“This is not a French Restaurant part 2”
Review of Au Fare

Au Fare
Ranked #29 of 103 Restaurants in Port Vila
Price range: USD 1,200 - USD 4,300
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse, Bar, Fusion
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Au Faré Restaurant is a well known French Restaurant in Port Vila. A mix of island cuisine and the "savoir faire" of the French gastronomy. You will find here fresh seafood direct from the ocean, organic meat from Vanuatu, and delicious pizzas. You will also find coconut crabs from the personal livestock of the owner Romuald. Come and enjoy great food and a beautiful ocean view!
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I wish I had read the reviewers before we went here.
We were all excited to go here for a French meal, but it was all a let down.
I may be a Kiwi but this is no French Restaurant, not even close.
Massively over priced.
We read the menu, had one drink and then left and went next door to Reefers.
We had a really nice meal there. You should do the same.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Au Fare has excellent pizza and salad options. We got the palm salad with the meat lovers' pizza which was all very good.

1  Thank msenous6
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Took our team have some great local fresh seafood, most of us had seafood platters for two which included lobster (self chosen from fresh tank) balance made up of prawns, muscles, fish, calamari, salad etc.

Very good food and excellent service.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Looking forward to an authentic French meal and got deep fried pub meal.

Nothing French about this place! I don't know if I'm more disappointed by the menu (not being French), the staff, the bugs from the spot lights shining on us or the meal.

Just overall poor!!

Reviewed 11 August 2018

This restaurant is located on the outskirts of town but the setting and atmosphere are really nice. There is a terrace by the lagoon but any sitting inside the restaurant is pleasant. The staff is nice, smily and pretty efficient. I went twice for dinner, twice I had tuna (tartare the first time and carpaccio the second time). The portions were generous and the quality of the food was really good. I also had a tarte tatin which nicely competed with tartes tatin served in restaurants in France. I thus highly recommend this place for a pleasant evening meal.