All reviews snorkelers cove azure restaurant infinity pool waterfront fare splash tour iririki island sunset bar minute ferry ride ferry service tennis courts special thanks overwater bungalow main restaurant fish kids club cruise ship day trip
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We spent 6 nights at Iririki Island Resort and had a great time. We were very happy with our room (Island Fare), nestled in the lovely gardens away from the water. A fridge that worked a bit better and a microwave is the biggest complaint but everything else we were happy with.
We went on a couple of the activities and had a great time, it seemed a shame so few people seemed to take advantage of them, but it was good for us. The fire show, the Splash tour and market tours, along with a catamaran lesson were also good. The guides on each of these were fantastic and made the activities all the more fun. Snorkelling straight out from the resort was also pretty good.
There wasn’t a huge deal to do of a night outside of the casino and sitting at the bar, although the live singers was enough to get us there a couple of nights, they were general very good. We were there to relax so the lack of things to do wasn’t all bad.
The breakfast was pretty good, but not huge fans of the lunch and evening meals. But getting into Port Vila was a nice quick boat trip so it is easy enough to go elsewhere.
Overall a really nice place that is very relaxed. Extremely glad we stayed there, I would definitely stay there again.
The staff were so friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Dan-TSV001
gmiririki, General Manager at Iririki Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Dan-TSV001
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, the splash tour is indeed a very popular tour along with the beach BBQ and fire show. There is nightly entertainment with great local singers and dancers for guest to enjoy.
Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

We stayed on the overwater bungalows which are beautiful but the nightclub in Port-Vila kept us awake till 4 o’clock in
the morning the next day we spoke to the manager and if you asked nicely they will upgrade you as they did for us to a Apartment it was just fantastic nice and quiet and relaxing can’t ask for more good variety of restaurants And friendly staff
Great snorkelling just outside our Apartment very easy to get to Port Villa via the shuttle 24/7

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank 489dennyd

Dear 489dennyd,
Thank you taking the time to post your review,
I'm glad you were able to have a relaxing holiday on our little slice of paradise and our friendly staff looked after you.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

The rooms are quite dated - especially the bathrooms. For one evening, for a few hours, the shower system did not work due to maintenance issues. Bring your own toiletries if you're particular, as the toiletries are very run-of-the-mill and not high-quality.

However, I slept extremely well for all nights, especially when I turned off the airconditioner and just opened the glass sliding doors. If you're here during a cooler season, try it! I also loved hanging out on the balcony and enjoying the sea breeze.

The food quality and selection leaves much to be desired. Just go to the mainland and eat at one of the famous French restaurants. Beverages - from coffee to cocktails, must be improved as well. The food & drinks situation is possibly the weak point of this resort.

Also, don't expect wide expanses of white sand on this island. It may be good place to stay in for the evenings, or as home base for a Vanuatu trip, but to see Vanuatu's natural beauty, you'll have to go elsewhere.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank manilasundiva

Dear manilasundiva,
We do have a small beach on the eastern side of the island which is well patronized by our guests and great snorkeling on the western side.
Thanks again for your review

Reviewed 26 October 2018

This hotel was an absolute joke. It hasn't been maintained for years. In our first room, there was such a bad smell of damp we had to move. That was just the beginning.
1. The safe was broken, as was the air conditioner, which rattled all night so we couldn't use it.
2. We were moved to another room which was marginally better in terms of smell, but the shower was broken - there is a leak in the shower hose that has obviously been there for some time as the paint on the ceiling where the water spurts out has peeled off).
3. The toilet pipes made a loud sucking noise every 45 seconds .
4. An example of their idea of 'luxury' - the toilet brush was broken and rusting. Never mind luxury - that is just plain unhygienic and a high-risk health hazard.
5. The resort and island are inundated with mosquitoes and yet Iririki does not have mosquito spray, mats or nets made available in the rooms. My son has a bad allergy reaction to mosquito bites so we had to run around Port Vila looking for stuff to protect him. How can you have a resort in a seasonal mosquito area and yet not offer your guests mosquito protection? Again a health hazard and nothing luxury about this service at all.
6. When I went to the spa for a pedicur, other guests and myself were not collected to be taken down to our rooms for an hour. When the spa called reception, doing their very best to get someone to take us down, reception just put the phone down on them. We were subsequently told no one had remembered to power up the golf carts all day. How is this 'luxury' and how is this the guests' problem? Added to this, my son was left alone in the room for over 2 hours. I had planned the pedicure so I would only leave him for a short period of time. It's really not ok for a child to be left alone for so long, no matter how safe or otherwise a resort is. However, reception wasn't interested in this. I called them myself, three times, on my phone (international calls) as they were ignoring the spa ladies. They still left me and the other spa guests for an hour before we were collected. Totally unacceptable.
7.It was pouring with rain and yet most of your umbrellas are broken and cannot be used.
8. I washed my son's t-shirt and hung it over the clothes rail to dry. It now has rust stains on it that won't wash out. Again, how is this luxury?
9. We filled our hot tub to have a spa bath. When we turned on the jets, all that came out was hundreds of ants. This is just revolting. They offer a beautiful spa bath on the balcony but it's not been maintained so you are lying in a bath and get covered with ants.
10. The 'kids club' had a warped ping-pong table, board games were missing or had pieces missing and there was ABSOLUTELY nothing to do and not activities planned for rainy days.

What makes me angry (aside from my disappointment of not having a decent holiday) is that Iririki advertise themselves as a luxury resort. This is completely misleading and a flat out lie. If it was at least clean and well-maintained I could get over the lack of luxury to some extent. But this resort it a mess, and a disgrace. Iririki should be ashamed. It is anything but that. A total waste of money, a massive disappointment and a holiday I look forward to forgetting.
PS I emailed the resort three times and called them and they have never responded to my correspondence.

Room tip: Don't go - the rooms are mediocre at best.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Kovik04
gmiririki, General Manager at Iririki Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Kovik04,
I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us, I will go through each department with your complaints. The island went through a $23 million refurbishment less than 24 months ago so we are not ashamed of our island and never will be as you can see from our previous posts we have a highly rated product and as you have given no positive feedback in your review it is hard for me to gauge your review as a balanced post as all of our reviews are, we also have a high rate of return guests in which we are very proud of.
Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Loved our week on Iririki Island which could be be as relaxing or sctive as you like. Snorkelers Cove short walk away was excellent and kayaking around island was enjoyable. Staff superb and nothing was too much trouble. Keep an eye out for special deals re accommodation. We stayed island fare with room and verandah bigger than expected. Enjoyed buffet breakfast and spent most nights eating in Port Vila restaurants. It is such a beautiful spot to celebrate 40th anniversary. Very thankful. Well worth the stay. Ferry 24/7 available ( no cost) gives you some peace from main street and market. Loved lesrning about new culture.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
gmiririki, General Manager at Iririki Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

dear NKR59,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review,
Our guests do enjoy the free water sports with kayaking and snorkeling being the most popular, our staff certainly make you feel most welcome and we are very proud of them.
thank you again for your review.