Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Linda R

We Loved Erakor Island

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks agovia mobile
From our boat ride across to Erakor island & as we were first welcomed by Sarah the Manager & her fantastic team, which then set the scene for our fabulous stay.
The food, the cocktails, the delicious breakfasts & the activities, we Absoulutely loved it ALL.
Date of stay: June 2024
Room Tip: All activities included
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    AU$140
5.2 km from Erakor Island Resort & Spa
View more hotels in Port Vila
1,002 results
All reviews erakor island melanesian feast wedding planner pizza night movie night on the beach family villa fish day trip melanesian night a short ferry ride day bed fire show sea life blue lagoon paddle boards our honeymoon water sports
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 June 2024 via mobile

From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. Our room was spacious and clean and super well located. 3 steps to the water, another 5 to the reef.

With so much to do in the water including snorkling, SUPing, kayaking, surfing, swimming. There is also plently to do in wet weather including, pool, foosball, table tennis.

We enjoyed everything the island had to offer. It soon began to feel like our own little hideaway.

We snorkled several times a day as it was soo readily available. Yes we found Nemo. He's here. Along with the majestic Lionfish and so many other species.

Our meals were lovely and enjiyed daily after Cocktails at Happy Hour.

The only problem is trying to work out when we can book a return trip.

With Sarah at the helm, the crew here are super friendly and helpfull.

Date of stay: June 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2024 via mobile

We stayed on Erakor for 10 days and had a wonderful holiday. If you are looking for something different to the big hotel chains with a quiet island vibe then you must consider Erakor.

The island is a little quirky, but this is part of its appeal. There is plenty to do on the island but it is also very close to town if you want to explore other local sights. The staff are all super friendly and you will find it hard to say goodbye to them when you leave.

We ate breakfast and dinner at the restaurant most days and there was plenty of choice.

Snorkelling and watersports are well catered for (don't forget to bring reef shoes) and there is a lovely pool if the tide is out. Plenty of tours and activities that can be arranged from the island without an extra fee.

Don't miss their pizza and movies night ......best pizza I have had anywhere!!!!

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2024

After months of planning, I was up for an adventurous trip around Efate Island, but as soon as we arrived at Erakor Island Resort, my plans changed. It was so relaxing staying on our tiny island (plus we had just had 4 days of adventure on Santo before our arrival).

You just don’t want to leave Erakor Island. Port Vila itself is a busy place. Our only experience of the town centre was driving through it in a van to and from the airport, but that was enough. The resort offered me the opportunity to relax and unwind, as well as for my teenage boys to get involved in watersports, play pool, volleyball and ping pong, not spending too much time on their phones.

We didn’t go to any restaurants other than the one on our resort. Had we stayed longer than 4 days, we would have as, although the menu is extensive, it’s good to have some variety.

We did arrange a morning trip to Off Road Adventures (buggies we think was a better choice than quad bikes) and an afternoon trip to the Blue Lagoon – not on the same day, which might have saved some money in terms of drivers (driver for afternoon = Vatu 12,000). All of this was organised by the beautiful guest service staff, Lita and Natalie.

We stayed in a 2 Bedroom Beachfront Vila. These Vilas are closest to all the amenities, which I was nervous about in terms of noise. Turns out it was perfect for picking up paddles for kayaks, swapping beach towels and bringing drinks to our deck for happy hour and sunset views. We stayed in Villa #1. Villas 2-4 would have been preferable in terms of privacy, but we didn’t have a problem. We read some reviews about breeze on the eastern side of the island and agree that the beachfront vilas on the western side of the island are preferable to the other cheaper accommodation options.

On our first night, we stayed in Sunset Villa, due to some work being done in our smaller vila. This is a great accommodation option, with a lounge, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The verandah and outdoor dining setting gets the best breeze on the island, as it is in the centre of the island, with close access to the beach on either side. It’s not a far walk to dining. Guests who stay in further accommodation options tend to use the buggies to transport them around the island.

The snorkelling off the island is not great, but is entertaining. Due to cyclones, there is limited diversity in coral, especially harder established corals, however there is a diversity of fish (and eels) and yes …. a lot of starfish (because the water is clean here).

Out teenage boys loved swimming out to the pontoon, the kayaks, the SUPS, the pool table, the ping pong and silly rides on the pool slide into the refreshing swimming pool. We will definitely be back to take a break from the busy world, perhaps when our boys have families of their own, as this resort caters to all types of families (and beginning families too with some honeymooners joining in the fun!)

Not to be missed is the Melanesian Night. We expected a show similar to ones we have seen in Fiji. Well, that was not the case! The choreography of the fire dancers and choice of tunes was spectacular - a fusion of a night club with an expensive circus act! Plus the string band was entertaining and played their set of glass bottles cleverly – think Mix 106.5 and wedding tunes!

A big shout out to Annie in the restaurant, and Lita and Natalie (mentioned before), whose friendly faces reminded us that we should be happy, happy, happy and relaxed …. which we definitely felt throughout our entire stay.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2024 via mobile

We had our wedding at Erakor with 14 or our family & friends joining us for a week - it was perfect!!!
Although the weather on the day wasn’t suitable for our planned beach wedding they did a beautiful setting by the pool for us which we loved. Lita looked after everything so well, there was no stress at all on the day.
The reception food was excellent & we couldn’t have wished for anything more, we can highly recommend Erakor for a wedding or a holiday.
The staff and restaurant are fabulous. We will definitely return!!

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tinamills13
Reviewed 20 March 2024

As a solo female traveller I do not even know where to begin with how amazing my recent stay was on Erakor Island Resort and Spa.
From the ease of being picked up at the airport to the friendly welcome of being met at the wharf my trip was off to a great start.
I cannot fault a single thing about the staff of Erakor, along with the stunningly beautiful crystal clear waters and the feeling of a true Island getaway, they to me are the real gems of this place.
My accomodation was excellent, very quiet and private and spoilt with an upgrade, thankyou very very much! A private pool and outdoor bath with stunning views, I could not ask for more.
We all know dining can have a big impact on making a holiday that much more enjoyable or not.
There was not a single meal that came out of the kitchen that was not delicious.It was a quiet time on the Island so it may or may not affect my experience but myself and fellow resort guest that i ate with each morning and night didn't have a single complaint.
The only regret I have is that I did not have my family with me, I look forward to returning with them including the grandchildren ,as I can see this will be the perfect place for a family vacay, especially for someone who values authentic connections and not just as a tourist.
THANKYOU to all the wonderful staff, the little things make the big difference.
Nat, your hospitality goes above and beyond great service.I cannot thank you enough for everything you did for me from making sure I was driven back to my accomodation in the evenings, to the invitation to experience real Vanuatu and going to church, that was so special.
I highly highly recommend Erakor Island Resort for your next getaway.At the very least make a day trip over.

Date of stay: February 2024