“Ecoutour: Excellent day trip from Port Vila”
Review of Port Vila

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sydney
1 helpful vote
“Ecoutour: Excellent day trip from Port Vila”
Reviewed 7 September 2009

I had just a day to spend in Efate / Port Vila, on my way to Santo, and was trying to find an original way to discover the island.
Pascal at Ecotour gave me some great advice on what to do, and proposed a choice of hiking, cycling and kayaking.
The kayaking in pristine rivers by the jungle was amazing, the atmosphere excellent, and got to learn more about Vanuatu.
I wished I had a couple more days to try the cycling and hiking too.
Highly recommended for anyone who wants to discover the island differently!

Dublin, Ireland
190 helpful votes
“Best island holiday to date”
Reviewed 14 August 2009

Arrived in the middle of the night, but when I woke up the next morning and stepped onto my balcony, I was gob-smacked. THE VIEW!! Crystal clear waters as far as the eye can see, with waves breaking far out on the reef. Breakfast was on the deck, over the water.

The entire island had an air of friendly island hospitality, not likely to be experienced in very many places. The food, being influenced by the French, was awesome ... however this is subject to where you dine though. Hotel staff members were more than happy to assist in anything I required, always with a smile, and addressing me as "Missus".

Take a drive round the island, step out and snap a few photos, then slip out of your dress and take a dive in the many blue lagoons surrounding the island. Have a lazy lunch by the beach and chill out til the sun sets ... and what a sunset you'll experience too!!

Next trip I'll definitely be bringing that someone special, coz the island exudes exotic adventure by day, and romantic charm by night.

sydney
“zorbing”
Reviewed 7 August 2009

zorbing in vanuatu????? yes it exists and although i have already qualified as a zorbonaut in another country, zorbing in vanuatu was far more enjoyable. you dont have to pay per zorb, you just pay once and get to do as many as you like,we did 5 times,and they asked us if we wanted more!!!.also the local ni-van staff make it more enjoyable, even though they have seen thousands of people zorb, they still smile and laugh as much as we do.
great fun, great people, thanks to tom, make sure you drop in to his bar,nippers by the beach at the hideaway ferry.
sarah & kieran ..... the screaming irish zorbonauts

Sydney, Australia
“My Dream Hideaway”
Reviewed 5 July 2009

My husband and I just returned from our first overseas trip at the ripe old age of 50!! We chose Vanuatu as our family have moved there...well what an eye opener and a wake up call ...to just how the less people have the happier they are. It certainly is the happiest of any group of people I have met. For an expanding third world country I was pleasently surprised. The cafes and restaurants were wonderful..the service everywhere above average. We sought the help in accomodation- from Mark and Cassie-a lovely young married couple from L J Hooker Port Vila, who had a wonderful range of accomodation available if wanting to stay away from the Resort type places...Eton Beach is just dreamy...next time a must for a few days!!!The Restaurant just delightful with the best Lime Tart I have ever eaten...I think my favorite had to be Hideaway Beach...a hat shaped island a few minutes by tinny from Port Vila....have the Coconut Pie with coconut ice-cream!!!...the best in the world...made on the premises...nearly as good as the beautiful Coral and fish.

Port Macquarie Australia
2 helpful votes
“Great Day In Vanuatu”
Reviewed 1 July 2009

A day trip on the wonderful old yacht Coongoola is a 'must do'.

The main destination is Hapi Tok Bich (Happy Talk Beach, as in the song from South Pacific). Once there, you are a million miles from care. Go snorkelling or just lie in the warm water and let scores of tiny multi-coloured fish nibble at your toes.

On the way out you visit a turtle sanctuary - and you can adopt one saved from its predators, give it a name and feel good that when released into the ocean it is likely to survive.

On the way back from Hapi Tok you will undoubtedly run into a school of dolphins that will entrance you as they leap out of the water or dive under the boat.

This is in Havannah Harbour where during World War II much of the US Pacific Fleet was gathered (The harbour provided great protection) before lauching on the big offensive against Japan. On shore they even had a township the locals called Coca-Cola. The American multi-national told them to change the name - but the local people just ignored the order.

Malcolm Andrews, Port Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Been to Port Vila? Share your experiences!