Vila Chaumieres is a beautiful, quiet place to stay. The people are warm and welcoming being a small resort and the restaurant is a beautiful, intimate setting with some great food. It was great for our honeymoon as most nights we were the only ones there or there was only one or two other tables with people so it felt very private and relaxing. Prices are similar to classy restaurants in Australia around AU$30 for mains. The rooms are very comfortable and clean, it was nice to be free from bugs (problems we had in other places in Vanuatu) and the mosquito nets are an added comfort.
We split our stay between Port Vila and Santo and found Santo a better place to honeymoon as the beaches and snorkelling there (and of course the blue holes!) are really hard to beat if you're looking to just kick back by the beach.
But if you are staying in Port Vila, Vila Chaumeiers is a great option, it was easy to get into town and it's the perfect place to stay if you're looking for a smaller, more personal resort as opposed to the huge places like Irirki.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vila Chaumieres is a child-free Resort set in a lovely tropical garden on the banks of Erakor Lagoon. Renowned for its excellent restaurant, and situated just 4 km from the centre of Port Vila, it offers a peaceful retreat to the discerning traveller seeking an alternative to the large tourist resort, but still within easy reach of all facilities and holiday amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Vila Chaumieres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Chaumieres Hotel Port Vila
- Vila Chaumieres Port
- Vila Chaumieres Vanuatu/Port Vila