Lowest prices for your stay
AU$220
Breakfast included
No booking fees
tinamills13
Woodgate, Australia

Erakor Island - can’t wait to go back!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Mar 2024via mobile
We had our wedding at Erakor with 14 or our family & friends joining us for a week - it was perfect!!!
Although the weather on the day wasn’t suitable for our planned beach wedding they did a beautiful setting by the pool for us which we loved. Lita looked after everything so well, there was no stress at all on the day.
The reception food was excellent & we couldn’t have wished for anything more, we can highly recommend Erakor for a wedding or a holiday.
The staff and restaurant are fabulous. We will definitely return!!
Date of stay: March 2024
    AU$239
    AU$302
0.9 km from Erakor Island Resort & Spa
View more hotels in Port Vila
All reviews erakor island melanesian feast wedding planner pizza night movie night on the beach family villa fish day trip melanesian night a short ferry ride day bed fire show sea life blue lagoon paddle boards our honeymoon water sports
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2024

As a solo female traveller I do not even know where to begin with how amazing my recent stay was on Erakor Island Resort and Spa.
From the ease of being picked up at the airport to the friendly welcome of being met at the wharf my trip was off to a great start.
I cannot fault a single thing about the staff of Erakor, along with the stunningly beautiful crystal clear waters and the feeling of a true Island getaway, they to me are the real gems of this place.
My accomodation was excellent, very quiet and private and spoilt with an upgrade, thankyou very very much! A private pool and outdoor bath with stunning views, I could not ask for more.
We all know dining can have a big impact on making a holiday that much more enjoyable or not.
There was not a single meal that came out of the kitchen that was not delicious.It was a quiet time on the Island so it may or may not affect my experience but myself and fellow resort guest that i ate with each morning and night didn't have a single complaint.
The only regret I have is that I did not have my family with me, I look forward to returning with them including the grandchildren ,as I can see this will be the perfect place for a family vacay, especially for someone who values authentic connections and not just as a tourist.
THANKYOU to all the wonderful staff, the little things make the big difference.
Nat, your hospitality goes above and beyond great service.I cannot thank you enough for everything you did for me from making sure I was driven back to my accomodation in the evenings, to the invitation to experience real Vanuatu and going to church, that was so special.
I highly highly recommend Erakor Island Resort for your next getaway.At the very least make a day trip over.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2024

Whatever you do do not book for Monday. The restaurant hosts karaoke where drunk people attempt to sing 80s-90s ballads. Other nights they have off-key singers who play loud so good luck with sleeping (or...you know!)

If you are coming for a romantic getaway, this is definitely not the place

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2024

Hi everyone!

My husband and I have just spent an unforgettable two weeks on Erakor Island, in the beautiful Erakor Island Resort. I wanted to share with you our experience, as this holiday was truly a blessing and one we will never forget.

Flights :
We travelled Air Vanuatu from Brisbane to Santo, then from Santo to PV. Everything was on time, Air staff were very accommodating, meals were great and the flight was overall a good experience. The smaller aircraft that flew us from Santo to PV was extremely hot onboard while we were waiting for take off, which I would imagine some people would really struggle with. The airports were also incredibly hot and humid... but what do you expect on a tropical Island? (lol). There were also limited places to eat and drink so keep this in mind. PV and Santo are not Huge built up cities like we have in Australia or the US, and to base unrealistic expectations around this will only lead to disappointment. The locals were very warm and welcoming, and we were offered a taxi trip around Santo during our wait time which really helped pass the time.

Accommodation :
Wow.. where to begin?!
upon arrival we were met at the airport by a transfer taxi that the resort had arranged for a small fee. Taxi was air-conditioned and the driver was very welcoming and loaded our luggage into the bus.

After a short ferry ride across the lagoon's pristine crystal clear waters, we arrived on the island. Shout out to Alice and Kevin for welcoming us with a refreshing drink and island vibe smiles!
We were then driven to our villa. I was absolutely on cloud nine when I saw how beautiful the villa was, with such a dreamy ocean backdrop. It truly felt like a tropical island paradise and I felt so blessed to be calling this place home for the next two weeks.
The villa was extremely clean, fully screened, had an extremely powerful air-conditioner, a very comfortable king sized bed, huge TV, free wi-fi, room service, PLENTY of towels which I loved, full bathroom amenities, a beautiful tropical outdoor shower with a Tarzan vibe :P , mini kitchen including bar fridge, kettle and tea/coffee making facilities, and microwave. The outdoor area featured a private plunge pool, a queen size day bed and best of all, the incredibly breathtaking ocean view that we were less than ten steps away from.

Staff :
I can not speak highly enough of the staff at Erakor Island Resort. Everyone was so humble and welcoming, very accommodating to our every need and went out of their way to ensure that we were having a great time. We truly felt as though we were staying in a home away from home.

