Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sean H

The best hotel in Yangon

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Mar 2020
Facilities and interior design is the coolest thing I never seen it before in Yangon city, the service is the best. They really do care on their customer. I really really like this hotel. I’m sure I will come back this hotel again.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Responded 15 Mar 2020
Dear U9111ZCseanh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our hotel's facilities and services. It was a great pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!
AU$182
  • Novotel
    AU$109
4.0 km from Zealax Hotel & Residence
Free parking
View more hotels in Yangon (Rangoon)
All reviews thi thi river view totally recommend this hotel swimming pool and gym quiet surroundings well trained staffs breakfast set high speed wifi large bathroom front office excellent service min min great facilities dinner buffet rooms are clean pool side house keeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2020

I have stayed in many hotels in Yangon for the last 15 years. Zealax Hotel is one of my best and favorite hotels. For my work I need to visit many places in town. Since this hotel is located by the river in downtown, it is easy to move around and most places are close by. The room is pretty cozy and spacious. 24/7 opening bar, swimming pool and gym are joyful to release my stress after work. I very much love the scene of sunset and Dala side view from the top of hotel. I can definitely say it is the best view in Yangon and worth to stay. As a frequent traveler to Yangon, I highly recommend this hotel, and will come back to check in again in a near future.

Very amazed by how staffs greet me, and love it!! Special thanks to Su Mon, Li Hua, May & Bhone for their hospitality.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Marketing and Communications Manager, Marketing at Zealax Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2020

Dear Myanko_MiR,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us and highlighting our colleagues for their service. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our hotel's facilities and services. It was a great pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2020

Stayed at the hotel for 1 night only, but totally fell in love.

1. The staff, front desk office and f&b, are very friendly and helpful. They are willing to go the extra miles to help their guest.
(i) Informed them about my travel partner's birthday, and they surprised her with a cake, beautiful decoration and effort handmade card. Really touched and appreciate the actions.
(ii) I had an upset tummy on my second day, and asked if the kitchen has porridge for breakfast instead. They fulfilled my special request even when the porridge is not part of their standard breakfast menu.
(iii) They allowed us to have late check out as flight was at evening.

2. Hotel is really new. The whole hotel, including the room, is clean and comfortable. Room wise, i love how comfortable the bed was.

4. The hotel is well equipped with many facilities - pub at the lobby, gym, swimming pool, sauna, steam room. The room has Smart TV - if you are bored of the standard channels, you can mirror screen/cast your phone; and it has many other functions (since it is a smart tv). This is not something you see often even in 5-stars hotel.

p.s. for travellers: Beware that the address in Google Maps is wrong (as of 4 Mar 2020) - if you search for Zealax Hotel and Residence by Eskala / 16 Strand Road in Google Maps, it will show you another location. The location showed in Agoda and Grab when you typed the address is correct.
Hotel is aware of this and I was told that they had informed Google Maps to update their location.

2  Thank anghuiting

Dear anghuiting,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed and were happy with our facilities and service. It was a great pleasure having you as our guest. My team and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Zealax Hotel and Residence by Eskala soon!

Reviewed 9 March 2020

I meet the team at Zealax Hotel & Residence today and I was blown away by the space, the enormity, the scope of this property. Every last details has been thought of here under the guidance of General manager Mr Julian. This place certainly has tapped into the inner soul of Yangon and the wonderful hospitality of the burmese people. Staff are at every turn and eager to please. They are all smiles.

I was also impressed with the spacious rooms and the quality of the selection of the rooms. Starting at as little as US$100 for a standard room - I felt this room was more like a deluxe superior than a standard. The rooms are all super sound proof. I could not hear a pin drop and the hustle and bustle of downtown life is just on the doorstep.

Views of shwedagon pagoda from one side of the hotel and residences and on the other - of the mystical river that winds its way through the heart of the city - can be seen for rooms on both sides of the property.

For those looking for long term accommodation this is almost too good to be true. The residence offer 1, 2 and three bedroom serviced apartments and that are "MASSIVE" A One Bedroom fully furnished and equipped with everything from washer. dryer, large fridge, all kitchen and eating appliances, gorgeous wine glasses and top of the rage cups and plates etc.... was mid to high US$2000 a month

Date of stay: February 2020

Dear johngordon,

Reviewed 4 March 2020

Love the hotel. The front desk office team and every other staff are very friendly and helpful. We are able to communicate very well and all of our enquiries were answered very professionally. This is a hotel that is highly recommended to stay in. The team had made this Myanmar trip experience to be a very enjoyable one.

The room is also kept very clean. We had a birthday request and I enjoyed the surprise they prepared in the room. It was indeed a very pleasant birthday celebration by the team.

Every little details in the room were in good condition as well. The shower gel, shampoo and hand soap smelled very nice. There is hot water too. The only 2 things that are not available in the room were 1) there is no bedroom slippers and 2) the fridge ain't working. These 2 isn't really a big problem to begin with so it is ok.

Would like to compliment the Front Office Team especially and also not forgetting the housekeeping and other support operations members for the good and professional services! Good job team!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Marketing and Communications Manager, Marketing at Zealax Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Dear Yongtaufoo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our hotel's facilities and services. It was a great pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2020 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed in February.They made the romatic decoration.I do really love this.The room decoration,service and food all are excellent.All the Staffs are warm and helpful. Room is new,modernize and clean. One of the best hotel in Yangon.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear May 1516,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and many thanks for highlighting our colleagues for their service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.