Lowest prices for your stay
AU$219
Anna H

Pure Bliss!

Review of Mangoes Resort
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
An incredible resort! Two weeks of pure bliss (extended because Air Vanuatu cancelled our flight home!). The resort was incredibly accommodating, comfortable, friendly, and provided fabulous service.

We had an issue with our private pool, which was quickly rectified. We were moved rooms and given complimentary drinks.

Christel, Chichi, Taku, Thomas, Stacey, Serah, Linda, and Anne were especially brilliant and very attentive, as was James, the driver.

The menu was a little limited for a two-week stay, but we also ate out, which wasn't a problem.

Loved the peace and tranquillity of the resort, its location and having a choice of pools to laze beside!

Would definitely return!
Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    AU$243
    AU$302
3.3 km from Mangoes Resort
View more hotels in Port Vila
All reviews mango plunge pool lagoon view walk into town air conditioning relaxing week local staff come home day trip hideaway island fish pools callum resort vanuatu accommodation villa
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2024

I had always wanted to visit Vanuatu, I had one week of annual leave coming up and thought why not!!! I was to travel by myself and did feel a little uneasy about it until I engaged with Mangoes Resort. The reservations team were amazing and so easy to deal with. They answered all my questions (as silly as they may of been) and really made me feel at ease and excited to just get there....

When I arrived, I was greeted by Mangoes wonderful staff, so smiley and very friendly. They assisted me again with all my questions, nothing was too hard for them.

My plan for this trip was to relax, read a book, explore a little and eat delicious food.

I had booked a Lagoon View Pool bungalow at Mangoes, the view was stunning, the breeze was nice and the pool was something I really enjoyed.

I ended up spending majority of my days lazing around my private pool, reading my book and simply unwinding which was the exact holiday I was looking for.

My room was serviced daily, the staff were friendly and very accommodating.

Mangoes Resort also has a restaurant - I ate there nearly every night. The food was delicious, and the customer service was great.

I had a really great time, thankyou Mangoes Team, I will be back.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2024

I went to Vanuatu for the first time on a solo trip and Mangoes was my first stop.
The local staff were lovely and very helpful, however someone named Kalam Rhodes who is or was the manager was the rudest and most racist person I have ever met as a traveller.
He made me feel very uncomfortable and tarnish my experience at Mangoes.
Imagine having your breakfast in the morning in the restaurant and being interrupted to be told that you will be charged extra for cleaning your room. It showed a total lack of professionalism and common sense.
And during the check out, he was completely arrogant and insulting.
I suspect he acted this way as I was a black man travelling solo as I saw how different he behaved with couples from different nationalities.
I would not recommend Mangoes if you are not a white couple. There are plenty of others better located and cleaner resorts in Port Vila.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
General Manager, General Manager at Mangoes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2024

We regret to have received this feedback.

Upon investigating the matter, we discovered that there were reports from other guests of noise and disruptive behaviour from the early hours in the morning. When our cleaning team attended the room in the morning, it was discovered that it had been left in a very unsatisfactory condition.

Our staff took immediate action to address this issue. The housekeeping team disposed of all linen, along with a thorough clean and sanitized the affected room to ensure it meets our standards of cleanliness for future guests. The guest did not make us aware of this situation at any point beforehand.

We strive to provide a clean and welcoming environment for all our guests, and incidents like this are not reflective of the level of service we aim to deliver. Our resort offers a welcoming and inclusive environment for all the guests, regardless of race, ethnicity, or background and do not agree with the statement made.

We understand that misunderstandings can occur, and we regret any miscommunication that may have led to your dissatisfaction.

Reviewed 15 December 2023

Amazing child free resort for couples to relax in. The grounds and bungalows are beautifully cared for and maintained, basking in the true tropical essence of what makes Vanuatu. It’s quiet, un-crowded and private.
We chose a room with a plunge pool which was a treat, but still managed to use the three main pools also.
The staff are personable and helpful. The restaurant has perfect el fresco dining and a good selection of all you need.
Will definitely stay here again and recommend to all.
Thank you Stacey, Thomas and the rest of the team at Mangoes.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2023 via mobile

We have been eating here for the last few weeks. The food and service has been consistently excellent. Tonight, we tried a program they have, called 'Trust The Chef' - exquisite fine dining where you leave everything to Chef Taku, who has never ceased to amaze us with the rich combination of flavors.

No doubt one of our favorite places to eat - great family memories created here.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2023

Exceeded expectations. Spacious and clean villa, privacy and all amenities. Gardens and pool areas lovely. Service offered in Restaurant & Bar excellent with appropriate trading times and good value. Staff friendly and very helpful. Location and access to tour and transport information excellent. We also appreciated Special services provided including arranging private dining, picnic basket, in room High Tea and massage all executed with great care and attention by staff. It takes a team to operate an "adults only" resort and from Management & Reception, Chef & kitchen crew, Front of House, Housekeeping and Maintenance our experience was that all combined to create a fantastic environment. We are grateful for their efforts and would highly recommend and wish we had planned a stay longer that 7 nights. Definitely would return. Thanks to all.

Room tip: Communicate your needs to staff & give them an opportunity to demonstrate their care & versatility in providing the service you require
Date of stay: June 2023