“The environment inside is different from the outside of the restuarant”

Tosokchon Samgyetang
Ranked #32 of 123,723 Restaurants in Seoul
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Let's talk about the seating: there were floor seats and table seats - I opt for the table seats. There were free kimchi and radish for all-you-can-eat. The servers are chinese from china because of their chinese slang when communicating to each other. So they perfectly understand when i gestured to have my water cup to be refilled. The chicken soup is very light in taste (which its good for me), a big piece of ginseng (yummy). The glutinous rice is very dense (good too). We didnt have stomach for their roast chicken - looks good actually. The seafood pancake is something you can skip as the flour texture is overwhelming. Oh, not forgetting the small cup of ginseng wine for every guest - I should have pour it into my soup, should taste even better. I am comparing their ginseng chicken with my home country, theirs is lighter which I like. If you have heavy taste, ie saltier, sweeter etc.. maybe you won't like this.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,262)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

If you think that this place is just another tourist trap, it is NOT! Locals and tourist flocks this area. We were lucky to get seated immediately as we had a very late lunch at 3.30pm. My mom who is not a fan of kimchi was converted! She loved their kimchi so much, my husband myself and mum kept helping ourselves with the kimchi refill until half the jar was finished. The chicken was so tender! It was a great meal on a cold day. If i ever come back to seoul again (which is highly likely), this is one of my must eat place!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This is the food I love the most in Seoul! The chicken is soft and the soup is tasty. Added the ginseng liquor in the soup for stronger ginseng favour! We reached there at 10.30am and get into the restaurant straight. The queue is quite long after 12pm so it’s advisable to reach earlier to avoid the crowd.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Such an enjoyable lunch of the Korean ginseng soup. Thoroughly enjoyed and was not disappointed as it was indeed a delicious experience

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Often in times, you'll find disappointment when you try out a famous eatery among tourists. I have had that kind of experience where I just had such big expectations from reading people's reviews but, ended up finding the food mediocre and not worth all the hype and long queue. But, this did not fit into this category. The soup had flavour where ginseng was not overpowering. It was hot and warmed us as it was still less than 10 degrees at the time. The chicken was tender too. What I really love as well are their cabbage and radish kimchi. They were so delicious that I just couldn't stop getting refills!