“Great food ”

Lotus Myanmar Food House
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The food was great. I really enjoyed my meal. I'm a vegetarian and they have vegetarian options. Staff is very friendly too.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I was looking for somewhere to eat as a solo traveller and found this place after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. And everyone is right - this place is great value for money and the food is fantastic. The staff spoke English and helped me choose vegetarian food, which came with rice and soup as previously mentioned. The salad was particularly good - fresh and lovely flavours. The waiter, I'm so sorry I didn't;t get his name, entertained me with information about Myanmar and places to visit while I waited for my meal. It's close to downtown and Sule Pagoda, so quite central for most hotels and guest houses. Definitely somewhere to try and I would highly recommend eating here while in Yangoon.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 28 February 2018

The staff was extremely friendly. We shared a vegetarian meal two times we were there. And every time it was very delicious. The waiter helped us out and taught us some basic Burmese vocabularies. All-together a very good place for your eating-entry in Myanmar. Thanks for having us.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

We were very happy to have tried this restaurant, by chance, in a quiet side street away from the hustle and bustle of the center. The decor is simple, but pretty enough. We ate local dishes, simple but fresh. They have food sets, cheap. The waiters were really nice. And, finally, it's not expensive.So , you can try it !

1  Thank floridaturnbull
Reviewed 14 February 2018

It is St Valentine's Day, and my wife and I are in Yangon. We wanted somewhere pleasant to dine, and we wanted genuine Myanmar cuisine. I searched TripAdvisor and came up with Lotus, which delivered an absolutely memorable experience for all the right reasons.
It is a small restaurant, unpretentious from the exterior, but easy to find, just a few metres along 42nd street from the main Mahabandoola Rd.
The traditional Myanmar section of the menu numbers only about 20 items, with fish dishes dominant, but also some meat and vegetarian, and each is a 'set', including the main dish plus rice, vegetable side dishes, and a soup taken 'miso' style with the meal. I chose a fish dish, my wife chicken, and we did a measure of mix and match with these. Both were simply delicious, gently spiced, and adding a tiny dash of the very hot chilli sauce which completed the 'set' was perfect for me, while my wife needed none.
The service was stylish, very attentive without being intrusive, and we both agreed that this was by far the best meal out we had had in many years.
And the bill - all up for the two of us, including tax, less than 13 US Dollars, and half of that amount was spent on beer - we'd had a thirsty day! But we added a very significant tip, which was throughly well deserved.
We will certainly return before we leave Myanmar, and that is as good a testament as any.