them all. The selection of meats is better than others and one thing you wouldn't expect is how good the smoked chicken is. The Pulled Pork is some of the best I have ever had. The sides are excellent. Some complain about the sauces, but the meat is so good you don't need any.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Waited for 45 minutes with visiting friends. When we finally got back they made us stand for 15 minutes while they took other peoples orders. Once they had the orders they then informed us that only 3 dishes were left to order. Very curt service with and this was before 8pm. Wasted an hour of my evening