All reviews great location south korea airport bus hongdae nightlife lobby laptop luxury station convenience
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Our travel agent had said that this was not going to be up to the usual standard of hotels that we had stayed in on our bicycling trips to Seoul.
And I am generally unfussy so long as the beds are clean and comfortable, the air conditioner works, and the toilets are in good order.
That said, this hotel was better than just fine.
We had checked after of day of touring Seoul and found our rooms welcoming and comfortable. Later we went to the car park to set up our bicycles for the next day's ride. The process was a breeze, plenty of room and no hassles of 30 people adjusting and testing bikes in the car park.
After a good night's rest we had a nice breakfast with plenty of choices to suit most tastes.
What interaction we had with staff was fine.
The location is close to many restaurants and, for the shoppers, there are many night market stalls nearby.
It is also easily accessible by public transport.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2018

The good:
- Location, location, location. Sometimes thats what counts the most for some people. You're smack dab in the middle/outskirts of a lot of things. Convenience store? Check. Restaurants? Check. Nightlife? Check.
- Certain aspects of the facilities were great. Love the heated toilet seats and that awesome buttwasher on the toilet.
- The television works (its also a negative).
- The staff was generally nice and helpful. While they didn't smile much, they were very courteous.
- Perhaps it would be a worry in some other countries but in South Korea where crime is not as worrisome, I kinda liked the fact that you can come in from the street, go to the elevator, and go directly to your room. Privacy is pretty much right there for you if you want to have some people over, and if you want them (and you) to avoid the walk of shame in the morning.
- The proximity to the train station and airport bus (more on that later) makes this one of the more appealing choices to stay at in Hongdae.

The bad:

- The hotel at one point, maybe, was a classy place. The decor (gold and earthen tones) is actually pretty nice. That being said, I could already tell when we walked in that everything seemed dated. The chairs did not match. The wall on one side of the room where the bed is was scratched up and paint was peeling from the chair rubbing on it. It just had that run down feeling.
- If you need fast, reliable internet, you may be better served going to a cafe or business place that actually has fast, reliable, and functional internet. The hotel internet was not that great compared to what you can find elsewhere and when I activated it, it did work, for all of two hours. The evening of the first night when I came in, it was connected but did not function at all. I tried my laptop and my phone and nothing. This may or may not be a big thing for people on vacation and they only need connectivity for the basic things but still.
- Everything is charged. Normally in some other hotels if you come in early, they will allow you to check in early free of charge. Here, they do not. 10K Won for every hour you are early and as we came in six hours prior to the 3pm check in, that was something that did not appeal to me. Also, in other hotels they have adapters for your plugs if you come from a country where it is a different standard/setup. Good news is they do have those here. Bad news is they charge, even though its 1K Won and the price is small, its the little things like that that create an additional checkmark in your head.
- The television worked but had only Korean language channels. Of course that's to be expected but in other places, you would have channels that catered to a multiple set of ethnic groups visiting but I guess only Koreans like to visit this place (?)
- This was the stickler for me. Now, I get that South Korea can be a cold place during the Spring. Heating is absolutely essential. However, I was surprised to find out that they turn OFF the airconditioning in the rooms. Instead they turn on the heating. A phone call to the lobby confirmed this. Now, yeah I understand its cold. I get that most likely one will have cold extremities when they come in to their room in the evening. That said, the first evening we walked into our room we opened the door to a sauna. It was absolutely sweltering inside. With no feasible way to cool the room, we just left the window open for the night. Nice in theory (because thats actually something I like to do rather than breathe in regurgitated hotel air) but awful when you were facing a major road and you can hear cars, sirens, horns, people yelling, etc throughout the night.

Would I recommend this hotel to friends? I would if you can overlook the negatives I pointed out AND you can get it at a discounted rate. Seventy USD would sound about right, anything more and you will feel like you were ripped off.

Room Tip: Get a hotel that does not face the main road so you can open the window just in case they don't turn on the A/C.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kylerjalen
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

酒店位置方便,近subway 2號線9號出口,行5分鐘之內,但因這出口很旺,時常很多人,很迫。
酒店的洗手間沒shower curtain , 好容易洗澡完畢,floor will wet, 需要小心。
而且浴室是sliding door, 發出很大聲響,而且浴室的門沒鎖,上,下位置透明,privacy 不足。面盆的去水很慢,而坐廁亦有些塞。整體而言,洗手間不合格。
另外,房間沒有放行李架,彎著腰執很李,很辛苦。
雖然,酒店有網頁,指示可send email, 但是沒反應,無論是網頁或電郵。
房間大小和床,是滿意。
但是,在梳裝枱上有少少地方sticky, 沒有人清理,只好用紙巾舖上。

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank FionaC2813
Reviewed 3 June 2017

The hotel is a 5-min walk from the Hongik metro station in the Hongdae area (which never sleeps as young people seem to party all night long!). But the rooms are quiet. So the location is great.

Bed sheets are clean and beds are comfortable (not great). Breakfast buffet and wifi were included. For ~$70USD a night, it is very good value.

A few quibbles:
- shower: the temperature coming out of the shower head varied over a period of a few seconds (it can go from hot to luke warm and back to hot...).
- power outlets: are at inconvenient locations in the room
- the fur headboard

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank nuboy
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

This place is a bit sterile. But it is in a great location by 2 very handy subway stations (Hongik Uni & Haepjong). It's clean an well priced. It's in the middle of Hongdae. So plenty of restaurants and services. Also extremely handy for the airport train. So the rating is not so much for the hotel facilities but the location. Having said that, the hotel was very comfortable and the staff very helpful. An excellent base for Seoul.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple