“Excellent room, great location”

Orakai Insadong Suites
Ranked #83 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed at Fraser with my family for about 4 nights. The room was big and comfortable. It had 3 bedrooms, a living room,a computer room and 2 toilet and bath. The space was more than enough for our many luggages. Hehe. This was mainly a shopping trip, so we picked Fraser Suites because of its location. It had a 7eleven right across the street, a coffee bean and tea leaf at the back of the hotel. There are many shops surrounding the hotel. Restaurants line the small, quaint street of Fraser. There is even a Starbucks and A bakery a block away. We walked to myeong dong market (a big shopping area) from our hotel for about 10-15 minutes. We also walked to Namdaemun market (another great shopping area) for 30 minutes. A bit further than myeongdong but well worth the trip. Fraser also had an excellent breakfast buffet, which serves a combination of american and continental breakfast. I would definitely come back to this hotel on my next visit to Seoul.

Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank D_S_LPhilippines
There are newer reviews for Orakai Insadong Suites

Reviewed 18 March 2012

We got a 2 bed room apartment, with plenty of space for 3 persons. Kitchen was fully equipped with washing machine and dryer. Both bedrooms share adjoining patio to the living room.
There was a convenience store just across the little street to stock up. Just a stone throw away to the subway too and most cab drivers find it easy to locate. It was easy to get cabs as well if you are not up for the subway. Very nice to walk around the surrounding streets, gosh, you can spend the whole afternoon exploring the little shops and streets around arty and quaint Insadong area with tea houses, and restaurants. I will come back here again the next time.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank purplefaerie
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We loved our surprisingly big suite/room (possibly bigger than our London flat!) at this great hotel. Located in a really interesting area, perfect for the palaces and right in the heart of Insadong, which proved to be our favourite area of Seoul. Insadong isn't perhaps the right location for those here on business, but is perfect for soaking up real Korean atmosphere (in a way accessible to Westerners...). The hotel did have a shuttle bus that left every morning for the business areas though, so business travellers might still find this a good mix.

We enjoyed the spa area and the breakfast was more than fine. The staff were extremely helpful.

Room Tip: Higher floors have to use a different elevator, so you can only reach the pool and breakfast room by...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TootingLondon
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I chose this hotel for the simple reason that they allow pets when I was looking for a temporary home to bridge the gap between my arrival in Seoul and finding an apartment when I relocated here. The Fraser Suites was the only hotel I could find that would accept my pets and I was concerned that their monopoly on the pets-accepted-market would result in my wallet getting gouged. I am happy to report, my concerns were unfounded. The Fraser Suites was wonderful!
For approximately the same nightly rate as a standard hotel room in Seoul, me and my dog and cat had a 2-bedroom apartment at the Fraser Suites in Insadong, complete with 2 spacious bedrooms, a fully equipped modern kitchen, a clothes washer/dryer, a television with DVD player and international satellite reception, daily maid service (every day except Sunday), a generous buffet breakfast (included in room rate), a gym and pool, and an excellent location in the heart of Insadong.
The deposit for pets is approx. $800, but I did not incur any charges against this withholding after 8 weeks stay.
Room size is very comfortable, with a 2-bedroom being approx 900 square feet complete with dishwasher, full size fridge, stand up shower and claw-foot deep soaking tub. Breakfast is included in the nightly room rate and includes eggs (daily specials such as hard boiled, quiche or scramble, but special requests accepted daily), cereal bar (3 options and mixed nuts), a variety of breads, fruits, vegetables, coffee/espresso (self service machinge), juice, fresh fruit and soup of the day..
Maid service is 6-days per week.
Location is a perfect jumping-off point for tourists. I work at USAG-Yongsan in central-Seoul which is about a 30 minute ($1 one way) commute via subway to Yongsan from Insadong (2 transfers to Samgakji Station).

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank SBrady
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed for 4 nights October 2011. We had 3 bed room suite. It had nicely equipped kitchen, large living room, master bed room with bath, 1 bed room with double bed, and 1 bed room with twin bed, and another bathroom on the hallway. it was big enough for 4 other people. It had a washer and dryer (which didn't work too well). Everything was clean and well maintained. Housekeeping was good too. The location is perfect. We walked to Myongdong and Namdaemoon, about 20 min. walk. There are lots and lots of restaurants right around the corner. Only problem was that it was hard to find for the cab driver, but he had GPS and no problem. I highly recommend this place to anyone. We use booking.com, they had a sale and good discount. Book early, they sell out fast.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank cheirus
Travellers also viewed these Seoul hotels
Gwanghwamun / Jongno
Insadong
Hotel Sunbee
Hotel Sunbee
#34 of 500 in Seoul

Been to Orakai Insadong Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Orakai Insadong Suites

Address: 18, Insadong 4-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03163, South Korea (Formerly Fraser Suites Insadong)
Region: South Korea > Seoul > Insadong
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool
#33 Business Hotel in Seoul
#38 Romantic Hotel in Seoul
#40 Family Hotel in Seoul
#53 Luxury Hotel in Seoul
Price Range: $142 - $256 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Orakai Insadong Suites 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Orakai Insadong Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fraser Suites Seoul Hotel Seoul