Mangoes Resort
Quest Apartments(Port Vila)
Ah Tong Motel(Port Vila)
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
All reviewsmangolight breakfastprivate poollagoon viewpay the differencemuesliresident catevery morningminute walk into townair conditioningour honeymoonerakor lagoonfirst morninggreat cocktailswhole weekdaily specialsrelaxing stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just got back from a great week in Port Vila where we stayed at Mangoes in a lagoon view bungalow with private pool. We chose Mangoes based on Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. Our bungalow directly overlooked the lagoon and felt very private, was very clean and had nice little extra touches such as fresh flowers every day. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Restaurant food and service were both excellent. Location of resort is good - a 15 minute walk into town or a short bus ride (buses are only 150vt per person). You can also book tours at the hotel every morning, and both that we went on were worth it (Mele Cascades and the Village Feast on a Friday night).

Note that Vanuatu is not cheap so expect to pay the same prices as home. We ate out a few times in town and particulary enjoyed the steak at Le Cafe du Village next to the Grand Hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a lagoon room view - also we felt that paying the extra for a private pool was well worth it
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank elenageorge_nz
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I have just returned from Vanuatu and I felt the need to write a review for the gorgeous Mangoes Resort. Mangoes is an excellent place to stay when visiting Port Vila. It is clean, comfortable and the staff are the most welcoming and genuinly happy people that you could ever wish for. The moment you come into the Resort you are welcomed by the most lovely of staff. Eating here is a pleasure as the food is fantastic, tasty and always fresh but again it is the staff that create an atmosphere that cant be faked. We had a fantastic time in Port Vila and it was always nice to come in from a days adventuring to the beautiful refreshing pool(s). The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. Ths lovely ladies that service the rooms are extremely coutreous and friendly. I would highly recommend staying at Mangoes, well worth the view as well. Wow

Room Tip: Get a room with a Lagoon View. Well worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerrie V
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed at Mangoes Resort a couple of times through the year and really enjoyed the facilities. The individual huts are really good, each with its own verandah. The 3 pools give you options and 1 is suitable for lap swimming.

The food, drinks and service was excellent and the staff cleaning / tidying the rooms were just lovely.

The resort is out of town a bit, which was wonderful and only a short bus or taxi ride in at little cost.

But for us, the crowning glory is the helpfulness of both the staff and the management. My husband lost his wallet and the management were incredibly helpful - not only did they send staff out to look for the wallet, but they did everything they could to make sure that he had funds to keep him going and to get home safely.

On his last trip, my husbands taxi failed to turn up to get him to the airport for the 6am flight back to Sydney. When this was realised, The manager himself drove my husband to the airport - such wonderful way & above the normal service.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank KerryCleary_1958
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Mangoes is a beautiful resort, peaceful and private, I found rooms to be a bit basic but still very clean. Staff and food were faultless...I would have no hesitation in returning or recommending a stay here!

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank mrspastie
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed in December and came home christmas eve. My husband and I stayed at Mangoes and we had a ball from the first day we arrived till the day we left, and sadly as I had a cry all the way to the airport. A little about Mangoes, yes you have to request aircon but if you did your reserch a lot of accomodation in Vanuatu is like that and so is the power outs. For anyone who loves privacy and there own pool ask for it... We laughed and smiled every day and not one was wasted. Everyone was so friendly and the walk to town is about 5- 10 minutes, it's very easy to find and if you get lost ask a local they are very very help and friendly much to our surprise after some things we had read. There is so much to do and a trip coordinator at the resort to help you if you need it. Buggies are execellent and so is Melecascades. I have trip numerous time to upload the photo's of how beautiful it is at Mangoes but the website keeps dropping out. So all I can say is if your not a whinger and are adventurous go to Mangoes and take there short walk to town. I miss it sooo much already and have only been home a few weeks... PS Hi everyone we will see you again this year, say hi to the pup pup and cat

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple