“Good Staff”

Singapore, Singapore
“Good Staff”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Aug28-5Sep, 2011
This is the first time I am staying in a backpackers hostel. It turned out better than I thought.
It was quite well kept. They have an English speaking staff, Johnny (Fri-Sun) who is very helpful and considerate. You can approach him about anything and he will always try to help.
I felt very comfortable during stay there.

Room Tip: Not advisable for double due to small bed for sharing. Single is ok.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I stayed at Myeongdong branch and I'm surprised that no one had mentioned that this place has no lift. I would not recommend this place for anyone who has big luggage. The rooms are quite rundown, there are cracks on the wall and tearing on the doors. The wifi for some floors are not working. The worst part was there were cockroaches in our room. This place really need some maintenance.

I gave this place an average purely because of its location which is really near to the subway and its room rate.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tiramisu27
Manila
Reviewed 26 May 2011

We stayed in the Myeongdong branch last May 3-7, 2011. The rooms are better than expected, We got rooms on the 4th floor, The actual is better than the pictures seen in their website. The hostel has a good location, just 2 minutes going to euljiro subway station, and few minutes from shopping district, myeongdong and to the famous lotte department store. The room is clean but after staying for 5 days, it seems that there is no housekeeping and no one to even to collect the garbage. The kitchen is small but you can get tea, coffee and water for free.

The check-out time is 10am, but the staff did not inform us about it beforehand. my friends and I thought that it would be by 2pm, so we were really shocked and we packed up messily and hurriedly because of that. I ended up taking a shower in the dorm area.

The staff is indeed not always in the reception area, but you can always press the call button or knock on their door (the room behind the reception desk) to call them. And the one assigned in the morning in the reception desk needs to improve his english, because if he didn't understand us, he will just waive his hands which signals that he doesn't understand us or he merely does not want to help us. The evening staff on the other hand is very helpful to us even when in an emergency and has a very good command of the english language.

I'm really confused about the telephone installed in the room since it cannot call from anywhere even in Korea itself. It is only for the convenience of the front desk calling us for check-out but you cannot call them... but it is cute though,...but What a waste!

I also liked the internet stations of the hostel since it was very helpful and can be used anytime.

The hostel has a very nice location, it is near to everything, so it is a more cheaper way to go to Korea, so I recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank mystay2009
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 May 2011

The place is a bit compact but I enjoyed my stay there. There is a requirement to send three confirmations to confirm your stay there but to me it is still nice. There's free international calls to landlines for 3 minutes at any time, free internet (2 computers at the ground floor) and wifi. Please bear in mind they dont have a wardrobe or closet (but they have a few hooks on the wall and do not provide toiletries. But you can use t-money (for a deposit of 5,000 won, which they will return to you when you give the card back to them). They also provide the international adaptor for a deposit of 5,000 won. If you are into big towels, you might want to bring your own towel because the towel that they provide you is slightly bigger than a face towel. Please take note that they do not allow guests in the room and do not allow guests to eat in the room. However, they sort of provide a pantry with microwave and fridge and guests can eat outside.

walking distance to Namdaemun Market and Hoehyon Station.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Myeongdong branch: Great location, room was ok but the staff were bad.

I realised that my private room didn't have a towel, so thinking I could rent one I went to reception during opening hours, but the staff had abandoned the hostel! There was nobody to help me, just a number to call. I feel sorry for anyone who tried to check in at that time. Anyway, when I (eventually) got hold of them and said I needed a towel, they said they would bring me one shortly. I waited for an hour and they never came. The next day they still hadn't brought me one.

One problem with the room is that it got completely flooded after showering. I had a very bad sleep because I could hear the other guests through the thin walls. I was also kept awake by loud water glugging noises, which sounded like they were coming from a water tank/boiler in my ceiling.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo