New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #82 of 449 Hotels in Seoul
Khabarovsk, Russia
“Best Hotel in Seoul!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

My friends and I spent two wonderful weeks in Seoul. To a very large extent this time was so great thanks to Icon Hotel and its two nice and hospitable owners. They made us feel like home, made delicious breakfasts for us, took us to interesring places in Seoul and were always eager to help us.
The Hotel is really nice, rooms are clean, bottles of water are brought everyday. It is located close to lots of sights (Changdeokgung palace, Gyeongbokgung palace, Insadong). It takes just a few minutes to get to Myeongdong, which is a dreamplace for every shopaholic.
One of the best places of Icon Hotel is its roof with lots of flowers. You can enjoy very beautiful view from here. Plus, you can just come here and relax at the end of the day.
If you want to spend good time in Seoul you should definitely choose Icon Hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Sasha1290
IconSeoul, Owner at Hotel Icon, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Dear Sasha

I would like to thank you very much for your wonderful commemts which you made quickly before the fatigue of the journey was overcome.
I feel affection to you because of close relationship during your 2 week stay.
I will miss you for a long time.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.

Best regards,
Hotel Icon / C.E.O. Eun-Kyo Jung

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Although it is a bit hidden, the location of Hotel Icon is perfect. It is situated between two stations (Anguk and Jongno 3(sam)ga). Most interesting things (Myeong-dong, several palaces, Cheonggyecheon-river, Insadong, Jogesya, Seoul-center) are all in walking distance.
The hotel itself is brandnew and clean. Staff is friendly, wifi is flawless, every day four bottles of water are provided in the room. If necessary, a convenience store is situated only 25 meters away.

Yesterday I found a note on my door from the hotel manager thanking me for staying so long (7 days) and offering me a platter of fruits.
As I am writing this review I am still in the hotel (I will leave tomorrow). 30 minutes ago the hotel manager Eun Gyo Jung came to my room asking if everything was well. She also brought three presents, souvenirs. Never in my life I have experienced such kindness in a hotel, making me feel really at home and making this Seoul experience unforgettable.

Thumbs up for Hotel Icon! I am recommending this hotel to all, without any doubt!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Erwantsch
IconSeoul, Owner at Hotel Icon, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Dear Erwantsch

I deeply appreciate your wonderful comments regarding your stay at Hotel Icon.
I am sure that your kind compliments will encourage all of our staffs to further develop our service.
Thank you very much again for your staying at our hotel.
I hope your next visit will be much more pleasant than the previous one.

Best Regards,
Hotel Icon / C.E.O. Eun-Kyo Juig
Osaka, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

When we decided on Hotel Icon, it had only three (favourable) Trip Advisor reviews (in Japanese). Well, we are happy to report that we've stayed there for 9 nights and are more then happy with Icon. A brand new building with brand new facilities, a bit off the beaten track but dead center of Seoul, within short walking distance of all the main sights. Rooms spotless, cleaned every day (the only inconvenience is that there is no separate shower space, so you shower on the bathroom floor). Small 24-hour store practically next to the hotel. What the staff lack in their command of English, they more than compensate for with courteousness and the will to please (for example, when I complained on the low/unexistent strength of wi-fi signal in our room, a new router was brought in and installed in a matter of a few minutes). Both thumbs up for Icon, they`ve insured that our stay in wonderful Seoul was unforgettable!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Erol K
IconSeoul, Owner at Hotel Icon, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
We are very sorry for late response.
We recently know how to respod to your review.
We greatly appreaciate your wonderful comments which you made during your Japan trip.
We will remember you and your lovely wife for a long time.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Best regards,
Hotel Icon C.E.O Eun- Kyo Jung
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

It's handy for two stations, a convenience store and 仁寺洞town.
I went to 昌徳宮, 北村 and 景福宮 on foot from here.

• Stayed April 2013