Activities :
The resort provides snorkeling gear, kayaks, and stand up paddle boards all free of charge. There is also a ping pong table, football table and a playground for children. The resort also has an amazing pool overlooking the lagoon waters surrounding the island. The resort also offer a free 24hr ferry service to and from the mainland.

Snorkeling :
Despite some reviews about Erakor's snorkeling, I have to say that my husband and I spend about %90 of our time snorkeling around the island. We took our own gear as we enjoy snorkeling a lot and there is nothing quite like your own gear. Yes, like some reviews say, there are a lot of starfish. But "only" starfish? This wasn't our experience at all. We would spend hours snorkeling, and sometimes loose complete track of time. There are so many beautiful corals, thriving with vibrant marine life, countless tropical fish, sea cucumbers, different kinds of eels, different kinds of crabs, and of course, Erakor's famous starfish. We could tell that some of the coral has taken on damage due to the cyclones, but honestly this is to be expected, and did not draw from our experience whatsoever. The entry to the lagoon can be a bit harsh on the feet, so make sure you pack reef shoes. At the back of the island where the lagoon opens up to the ocean, there is a wonderous coral drop-off. We swam out to it while a tour boat was feeding the fish. A truly special moment.

Spa :
big shout out the the lovely masseuse who delivered a full body massage that was out of this world. I have had a lot of massages, but this by far was the best. It wasn't just the massage itself... it was all of the little things that were added to make the experience unforgettable. The energy was relaxing, nurturing and had me stumbling back to the villa. (thankfully it wasn't that far to walk! ha!) Erakor resort is blessed to have such a special lady.

Restaurant :
We ate at the restaurant for two weeks solid and did not get tired of the food. The resort offers free buffet breakfast each morning with a wide arrange of menu items that the chef cooks fresh. The all you can eat buffet includes pastries and mini cakes, fruit juice and water, coffee and tea, plenty of cereals, fresh tropical fruits and toast with different spreads. Then there is a hot breakfast menu which is included that offers a wide selection of cooked breakfast items. My husband and I ate a huge breakfast each morning which kept us going until dinner time. Shout out to Joanna, Elsie and Rory and all of the other restaurant staff who made our mornings and evenings welcoming and full of laughs. You guys really added so much to our experience.
Food seemed to be accessible at all times which was truly amazing. You hear about so many resorts who offer food strictly at certain times, this wasn't our experience.

Over the two weeks we didn't feel like we had to leave the island at all. *HUGE shout out to Kevin, Andrew and Dan the man for driving us everywhere on the island in the buggy. We really appreciate you guys.
If you are looking for a holiday which is crammed full of site seeing and various adventure activities, you can take a trip to the mainland. But if you are looking for an authentic island vibe holiday, based around pure relaxation, rejuvenation and stunning scenery... Erakor Island Resorts is the place to go.

We cant thank the staff enough for making our trip truly special and one we will never forget. Erakor island is now our home away from home and you are all like family to us. Lita, Natalie, Dan, Kevin, Andrew, Joanna, Elsie, Rory, Alice and everyone else at Erakor.. Thankyou. We cant wait to see you all again soon!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Voyagetoparadise
Reviewed 20 February 2024

My wife and I spent 5 days at the resort and from start to finish it was a great experience. We were fortunate to get an upgrade to our room which was on the east side of the island right on the water. I recommend snorkeling on this side as there is a number of small coral reefs with 15 to 29 different fish around them meters from your room. The tour staff office is something we all need just an open hut looking out over the lagoon and they arranged a trip to Blue Lagoon and Lelepa Island for us. The island trip was low key but everything you needed was there and the second stop off the western side of the island had spectacular coral and sea life that we will never forget. At the resort breakfast is easy and good quality, we had lunch and dinner a couple of times with a good variety of selections. Getting to and from the island on the ferry/ tinny is easy, getting the bus into town was cheap and straightforward. Make sure you grab a kayak and explore the lagoon it’s an easy paddle but worth the few hours of adventure. One last thing we did was the Erakor Village walk with Nathalie and you see first hand how the locals go about life in such community focused way and you get to sample Kava at one of the Nakamals. In summary the staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and very comfortable with air conditioning as a great feature. We would be happy to stay again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank R122ZBallanb
Reviewed 10 February 2024 via mobile

stayed for 3 nights in a lagoon suite for $430 a night and it was expensive for what it was. I regretted booking the lagoon suit as the water in the lagoon we were facing wasn’t very good to swim in. Breakfast was very sub par for the price you pay, had much better breakfast elsewhere. Thursday Melanesian night wasn’t put on as advertised which was disappointing. Umbrella wasn’t provided in room and when I asked for one no one seemed bothered to sort it. Snorkelling and seeing the many starfish was great but overall I wouldn’t stay again, I think it’s better suited for a day trip.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple