“Beautiful and quiet, great place”
Review of Jidaebang

Jidaebang
Ranked #3,583 of 124,120 Restaurants in Seoul
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great great awesome place recommended by friends .

Location in the nuzzling street it's on the second floor.
F&B: tea is great, slightly on the expensive but very well brewed

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Right in the heart is Insadong tucked away in the 2nd floor of a building is a local tea house.

Really feels like we stepped back in time. Run by a sweet older couple - their recommendation of the 5 Tastes tea was spot on.

Such a cozy spot - highly recommend.

Reviewed 5 August 2015

Myself and my husband decided to have some tea here. When we walked in, we were blown away by how beautiful it was. It has a very relaxing feel to it and you can tell that it's an old tea house.
There are a few different areas here, so it was easy to find a secluded spot to ourselves. We both ordered different variations of green tea.
It came out in a traditional Korean tea set. Luckily, we have been living in Korea for a few years so we knew what to do but the girl just walked away after giving us the tea instead of explaining it. I'm sure if you asked they would show you how.

We stayed there for quite a while sipping on our delicious tea and watching the world go by below on Insadong.
I highly recommend a visit here if you are looking for a chance to use a traditional Korean tea set.

Reviewed 8 December 2014

지대방 (Chidebang) is a traditional Korean Teahouse right in the middle of the busy Insadong district in Seoul.
It's on the first floor of a building (or second if you count the ground floor as the first floor like in US and Korea). The entrance is jammed between shops and around a busy facade of neon lights and shop signs and one would never suspect that such a lovely place hides here.
The wooden staircase leads to an old teahouse where the owner prepares traditional Korean teas. I came here in winter and it was warm and cosy inside the teahouse. It feels like a hidden retreat away from the hustle and bustle of the busy and touristy roads just outside. I visited other teahouses on that day too but this was by far my favourite as I found it full of charm and character. The owner was also very proud and passionate about his teas.
If you are going in a small group try the lotus flower tea. It is spectacular and has a very delicate flavour, though bear in mind that it comes with a big lotus flower inside a rather large bowl to be shared with at least 4 people (but if you are only taking a small cup it would be plenty for more!)

The owner has his own green tea plantation in South Korea and also sells green tea and other teas.
Definitely a worthwhile experience when visiting Seoul and I will definitely take my guests here when they visit us for a feel of old traditions while in Seoul.

There are both tables with chairs as well as the traditional Korean style tables where you take your shoes off and sit on the floor.

2  Thank Ros_in_wonderland