“Confused place”
Review of Indian Tadka

Indian Tadka
Ranked #33 of 1,100 Restaurants in Yangon (Rangoon)
Price range: AU$3 - AU$18
Cuisines: Indian, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Once considered the shinning jewel in the British Empire's crown,India can today be easily deemed as the huge, 60-carat diamond in the world's flavored cuisine ring.The large variety of food has found brilliant cravings on an international scale as Indian restuarants have spread at an incredible rate, with enormous success in every corner of the world. Indian Tadka ~ Where 'Life Tastes Good' .. Walk into the Indian Tadka, and it's a different gastronomic world all together. If you are a connoisseur of fine cooked comfort food, which is made only with the freshest and best quality ingredients, served artistically to delight your tastebuds and well presented to soothe your senses, then Indian Tadka for you it is. 'Tadka' is the fine art of delicately infusing flavours into food while cooking and also as a garnish. And our seasoned chefs, all the way from India are passionate about their 'seasonings', as they cook. All so happy, all so eager to welcome you vivaciously, and on offer are the most uniquely crafted, lovingly made, creatively dished out the very famous South Indian spread, coupled with tangy spiced Chowpati Chat ,rare and tastefully selected combo delicacies , to enliven your spirits with every bite. Lest us share a secret, some of our recipies have been passed on and preserved over generations, which we now bring to your very own table here in Yangon serving the royal Mughlai and Peshawari delicacies smoked with charcoal and served from clay oven. They say good food always makes people better, happier, and joyous human beings, As the very famous Luciano Pavarotti put it ~ One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating. And so it is with us folks at Indian Tadka, constantly striving to add that extra bit of joy, that twinkle in the eyes, that cheerful feeling, that smile on happy faces, that bliss and sudden excitement, for you and your loved ones, on your special occasions and otherwise. "Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abundance or not at all." It is the same spirited thought that encourages and inspires Indian Tadka in making a big difference through its personal touch and signature styles in all that it does. Always striving to deliver joys through good food, into lives of all those who connect with Indian Tadka in their daily life. Like an artist who paints, or a weaver who weaves, or a musician who creates symphonies, Like a well written poem or a melodious birdsong, at Indian Tadka too you can witness food artistry in its bestest forms, absolutely soothing and completely refreshing. Here aesthetically and passionately created delicassan, harmonizes the mind and brings wholesome satisfaction to your palette. Humble yet captivating, Sublime yet Sensuous, Contemporary yet Classic, it's all such experiences and more, that make up a fine meal at 'The Indian Tadka'. So whether it is Food for Thought, or Thought for Food, Do visit and us allow us to weave magic through good food in your everyday life.. All so lovingly. Indian Tadka , Because 'Life Tastes Good' !!
Reviewed 15 December 2022 via mobile

Been here twice with my partner. The first time we were sat upstairs at a very large table leaving large groups arriving after us looking very confused. They didn't have any coffee. We ordered a few dishes and they came out very staggered with the plain rice arriving last after we had eaten everything else. The portions are quite small especially the tandoori. There was a Nicholas cage movie being projected very large onto the wall(eh?).
Second visit we were sat downstairs where there was a large television pounding out mtv beats so loud I couldn't hear my partner speak, it was so stressful I couldn't enjoy my food and rushed to get out and away from the distorted clatter. The food is like myanmar adaptations of Indian quisine but very salty. The service varied from way over the top to where are the staff? It's a shame they don't know how to set the ambience for an enjoyable dining experience

Date of visit: December 2022

Reviewed 7 December 2020

The paneer butter masala, kali dal and naan were just amazing. service is good. reminds me of India.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 27 February 2020

I recently went to the downtown Yangon branch and was extremely impressed. The food, and service were outstanding. I also go to the Mandalay branch whenever I'm in town.

I went to the Pyay Road branch fairly late last night, around 9:30pm. It took around 35 minutes for my food to arrive, which seemed pretty slow as there weren't many other customers. When the food arrived, the order was wrong but at that point it was too late and I couldn't be bothered to change it. The taste wasn't bad.

What was more concerning was that my naan bread seemed to have been delivered to the table next to mine, then a few minutes later was picked up and given to me. I may be wrong, but it appeared that the table next to me had actually eaten a piece of it as I ordered 1 portion and there were 3 pieces in the basket.

I was really unimpressed by the general lack of care and I'll try to avoid this branch in future.

Date of visit: February 2020
3  Thank Sam8490
Reviewed 24 January 2020

I went there with my colleagues..
Food is awesome ..
Service as well.
Very peaceful place to have your feed..

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 19 January 2020

From trip advisors reviews and opinions, this place is rated as the #1 and best Indian restaurant in Yangon. As the matter of fact, it’s the WORST Indian restaurant on the Planet! The only thing Indian here are the names on the menu. Tasting a dish there is like drinking a bowl of sea water with a ton of spice. Very nasty, bad, unbalanced horribly salty over-spiced “Indian” food. Just wondering if all these positive reviews are from real people unless their taste buds have been severe damaged from their last trip here. Mangalaba.

Date of visit: January 2020