Sule Shangri-La Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
USD 230
USD 138
The Strand(Yangon (Rangoon))
Free cancellation until 02/08
USD 264
USD 209
Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
USD 129
USD 102
PARKROYAL Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
USD 149
USD 119
Agoda.com
Rose Garden Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
USD 107
USD 99
Agoda.com
Savoy Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
USD 200
USD 150
Agoda.com
The Loft Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
USD 120
USD 105
Priceline
  • Room Service
USD 46
USD 40
Agoda.com
Sedona Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
USD 125
USD 119
Priceline
Belmond Governor's Residence(Yangon (Rangoon))
Free cancellation until 01/08
Book now, pay at stay
USD 334
All reviewsswimming pooltraffictaxidowntowntv
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Cool hotel and best service of best staffs.Want to invite some travelers to get here when u reach yangon.You guys will get many good experiences form this hotel .Hope to see u guys .With best wishes to your journey.PEACE

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
WutyiHlaing, Sales & Marketing Manager at Sky Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear Sir,

Mingalarbar from Sky Star Hotel!

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your excellent review and feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on another stay in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel boasts a giant 9 floor building at the end of a driveway and has a grand entrance with huge sparkling balls hanging from the ceiling, which suggests some sort of elegance. The staff greet you with huge helpful smiles and are indeed friendly and welcoming. The room was clean and comfortable, however there was a musty smell to the room. Perhaps the result of past smoking in the room? Decor wise the whole place is dated and makes me feel like I've stepped into a 90's film actually some parts resembled the Titanic! I kinda liked that but whatever floats your boat I guess! I can deal with it for a night. I was super happy with the gym, which was clean and well equipt. The pool area is nice but looks a bit like an oasis in a desert. There is huge space around the pool that is used for functions. My purpose for booking this hotel was for the use of the gym and pool before a late night flight the day after. I wanted to spend my last day chilling by the pool but there was indeed a poolside funtion, which meant the pool was closed. I explained my purpose for booking to the manager and he was understanding and allowed me to swim while the staff were preping the event. I am very pleased with his understanding of this situation. Though still slightly frustrated that I could'nt spend my last day by the pool. Instead I reclined in true 90's style overlooking the roof tops of Yangon on my dusty balcony and took full advantage of the 1pm late check out.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
WutyiHlaing, Sales & Marketing Manager at Sky Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Mr. Sammie J,

Mingalarbar from Sky Star Hotel!

Thank you very much for take the time to review our property and your feedback are very much valued for us. We appreciate your feedback regarding about the some inconvenient things of our property. We look forward to welcoming you back on a repeat stay in future.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

It is an old property but rooms were Okay. What disappointed me most was the really sub standard service and lack of empathy for customers.
I booked two single rooms with clear instructions for queen/kind bed in each room. At check in they gave us twin bed rooms. When I raised this I was promised that rooms would be changed next day but of course they did not change it. I stayed there in the same room for three days.
During checkout I was asked to deposit the room key card, I told them that I forgot the same in room and they can ask house keeping staff to collect it (as they would anyway check the room before checkout). They simply denied and asked me to again go up and bring the key. In the process, I had to cancel my Uber taxi for airport as they did not wait for that long. Again I had to book the cab and wait for 15 mins for taxi, after I brought them the precious 'Key card'.
Every time I ordered room service they took at least 90-120 mins!! and would invariably forget one thing or the other.
They denied arranging the airport pickup despite informing them 48 hours in advance!
In short, avoid staying in the hotel for the worst than poor service.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank prateek2411
WutyiHlaing, Manager at Sky Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear Mr. Prateek,

Mingalarbar from Sky Star Hotel!

Thank you for take the time to review our property and your feedback are very much valued for us. We appreciate your feedback regarding about the some inconvenient things of our property. We would like to explain to you that we always take care of every customer’s requests. We do deeply apologize also for some unfortunate incidences within your check out period. Moreover, we normally had need to take the time 20 to 25 minutes for room service but we took 10 minutes more to deliver food to your room. Thus, we would like to apologize again to you. For the Airport Limousine Service, we arrange every pick up or drop service 24 hours in advance. If it is convenient, we would like to discuss your experience further, so that we might learn more about how to improve our property and service for you and other guests. Last but not least, thank you very much for your review and we would like to apologize again for some inconvenience things within your stay.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I tried hard to like this hotel. It offers good value, large, bright rooms, with a great pool and sumptuous breakfast, but the hotel attitude is officious; staff are not empowered to make decisions. They REALLY don't want you to use the rear exit, which is nearer to shops, restaurants and Tamwe train station - cheap tickets to town, the circular railway round-Yangon trip. They won't let you open the balcony doors. They shut the whole pool area for 2 days, with no visible activity for almost all the first day. Since the pool was our reason for choosing this hotel this was especially annoying.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Henry D,

Mingalarbar from Sky Star Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to post and we do deeply apologize for some problems that you encountered within your stay. We would like to explain to you that we won’t allow in some situations for customers’ safety and security. Thus, we hope that you will be understanding of our situation. We would like to apologize again for unfortunate incidences regarding with pool side. In that case, the responsible person of our Hotel met with you and specifically apologize to you within your stay at our property. Thank you very much for staying with us, and we look forward to another chance to serve you in your next stay.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Amazing!!!! The hotel was big and clean the reception was very helpful and he gym and the swimming pool was very peaceful. A MUST go!!!!! Best staying experience ever in Yangon! The breakfast was with lots of variety from traditional to oversea food. The location is in downtown and the place is big with shopping centers nearby.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
WutyiHlaing, Sales & Marketing Manager at Sky Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Mingalarbar from Sky Star Hotel!

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks you very much for your excellent review and feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on another stay in the future.